Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Is it normal for the Precognition BSA when used on an egg below 3 days to still say "...but its future might still be influenced." rolleyes.gif

That is the message you get, even though it is not true at that point. huh.gif

does Sinomorph and GoN ever produce avatar?

does Sinomorph and GoN ever produce avatar?

Hard to know without sino's encyclopedia page up yet. I would hazard a guess that sinos are neutral, like GoNs, so probably will only ever breed zyus. ^^

I'm pretty old school and just came back after a long break. I grabbed myself a...One of those "radiate power" eggs, and bred myself a guardian of creation egg. They're both taking abnormally long to hatch, and are currently near 3k views, 500 uniques and a few clicks. My other eggs, uncommons I grabbed from the cave to start refilling the species I've missed, hatched with 2kviews, 400 uniques, a few clicks.

Is this normal that rarer or harder to acquire dragons require substantially more to hatch or did I do something wrong?

Is this normal that rarer or harder to acquire dragons require substantially more to hatch or did I do something wrong?

Normal. Some breeds are more sensitive than others. Some are harder to hatch, among which include zyus, GoNs, and prizes. Some eggs, like luminas, aren't too rare, but are also more stubborn than a lot of commons are.

vvv Thanks, I'm a little tired after being in 95F heat/sun all day.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Normal. Some breeds are more sensitive than others. Some are harder to hatch, among which include zyus, sinos, GoNs, and prizes. Some eggs, like luminas, aren't too rare, but are also more stubborn than a lot of commons are.

Sinos can't be hatched. They come as adults.

Normal. Some breeds are more sensitive than others. Some are harder to hatch, among which include zyus, GoNs, and prizes. Some eggs, like luminas, aren't too rare, but are also more stubborn than a lot of commons are.

vvv Thanks, I'm a little tired after being in 95F heat/sun all day.

I see, alright. Thank you. Take care and try not to get heatstroke!

Also, good to see you're still around and helping out the community. You've always been a gem.

Can someone direct me to the forum formatting threads? I used to have a subscription to them, and bookmarks, but now that I'm actually looking for them, everything has vanished. And they don't seem to be stickied anymore.

I mainly need the ones that have how to add a picture to a post - like the egg pictures for the trading threads. Whenever I try standard BBC formatting on here, it fails.

Can someone direct me to the forum formatting threads? I used to have a subscription to them, and bookmarks, but now that I'm actually looking for them, everything has vanished. And they don't seem to be stickied anymore.

I mainly need the ones that have how to add a picture to a post - like the egg pictures for the trading threads. Whenever I try standard BBC formatting on here, it fails.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for or not, but it may help. laugh.gif

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...0entry6672236

You'll need to scroll down a bit to get to the image related bit.

Edited by jocosa

Copy'pasta codes for eggs/hatchlings: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=170522

BBCode Help:

- When making a post (NOT a quick reply), simply use the code buttons listed above the text box. To add an image, click the IMG button, paste the image code, then press "Close all Tags".

- When making a post (NOT a quick reply), look over to the left. Right under the smilies is "Check Post Length" and "BB Code Help". Click "BB Code Help" for an explanation of basic codes available here.

For adding pics from the wikia, for some reason https:// is enlarging the images. If you change https:// to http://, the size will be correct.

~

soullesshuman - ;~; <3

Copy'pasta codes for eggs/hatchlings

Not sure if this is what you are looking for or not, but it may help.  laugh.gif

Thank you so much, Jocosa & Sock! That's exactly what I was looking for biggrin.gif

Question: does stun not prevent things from growing up?

I stunned a few hatchies at 11 PM on the 14th. I sent them to someone else today figuring they still had quite a few hours to go before they could grow up, but they matured almost instantly on their scroll, showing I had quite narrowly avoided a cliff there! I thought hatchies needed one last view to trigger adulthood, and thus couldn't mature until stun wore off?

I thought maybe it just wore off upon trading, but the wiki says that's not the case...

When did the description on pygmy dragons change? They used to be "the size of a small cat" and now they're "on the same scale as domesticated animals." (Which is...rather vague. Cats? Horses? Cows? Pigs? Domesticated creatures come in rather a wide range of sizes.) I only happened to notice because I encountered a description in the queue a couple of days ago that made reference to the changed breed description.

Edited by Mathcat

(Mods, feel free to delete if you feel it's off-topic.)

I've seen many brand new (i.e. 6d 23h) eggs on Leave an Egg, Take an Egg. Since we can't abandon or teleport until five hours have passed since eggs were laid or stolen, how did the users leave these eggs?

EDIT: Thanks for answering, Infinis! I had a suspicion that only CB eggs were subject to the wait, but now it's confirmed.

Edited by Wintermute

(Mods, feel free to delete if you feel it's off-topic.)

I've seen many brand new (i.e. 6d 23h) eggs on Leave an Egg, Take an Egg. Since we can't abandon or teleport until five hours have passed since eggs were laid or stolen, how did the users leave these eggs?

The 5 hour wait only applies to eggs caught from the cave biomes. Bred eggs (and eggs caught in the AP) are not subject to that wait. ^^

I see an FAQ for the Cave itself, but where is the FAQ for the forum itself?

Also, how do we get/choose Member Titles? I don't see anything in Edit Profile about this.

The FAQs stickied at the top of this page address both the Cave and the Forum.

You don't get a custom member title until you hit level 10 - 2000 posts (or I think it doesn't show up until you hit 2001 actually.) Then it will appear right at the top of the page when you go to edit your profile.

Edited by purplehaze

I see an FAQ for the Cave itself, but where is the FAQ for the forum itself?

The link to the forum FAQ post is here. Like purplehaze said, it's in the thread stickied at the top of the page.

There is also a Help page located in the menu which should have some basic info.

How long has american english only been allowed for descriptions?

as long as I've been here its been that way

Ah, I was sure it used to be that british english was allowed but you had to be consistent and write the whole description in it

Ah, I was sure it used to be that british english was allowed but you had to be consistent and write the whole description in it

I actually got a warn for whining about this in the grammar thread (I wanted to say it in a thread where something might get changed, so the rant thread just didn't work for me.) - I objected to getting comments in reviews saying that I had spelt stuff "wrong". It's actually one of the reasons I stopped writing descriptions..

Though I have to say (just looked back at the one that made me so mad) the UK spelling survived... laugh.gif

What are the rules for using Dragcave sprites? I vaguely recall that you have to get permission from the spriters to edit them, but what about using unedited sprites in banners etc?

What are the rules for using Dragcave sprites? I vaguely recall that you have to get permission from the spriters to edit them, but what about using unedited sprites in banners etc?

Each artist has different preferences for how you're allowed to use their sprites. The official permissions thread has info on who is comfortable with using unedited sprites in banners.

Not sure if I should ask it here, but I was reading Ice Dragon encyclopedia and found this line

Developing hatchlings make very cute and make high-pitched squealing sounds.

Is there some grammar mistake there? English is not my first language but I still find it somehow weird....