Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Cave - no, but you can release all your dragons.

Forum - you'd have to email TJ. Members can't do it. AFAIK your posts would stay though, so as not to derail threads.

Akasaki, you could indeed just breed 9 eggs and have them grow up at the appropriate times of day to achieve the unlocks on the rest of the Spirit Ward sprites. If that's your preference then go for it. I believe they do have to grow up within the time slot that the color you're going for is active.

As there are not notes yet for the breed unlocking the sprites will complete their info. And I really should get on writing the notes. Sorry about that. Most of the breed info is stored somewhere in my head and I haven't taken time to go sort it out.

2 hours ago, fuzzbucket said:

You have never clicked on anyone else's scroll ?  :blink: You could have "observed" one that way. But fair enough. You have a few months to wait though :) as you do have to observe them at every stage, not just whenever.

What's that got to do with anything? Obviously I have clicked on the scrolls of others. If I just have to few the scroll to get an "observed" for every dragon: Great. Maybe there are a few "observed" Spirit Ward adults like that. I STILL have only "observed" 10 though. For that you just have to look at my first posted screenshot.

Besides that: WHY do I have to observe my dragons...? I can just grow them... *sniff* Even Fiona confirmed that in the meantime XD

15 minutes ago, Fiona said:

Akasaki, you could indeed just breed 9 eggs and have them grow up at the appropriate times of day to achieve the unlocks on the rest of the Spirit Ward sprites. If that's your preference then go for it. I believe they do have to grow up within the time slot that the color you're going for is active.

As there are not notes yet for the breed unlocking the sprites will complete their info. And I really should get on writing the notes. Sorry about that. Most of the breed info is stored somewhere in my head and I haven't taken time to go sort it out.

Thank you :D I thought I was going insane here XD So yeah. I like to do that. One needs SOMETHING, right?! *laugh* And that is what I think too. So that is why I will fog them before they grow up, so I can look out for the right time :) Using fog SHOULD be alright, no? Hm... Well, I'll see I guess ;P

I know. No problem though. I only do it for the sprites either way! *laugh* Oh~ Well, when you do, I have something else to look forward to ;D

And thank you very much for the answer!

Sock's Mass Breeding thread was just closed, does that mean the event is canceled or will it still happen tomorrow?

Sock's last post seemed to indicate that it's still planned to happen, but yeah, having the thread shut down before the event begins is a bit confusing.

Sock has left DC, so I suppose it can happen, but without her.

I was just going to ask about that - where do we post our contributions to Sock's last mass breeding event?? Why was the original thread closed before the event even started?

Edited by walkinslow

As I said - it was closed when she left. She wasn't really in a position to host it. I'm sure people can breed without posting, no ? If not - set up a new thread ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

Quick question. Does anyone know if the time and other similar info is going to be added to any of the skins? I use the Retro because it doesn't give me a headache while clicking through the biomes, but it doesn't have the Cave Time, Night/Day symbols, or moon phases. Some of these are semi-important because I'm Noah's Arking my scroll. Kind of stinks that using skins puts me at a little bit of a disadvantage. Guess Retro kind of lives up to it's name, it's like the cave before any of that! (Remember when there was just one cave???)

TJ said once that it was really hard work updating all the skins with that kind of thing...

43 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

TJ said once that it was really hard work updating all the skins with that kind of thing...

This, and in the same post I believe he confirmed that there weren't plans to update the old skins. Let me see if I can find it.

I am not sure if this is the exact post I was thinking of -- but here you go.

About multiclutches.

I was breeding for Sock's extravaganza - and I have a load of very pretty LH x Celestial lines. So I bred some of them and as one would expect, I got:

The two dragons breed to produce several eggs, but you decide to keep only one:

Click the egg you wish to keep. If you do not select an egg, all of them will be abandoned after an hour.

Fine - the AP was where they were to go. I had to go out. 3 hours late I am back - and I am left with an egg from each clutch. Shouldn't they ALL have gone, or is this a glitch (I abandoned them, but I am now doing more, so...)

So I just picked up an egg that I thought was impossible -- a Pink bred from an Aria and a Silver. I had been privately disappointed after the Old Pinks were re-released as a separate species, because I had though that it meant that some of the lineages I had casually collected (such as a Yulebuck/Pink checkerboard where all of the CB mothers were Old Pinks/Arias) would be impossible to continue. This is the first time I've seen a pink egg from an Aria since the change-over, so I have no idea if this is normal/commonplace or unusual. Does anyone know what the rules are regarding this, or the breeding ratios? Thanks!

It's uncommon, but not impossible. This behaviour was left so that old lineages with Pinks from now-Arias can be continued.

Can dragons' codes be viewed before owning the dragon? I think I've heard people saying that they've seen some neat codes in the AP or biomes that they weren't quick enough to catch but I'm just wondering how they know the code before having the dragon for themselves.

Just now, Cottoncat said:

Can dragons' codes be viewed before owning the dragon? I think I've heard people saying that they've seen some neat codes in the AP or biomes that they weren't quick enough to catch but I'm just wondering how they know the code before having the dragon for themselves.

I don't know for all browsers, but there should be a little linktext in the low right or left corner as soon as your curser hovers over a link (picture in that case). So there you would be able to see the code (.../abandoned/CODE/something). If you use a tablet or something like that I don't know if the links show somehow... But yeah. That is ONE way :)

44 minutes ago, Akasaki said:

I don't know for all browsers, but there should be a little linktext in the low right or left corner as soon as your curser hovers over a link (picture in that case). So there you would be able to see the code (.../abandoned/CODE/something). If you use a tablet or something like that I don't know if the links show somehow... But yeah. That is ONE way :)

Ohh that explains it, thank you for letting me know! I'm glad it works on Chrome. It's definitely a helpful thing to know now since it'll be a huge help with code hunting. ^_^

Which forum topic can I ask for an art request ? I'm looking to get art done for something and I'm looking to 'pay' for some quality art. Just don't know where I would ask.

12 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Which forum topic can I ask for an art request ? I'm looking to get art done for something and I'm looking to 'pay' for some quality art. Just don't know where I would ask.

here maybe?

23 hours ago, Dew said:

This, and in the same post I believe he confirmed that there weren't plans to update the old skins. Let me see if I can find it.

I am not sure if this is the exact post I was thinking of -- but here you go.

In this post he says it should at least be fixed to show the time. Maybe it'll happen sometime, but in the meantime I'll just use what Ruby Eyes linked.

22 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

This information can still be found via Help => Time Reference (https://dragcave.net/help/time)

Thanks! This will make it a little easier! 

I was browsing in the Dragon Requests, and was going to make a suggestion, but I have no "create a new topic" button, just to reply to existing ones. Not sure when that was taken away from me and why?

Dragon Requests is currently closed to new requests.

And it will remain so until there are fewer than 100 open topics.

The announcement about this can be found here: