Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

This might seem a little stupid, but how do you edit your signature in the new forum version?  I'm mostly on mobile (ios 8:android jelly bean) and I don't see any menus or links for editing.

11 minutes ago, jerzeeshadow said:

This might seem a little stupid, but how do you edit your signature in the new forum version?  I'm mostly on mobile (ios 8:android jelly bean) and I don't see any menus or links for editing.

"Signature" is a tab under "Account Settings."

I haven't checked on mobile, but it's possible that it's hidden; mobile currently hides signatures on posts.

Thank you Mr. TJ!😄

I did find the Signature Editing area.  And it is visible on mobile.

You can just go here from the side bar on mobile:

Account:Account Settings:Settings Area:Signature

I guess I didn't see it before because of the "Settings Area" drop-down menu.  If you don't look carefully, you might miss that.

4 hours ago, fuzzbucket said:

Profiles used to show a user's local time - and assuming one hadn't lied in one's settings, that was very useful when offering trades. Have I just picked on people who haven't chosen to show it, or is that something else that's gone ?

I have not been able to find it on anyone's profile so far, so I suspect it's gone.  I would really like to have it back if possible.

I was wondering what a "checker" is? I've seen it used around the threads to describe dragons for trade/give, but I'm not exactly sure what it means or is referring to!

12 minutes ago, chandelotic said:

I was wondering what a "checker" is? I've seen it used around the threads to describe dragons for trade/give, but I'm not exactly sure what it means or is referring to!

You will find definitions and examples of a lot of lineage types here.

A checker is basically a lineage that has all males of one breed and all females another breed. Example

Just now, purplehaze said:

You will find definitions and examples of a lot of lineage types here.

A checker is basically a lineage that has all males of one breed and all females another breed. Example

That makes sense, thank you!

No - not since the server maintenance. There's a thread.

Thanks guys :)

Thought it would have something to do with the maintenance.

In regard to the Spirit Ward Dragons: Do I have to let hatchlings grow up into the different colours even though they change? Because the first ones I had were dark (day) then the second batch grew into one of the night sprites -- and those are the only two I can actually SEE on the dragonopedia site... Even though now there is another (third) colour... It does not show on the page. Only the two where they grew up into that colour.

@costum sort: I don't know... It works fine for me? I changed an egg I wanted on top but was in second -- and it worked just fine... Or is just the "do that kind of sorting" not working? But yeah. Maybe it was just luck? It was 9 hours ago if that is important. I think I did it two times though which would mean earlier but still after downtime. Could be that I am wrong about this "first" time though. 9 hours ago i KNOW though.

EDIT: Okay. Seems like it depends on the person. Interesting...

Edited by Akasaki

1 minute ago, Akasaki said:

In regard to the Spirit Ward Dragons: Do I have to let hatchlings grow up into the different colours even though they change? Because the first ones I had were dark (day) then the second batch grew into one of the night sprites -- and those are the only two I can actually SEE on the dragonopedia site... Even though now there is another (third) colour... It does not show on the page. Only the two where they grew up into that colour.

There are 5 different sprite sets for Spirit Wards, even though you can only see a 2/3. You will have to hang around other people's scrolls looking for Spirit Wards at different times (since the sprites are different due to times) and reclick your own ones every month in order to eventually get them all. Or I guess, since you asked, you could keep letting them grow up in the different sprite times and see if that helps you get them faster, but I got my encyclopedia page done just by looking at others.

1 minute ago, Mangrit said:

There are 5 different sprite sets for Spirit Wards, even though you can only see a 2/3. You will have to hang around other people's scrolls looking for Spirit Wards at different times (since the sprites are different due to times) and reclick your own ones every month in order to eventually get them all. Or I guess, since you asked, you could keep letting them grow up in the different sprite times and see if that helps you get them faster, but I got my encyclopedia page done just by looking at others.

Okay. Well -- I'll see. I wanted to do it with the dragons I have -- so I guess I'll just grow them. Why not. I find it funny though -- because as they change I do HAVE those adults on my scroll. So the "owning" of "three dragons" would be done, no? *sigh* Ah~ whatever.

