Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Another question, is it against the rules to post your own growing dragons view or lineage links in your own signature?

It's against the rules to post view links to growing dragons, be they your own or anyone else's. Posting lineage links should be okay.

Edited by ab613

It's against the rules to post view links to growing dragons, be they your own or anyone else's. Posting lineage links should be okay.

Ok, I used a lineage link. I've got an hour to see how many clicks I can get.

user posted image

What is unique breeds?

Unique breed refers to a specific species of dragon. Your total dragon count includes all of the dragons you own, but unique count refers to how many species are in your possession. To clarify further: let's say you own 10 dragons, 5 reds and 5 whites respectively. Your total dragon count would be 10, but your unique breed count be be only 2, because you own only 2 different kinds of dragons: white and red.

Edited by andromedae

Is this Vampire original CB or was the progeny(bitten by) wiped since it's from 2010? unsure.gif ~ Sorry, thought we could post view links of adult dragons from anybody ninja.gif

Edited by WoLfgIrLyS

Is this Vampire original CB or was the progeny(bitten by) wiped since it's from 2010? unsure.gif  ~Removed because not your dragon and there's a name on it~

Vampires were originally released on Halloween in 2008, so that's not an original vampire. Stuff before early 2010 was never imported, I guess, which is why there's no "lineage" of biting: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=107882

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Vampires were originally released on Halloween in 2008, so that's not an original vampire. Stuff before early 2010 was never imported, I guess, which is why there's no "lineage" of biting: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=107882

Thank you, it was the 4 digit code that confused me rolleyes.gif ~ would have been too good of a catch "kicks it back to AP"

"Only bite logs from after April 2010 are guaranteed to show up. Earlier vampires will have their logs show up at some point in the future when I get around to importing the data."

7 years have passed and still no update on that sad.gif

Can Xenos throw other Xeno types when bred to a Cave (no biome) parent? Or will the Xeno just produce its own type? I am at work & literally too busy to look this up.

How do breeding mechanics work for Pyralspites? Can breeding a pair of Almandines produce, say, a Pyrope or a Spessartine?

Can Xenos throw other Xeno types when bred to a Cave (no biome) parent? Or will the Xeno just produce its own type? I am at work & literally too busy to look this up.

from the wiki:

Situation 2: Xeno x Non-Xeno (Cave):

Outcome 1: the Xeno breeds its same variation

Outcome 2: you get an egg from the Non-Xeno breed

Outcome 3: you get a random egg from the other 5 Xeno variations

So, it is possible to get a random Xeno variant from a Cave parent.

--

How do breeding mechanics work for Pyralspites? Can breeding a pair of Almandines produce, say, a Pyrope or a Spessartine?

I'm fairly certain they only breed true.

Edited by ab613

ab613 is right. They will only breed true.

This is nothing super important, but does anyone remember the "Cave Cast" YouTube channel run by several in cave spriters a few years ago? I know they haven't uploaded in a very long time, but they appear to have been hacked, as all existing content was removed and Korean (I think) gaming videos have been uploaded instead.

As I said, not really super important overall but someone should poke the spriters who owned the account, as their security may be compromised or something sad.gif

This is nothing super important, but does anyone remember the "Cave Cast" YouTube channel run by several in cave spriters a few years ago? I know they haven't uploaded in a very long time, but they appear to have been hacked, as all existing content was removed and Korean (I think) gaming videos have been uploaded instead.

As I said, not really super important overall but someone should poke the spriters who owned the account, as their security may be compromised or something sad.gif

You're right. sad.gif The videos are gone from my DC playlist.

Does influence still have a chance of not working? I could have sworn I influenced something, but it came out the opposite gender. sleep.gif

Does influence still have a chance of not working? I could have sworn I influenced something, but it came out the opposite gender. sleep.gif

Have you checked your action log?

I think it does, but I'm not sure.

Yes - in my experience it is 99% effective - and the 1% failure rate is geared directly towards the ones that are VITAL.

https://dragcave.net/view/iJbJ2 sad.gif

The videos have been gone for a while, afaik. I'm not sure that was related to the forum's security hole - I've had a few friends abandon email accounts and such that later send me spam.

Dis was the one who hosted CC, but I haven't seen her in forever. I'm not even sure of a current way to contact her, tbh.

Unique breed refers to a specific species of dragon. Your total dragon count includes all of the dragons you own, but unique count refers to how many species are in your possession. To clarify further: let's say you own 10 dragons, 5 reds and 5 whites respectively. Your total dragon count would be 10, but your unique breed count be be only 2, because you own only 2 different kinds of dragons: white and red.

Do we know what counts as a unique breed and what doesn't? Like colour variants, alts, Dinos and Leetle Trees?

(By counting the dragon types as listed on the wiki I went over 200 xd.png )

Do we know what counts as a unique breed and what doesn't? Like colour variants, alts, Dinos and Leetle Trees?

(By counting the dragon types as listed on the wiki I went over 200 xd.png )

All I can tell you is 191 is the max number of unique breeds you can have at this time. I don't think colour variants count?

If the colour variant has its own Encyclopedia page, it counts.

Is it normal for the Precognition BSA when used on an egg below 3 days to still say "...but its future might still be influenced." rolleyes.gif