Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I don't actually WANT to - but has the option to email members through the forum gone ?

21 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

I don't actually WANT to - but has the option to email members through the forum gone ?

As far as I can tell, yes, the functionality has been removed.

I'm on mobile and each time I try to access my scroll, it says an error occurred. The rest of the DC pages load fine. I'm on Chrome for Android. 

Edit: biomes work for me, individual dragon pages do not.

Edit 2: And possibly fixed?

Edited by Jazeki

I'm using a computer, on Chrome, and I'm getting errors in the biomes, viewing my scroll and viewing a group, but not on an individual dragon's page. Weird.

I'm getting the error has occurred tombstone on everything.

Everything fine for me - just went back to look. I have been hunting for the last 45 minutes - biomes and AP, and checking lineages and everything - no problems at all.

Um, hi? I have a fictional island where the dragons of my scroll live, the Galtchick island. Because of this, I often use this name in my dragon descriptions, but the last one I made was rejected by mods with a message saying (not the exact quote but something very close): "I don't understand the thing about Galtchick. Has it ever been referenced in DC events? I don't think it has. Rejecting." 

Plus, 8 of my dragons already have an approved description, and I'm sure the majority of themy also mentioned Galtchick island. The description guidelines do not forbid fictional places, and I've seen plenty of cases like this in other descriptions, including those already approved. So what should I do?

1 hour ago, ThermoDanone said:

rejected by mods with a message saying (not the exact quote but something very close): "I don't understand the thing about Galtchick. Has it ever been referenced in DC events? I don't think it has. Rejecting." 

Was it actually a moderator rejection or a user rejection? That list of "accepts" or "rejects" below your dragon's description are just user reviews that may or may not be helpful for improving a description, not a final judgement.

I agree. I had three user rejections of a dragon that USERS said referenced child abuse. It absolutely does not, and the mods - when it got to that point - must have agreed with me, as it was allowed.

7 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Was it actually a moderator rejection or a user rejection? That list of "accepts" or "rejects" below your dragon's description are just user reviews that may or may not be helpful for improving a description, not a final judgement.

No, it was a mod reject. It said Moderator Reject: this means it's not a user reject, right?

Edited by ThermoDanone
Misclicked the send button)

1 hour ago, ThermoDanone said:

No, it was a mod reject. It said Moderator Reject: this means it's not a user reject, right?

You may have better luck asking in one of these threads about questionable rejects:

From what I know, description mods usually keep an eye on those threads, but may not see your post here.

Has this been noted before and I just did not realize it, or is something changed?  The  gemshard eggs are greyed out in the encyclopedia, but hatchies and adults are fine.  I know I should have  enough to unlock them, I've observed over 1100 of them in the various colors and actually own a lot also.

7 minutes ago, ainisarie said:

Has this been noted before and I just did not realize it, or is something changed?  The  gemshard eggs are greyed out in the encyclopedia, but hatchies and adults are fine.  I know I should have  enough to unlock them, I've observed over 1100 of them in the various colors and actually own a lot also.

TJ may have been playing with the Gemshard encyclopedia page due to another problem that was reported yesterday. It seem that in fixing that he may have created a new problem. Mine are greyed out, too, and I am sure they weren't before.

OK, thanks much.

I was going to try to observe some Gemshard eggs and see if that fixed it, but I couldn't find any in the hatcheries just now.

I just observed quite a few and none of the sprites unlocked. :/

Same here but I still have the link to the encyclopedia page on the eggs view pages.

What happens if I delete a message that hasn't been read yet? I vaguely remember something about the message disappearing from the recipient's inbox as well, is this still true?

I THINK it will sit in theirs now, but they won't be able to respond directly to you. You get to "remove member from conversation" - I don't know if that takes it our of their inbox.

I will send you a convo and we can see...

OK I have now sent you two. One I have deleted YOU from the conversation. ONe I haev deleted the conversation. Let me know what happens....

OH. OK the message I get when deleting the convo says:

Are you sure you want to delete this conversation?

The conversation will be removed from your inbox and you will not be able to view or rejoin it. Other participants will continue to see it.

So I guess you will see that one. Let me know if you can see the one where I just removed you from the convo !

1 minute ago, fuzzbucket said:

I THINK it will sit in theirs now, but they won't be able to respond directly to you. You get to "remove member from conversation" - I don't know if that takes it our of their inbox.

I will send you a convo and we can see...

OK I have now sent you two. One I have deleted YOU from the conversation. ONe I haev deleted the conversation. Let me know what happens....

OH. OK the message I get when deleting the convo says:

So I guess you will see that one. Let me know if you can see the one where I just removed you from the convo !

Indeed - the one you completely deleted is still in my inbox, but there is no sign of the one where you deleted *me*.

Thanks for the help! <3

That was most exciting. Thanks for the info - now we both know :)