By the way: I'm not even sure they actually grew up into that second sprite, as I just looked into my scroll, saw the other coloured adults that "just grew up" and thought it would depend on the time. Only after a few hours I saw that they STILL change -- but then, after looking into the dragonopedia now, after seeing a third colour on my own adults, there are only those two. So I guess it would HAVE to be the same colour -- which would mean I was lucky to see them shortly after growing up XD I thought there was some time between them though, but because of the drgonopedia I thought maybe I thought wrong. Confusing all araound -- but yeah~ *sigh* Let them hatchies grow. Poor things will have fog to let them grow right though ;P

Like nocturnes, they change colours at different times, even when grown up. It's not about when they hatch/grow up at all. And as you can only click your own dragons once a month, I think it is, and as you have to click spirit wards at all times - in all their forms - to unlock the various sprites, you would be smart to use others. You will also need to be up during the night to complete. A few of us just stayed up all night once, trolling scrolls, to unlock it all. The stats it took me to complete were way more than owning three, by the way: this was what I had when I completed (I've not done anything with them since, as it happens.

Image 1.png

Edited by fuzzbucket

Just FYI, the hatchlings don't have 5 sprites, but only 3. The adults change every two hours starting at 6pm cave time, cycling up from unlit to the brightest sprite, which appears at midnight, then cycling down to unlit at 6am cave time.

Thanks Fi - I was trying to find where I had noted down the timing :)

In which thread would I be able to post an art request where I could list what I am looking for and giving in exchange ?

*laugh* I know, that they change on their own! I only cklicked my own (adults) and so I wondered, because I only clicked two of my second colour AT MOST. So I do NOT think that I got it because of me "looking" at them. As I ban adults from my "scroll" page I wouldn't "see" them like that either (even though I don't know if that would count already...?) -- or is it enough to observe ONE of my own adults to get the colour...? --> "own 3 / observe 15" I only have observed 10 though ;P So it would NEVER be enough to have gained a colour from obsereving adults~ owning would be alright though.

Either way: I DO know, that hatchies only have two (which I both have) and only the adults five (changing through the night, different at day).

BUT: I sure as HELL have NOT looked at that many adults. I looked at a few "dark" ones -- but at most two red ones. I DO have the red ones, with three hatchies that COULD maybe have grown up at the "same" time. So yeah~

Oh... And so that (maybe) the confusion is lifted:

1. I got four "black" ones, gave up on the other colours. Was online only at day. Other dragons grew up, Spirit Ward wandered down the list and out of sight.

2. I got three new eggs -- they grew up while I wasn't watching. I saw the "new" colour, was happy. Saw that the other dragons had the same colour now -- went to the wiki, saw "daytime/nighttime" -- wondered how I got two colours... Asked myself, why I didn't get three after my adults changed and I saw the new (third) colour. Remember: I have only obsered 10 adults!!

Spirit Ward (two colours, 10 observed) - Kopie.png

Edited by Akasaki
picture/sreenshot

You do have to view a lot. Other people's scrolls are really the only way to achieve that...

One day - find a scroll with a LOT and observe them at other times. I have many - on page 7 of my scroll at 500 to a page.

Edited by fuzzbucket

22 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

You do have to view a lot. Other people's scrolls are really the only way to achieve that...

One day - find a scroll with a LOT and observe them at other times. I have many - on page 7 of my scroll at 500 to a page.

Aham. WHY do I have to "observe a lot"? I could just breed 9 eggs, make sure they grow up at the right time and have them all too. I mean: I need to observe 15 adults for ONE colour or own 3 adults. As I have only obsereved 10 adults it would not even be enough for one colour. Nonetheless I have TWO colours. And as I said before: I would like to get it with my OWN dragons if possible, which it seems, is possible.

But yes: Would I want to just get all the colours I could just go and observe 45 adults to get the colours.

And why do I think I could just grow hatchies into adults...? Look at the screenshot I posted above.

Colours: 2

Owned adults: 7

Observed adults: 10

I could NEVER have gotten the second colour without it being possible to get them through growing hatchies into these "colours" (times of day/night).

And because I didn't do it before, here:

Spirit Ward (own 3 or observe 15).png

Edited by Akasaki
screenshot

You have never clicked on anyone else's scroll ?  :blink: You could have "observed" one that way. But fair enough. You have a few months to wait though :) as you do have to observe them at every stage, not just whenever.

Edited by fuzzbucket