Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Not sure if I should ask it here, but I was reading Ice Dragon encyclopedia and found this line

Is there some grammar mistake there? English is not my first language but I still find it somehow weird....

Yes, there is; you could go report that. I don't believe I've seen it reported yet.

Each artist has different preferences for how you're allowed to use their sprites. The official permissions thread has info on who is comfortable with using unedited sprites in banners.

Thanks for the link!

You may use any non-edited sprites (except spriter alts, which you need to ask permissions for) in avatars/banners here on DCF. If you want to make and use them for another forum, you need to ask.

You may use non-edited general use DC sprites (cropping or changing the image size is allowed) on the DC forum without asking prior permission. However, please ask permission before using spriter alt sprites. Spriter alts are a special treat for the spriters and should be treated as such.

Yes, there is; you could go report that. I don't believe I've seen it reported yet.

Ooh thanks for clarifying! Great to know that my English isn't failing yet. And how should I report it? Like is there a report button or something?

And it's the third line in Hatchling Behaviour if anyone is looking for this mistake

Edited by IOU

I am literally going crazy here.

How do I put a dragon sprite in my signature. If I try to do it from the wiki, it's huge. If I try to do it from the website/encyclopedia, it flat out doesn't work.

I KNOW downloading them and uploading them somewhere else is a Bad. I'm at my wit's end.

I am literally going crazy here.

How do I put a dragon sprite in my signature. If I try to do it from the wiki, it's huge. If I try to do it from the website/encyclopedia, it flat out doesn't work.

I KNOW downloading them and uploading them somewhere else is a Bad. I'm at my wit's end.

For eggs and hatchlings: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=170522

For sprites from wikia, use "http" instead of "https".

Nvm, it fixed itself. That was still weird though. blink.gif

What's the cooldown for the kill action? I would like to start working on my zombie set again, but "several weeks" doesn't give me a very good idea of how long I need to wait :/

Question: does stun not prevent things from growing up?

I stunned a few hatchies at 11 PM on the 14th. I sent them to someone else today figuring they still had quite a few hours to go before they could grow up, but they matured almost instantly on their scroll, showing I had quite narrowly avoided a cliff there! I thought hatchies needed one last view to trigger adulthood, and thus couldn't mature until stun wore off?

I thought maybe it just wore off upon trading, but the wiki says that's not the case...

Halp D:

Stunned hatchies can still gain *clicks* so maybe that's enough for growing up?

Halp D:

Maybe ask in the Stun thread? You might find someone to do another test with there: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=175417

11th posted that the view count was going up after teleporting, although the extra days did not wear off, so it seems like I may need to ask and see if it was intended that all effects of stun but the time wear off when teleported. o.o

Yep. smile.gif It's not a common result though - they produce Arias most of the time and Pinks rarely.

Yep. smile.gif It's not a common result though - they produce Arias most of the time and Pinks rarely.

Cool. Thanks! smile.gif

How do lineage counter number work exactly?? I find it weird around thuwed dragons (and some prize too but I couldn't recall if I had the same problem with them)

like sometimes the thuwed are listed as G0

user posted image

and sometime else they are listed as G2

user posted image

regular dragons are fine and starting with G1, but it just gets kind of annoying around thuwded dragons...

I remember TJ saying somewhere that that vine alt is 2nd gen but with deleted parents or something

I remember TJ saying somewhere that that vine alt is 2nd gen but with deleted parents or something

It still showed up as G1 though, not G2 as in the lineage of its grandchildren

user posted image

EDIT:

user posted image

actually you're right...in the lineage of its child it shows up as G2... still confusing but thanks for explaining!

Edited by IOU

Is there a way to permanently mark posts as read for specific subforums?

Scroll to the bottom of the according subforum, click the "Mark this forum as read" link.

Only works until the next person posts, though.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I know we'll be getting a custom sort for dragons in groups, but what about sorting the groups themselves? Will we be getting a way to move them around on the list? Currently they appear in the drop-down in the order they're created.

Maybe I'm just planning too many groups but it would be awesome to have a way to sort them (holiday groups together, etc).

I was going to make this a suggestion but then I thought it might have already been answered elsewhere.

I know we'll be getting a custom sort for dragons in groups, but what about sorting the groups themselves? Will we be getting a way to move them around on the list? Currently they appear in the drop-down in the order they're created.

Maybe I'm just planning too many groups but it would be awesome to have a way to sort them (holiday groups together, etc).

I was going to make this a suggestion but then I thought it might have already been answered elsewhere.

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...0entry9492641

Adding the ability to custom-sort the groups list feels like a lot of overkill, but I have no problem with changing everything to order by name.

That's in a Suggestions thread you can go comment in.