Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

So I picked up two blue Baikalas from the Jungle on the first day, before they became strictly coastal (if I'm understanding what happened right). Since then, I've bred that pair twice, and both times, they've produced brown Baikala offspring. The blue Baikala pair I got from the coast has produced blue offspring and my brown pairs have only produced brown so far, so I'm not sure if it's a glitch, or if this is normal. Anyone know?

I suspect it may have to do with Jungle ones being supposed to be green, not blue. So it appears you have two nifty glitch dragons :)

Lineage view for Celestial s2 hatchling is off center:

SEmjquL.png

Where would be the best place to report this?

A decent number of the smaller lineage tiles for hatchlings are also like that, though they're only seen on the progeny page. This is fine for hatchlings that face left, but for ones that face right most of their heads are off tile.

SDHA9Tx.pngt3E2q5g.pngVewddHV.pngPk45B7X.png

Hey guys! I'm struggling with posting pictures after the forum update. Should I post the IMG code or just the picture itself? I'm trying to edit my wishlist but it's a hopeless business. Codes turn up as just codes, if I copy/paste the pictures themselves turn up, don't turn up or disappear as random. What am I doing wrong?

17 minutes ago, Carai said:

Hey guys! I'm struggling with posting pictures after the forum update. Should I post the IMG code or just the picture itself? I'm trying to edit my wishlist but it's a hopeless business. Codes turn up as just codes, if I copy/paste the pictures themselves turn up, don't turn up or disappear as random. What am I doing wrong?

When you paste the code, there should be a little text at the bottom, something along the lines of "You've posted formatted content - remove formatting". Clicking "remove formatting" should make it display as the image when you post.

@Dew @11th @Terces

Lineage tile adjustments usually end up in Suggestions, as they're not really bugs but are more requests. I just made a thread to consolidate these, as there have been quite a few threads - and I suspect many not reported as it may be daunting to create a topic for something seemingly so small. You can request those mentioned lineages here: https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/179944-lineage-preview-adjustments/

For anyone who's recently made hatchling zombies: do they use up a freeze slot when they're successfully zombified? Or if they're revived, for that matter? I've heard conflicting information on this subject, some of it possibly outdated, so I'd really appreciate clarification! Thanks!

4 hours ago, songwithnosoul said:

For anyone who's recently made hatchling zombies: do they use up a freeze slot when they're successfully zombified? Or if they're revived, for that matter? I've heard conflicting information on this subject, some of it possibly outdated, so I'd really appreciate clarification! Thanks!

They do not.  If not previously frozen, they freeze instantly like leetle trees without using a slot.  If you revive a hatchling that was not previously frozen it can still grow up.  (If it died from lack of time you've only got about 30 mins to get enough views or freeze it, else it will die again.)   If you kill a recently frozen hatchling you supposedly get the slot back.  I've never tried that so can't confirm. 

What type of line/dragon would be considered a "2g dorkface"? Saw it in someones profile and I've heard it, but I can't remember what it is :ph34r:

Why are they 2g dorkface? Where did the name come from and how did it get big? :blush:

2g - second generation. Caveborn is first generation. Offspring of two caveborns is second generation.

This is a 2g of mine: https://dragcave.net/lineage/tKWw8

History: from the wiki:

Dorkface dragons are dragons that can trace their lineage back to Midas Dorkface and Shallyna'ar. Dorkface dragons are often highly sought after by Dragon Cave users. Dorkface dragons do not belong to any one specific breed of dragon. They can be of any breed so long as they can trace their lineage back to Midas Dorkface and Shallyna'ar. They tend to be more highly desired the closer they are in generations from Midas. Dorkfaces that have carried the name throughout their entire lineage are also more highly desired.

ladiefare's dragons lost their names on April, 19 2012, presumabily due to inactivity. Midas Dorkface and Shallyna'ar's names were soon taken by a player that noticed it who wanted to keep the names safe for Ladiefare's return. The true Dorkface pair could still be recognized by their code: Midas Dorkface's code is qESx, while Shallyna'ar code is 1JLm. On April, 22 2012 the Dorkface dragons on ladiefare's scroll were named again: Midas Dorkface and Shallyna'ar were renamed "The Original Midas Dorkface" and "The Original Shallyna'ar", respectively, while their offsprings got their old names again.

Midas Dorkface's History

Midas Dorkface is a gold dragon owned by ladiefare. Legend has it that ladiefare was trying to get a female golden dragon, but she kept ending up with males. She threatened the gold egg that if it turned into a male she would name it Dorkface. Unfortunately for Midas he was a male and so ladiefare named him Dorkface. The first part of his name, Midas, most likely comes from the story of King Midas who could turn anything to gold with his touch, which makes reference to Midas Dorkface being a Gold Dragon.

4 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Why are they 2g dorkface? Where did the name come from and how did it get big? :blush:

Fuzzbucket posted the lineage links of the caveborn Darkfaces. So if someone is looking for a 2nd gen Dorkface they are looking for a child of exactly those two dragons.

The Dorkfaces even have an entry in the Wiki where you can find more info: http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Dorkface_Lineage

How do we delete an attachment from our attachment list ? I was trying to change an image in my sig, but it is determined that trying to switch it out means that the image I removed and the one I wanted in instead are both there. So I though if I delete the one I don't want from my attachments - but no; I can't find a way to delete anything from here.

^As far as I remember that is a secret page just like graveyard and it is not possible to get to without typing the link. The secret pages were listed in wiki I think.

On 2.8.2017 at 7:33 PM, fuzzbucket said:

How do we delete an attachment from our attachment list ? I was trying to change an image in my sig, but it is determined that trying to switch it out means that the image I removed and the one I wanted in instead are both there. So I though if I delete the one I don't want from my attachments - but no; I can't find a way to delete anything from here.

Only from the post where you originally attached it, it seems. It's one of the options down with the thumbnail, if I recall correctly.

5 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Only from the post where you originally attached it, it seems. It's one of the options down with the thumbnail, if I recall correctly.

Thanks. I managed in the end, but... you'd think you could do it from your attachments page !