Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Thanks guys. I guess I thought there would be more options, but no.

I don't think TJ really understands what users want from groups/ sorting. I really appreciate that he's trying though-- maybe over time it will be more useful.

Small question:

Why was EATW taken of the fan site list? Or rather why are they not allowed to advertise? I was confused when adding my eggs today to some hatcheries.

Thank you.

Small question:

Why was EATW taken of the fan site list? Or rather why are they not allowed to advertise? I was confused when adding my eggs today to some hatcheries.

Thank you.

Everything I've heard is second hand, so take with a grain of salt.

You know how the site keeps track of what eggs are low on views, what don't need views, etc? The creator did a lot of digging into how the site functions on a formulaic level to set that system up. I believe they then got banned for doing so and the site removed from having a thread on the forums accordingly.

Sure doesn't seem to stop it from being popular tongue.gif

Oh wow, I had no idea a site could be banned for being too good laugh.gif But I guess it makes sense.

Quick question, when breeding dragons, is there any difference between no interest and no egg produced?

This should answer your question: https://dragcave.net/help/actions#breed

I've always wished that was clarified more. Does a breed being "not compatible" mean RATIO-wise (ie a silver x gold pair will throw it a lot, because the odds of an egg from that pairing are poor), or INDIVIDUAL-wise? (ie Bob doesn't like Becky and never will much, better try finding new mates for them)

ETA: while I'm here, how long do inactive DR threads sit before they're deleted?

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I've always wished that was clarified more. Does a breed being "not compatible" mean RATIO-wise (ie a silver x gold pair will throw it a lot, because the odds of an egg from that pairing are poor), or INDIVIDUAL-wise? (ie Bob doesn't like Becky and never will much, better try finding new mates for them)

ETA: while I'm here, how long do inactive DR threads sit before they're deleted?

I think it means what it says. I think you're thinking about it too hard. =p

“The dragons don’t really show much interest in each other.”—The dragons are compatible, but are not a very good pairing. Note that there is a “spectrum” of compatibility; most pairings will occasionally show no interest, but it might occur more frequently for some pairs than others.

“You attempt to breed the two dragons, but no egg is produced.”—The breeding was not successful. You should try again after seven days.

This implies to me that, no matter the ratios, "don't show much interest" means the pair isn't very compatible. So even if it's two rares, they're less likely to ever produce an egg than two rares who give the "no egg is produced" message (more? more often? I don't track if the breeding messages ever vary that much with partners, tbh).

Just my take on it, though.

Re:DR: Can't really give a solid answer on this right now due to all the updates and changes. Basic explanation:

1) It used to be a year, but once DR started getting to a reasonable size, I stopped deleting and started just closing threads.

2) With the CL move, I might hold off on closing for a little more (was closing on a monthly basis for year old stuff) to give people more time to see the dump happened and recover stuff without having to ask around to get it unlocked. And,

3) With the temporary closure of DR, we may instate a shorter period for inactivity. I originally went with a year because there were legitimately topics that would go for eight months with no bump, then the OP would be like "oh yeah, I'm still alive".

So right now, the answer is "forever" but that does a disservice to what's actually occurring in DR. xP

I think I don't like what it probably means and am thus grasping at alternatives xd.png

Thanks for the DR answer! I was curious if any of the revived threads that, uh, didn't actually revive were all going to vanish in droves. Guess that remains to be seen in future!

Everything I've heard is second hand, so take with a grain of salt.

You know how the site keeps track of what eggs are low on views, what don't need views, etc? The creator did a lot of digging into how the site functions on a formulaic level to set that system up. I believe they then got banned for doing so and the site removed from having a thread on the forums accordingly.

To add to that, I was here the day the owner, when told by TJ to stick to the rules, said they could do anything they liked as they weren't in the US, and would sue TJ if he tried to prevent that.

TJ posted "Try me" and locked the thread.

I think plain discourtesy also came into it.

To add to that, I was here the day the owner, when told by TJ to stick to the rules, said they could do anything they liked as they weren't in the US, and would sue TJ if he tried to prevent that.

TJ posted "Try me" and locked the thread.

I think plain discourtesy also came into it.

Wait, really?

Does that thread still exist?

Nope, it was removed pretty much instantly. Blatant announcement of TOS violation? Not a strategy for long living publicity.

Nope, it was removed pretty much instantly. Blatant announcement of TOS violation? Not a strategy for long living publicity.

True, huh.

I actually had no idea this was why eatw was banned from forums.

Well, you learn something new everyday.

Edit:

I found this when I was trying to send a PM to someone, and this was at the top

The following errors were found

This message can not be sent because the recipient does not have permission to use the personal messenger.

This personal message has not been sent

What does this mean?

Edited by pollyfirstfirst

I found this when I was trying to send a PM to someone, and this was at the top

The following errors were found

This message can not be sent because the recipient does not have permission to use the personal messenger.

This personal message has not been sent

What does this mean?

They probably haven't verified their account's associated email address yet - this may also happen if they changed it to a new one.

True, huh.

I actually had no idea this was why eatw was banned from forums.

Well, you learn something new everyday.

Wait, EATW is banned from the forums? Are we still allowed to use it, or is that a violation too?

Wait, EATW is banned from the forums? Are we still allowed to use it, or is that a violation too?

We can still use it. It's even listed in the active fansites section. smile.gif

Edit: Err, or it was until recently. But yah it's fine to use.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Hey, two questions technically: 1. is there a way to change the progeny viewer back to the old settings, since this current one is really terrible and looks really awful imo? Is that a thing? And 2: how do I make my stats visible to others? How do I make my groups visible to others on my page?

Hey, two questions technically: 1. is there a way to change the progeny viewer back to the old settings, since this current one is really terrible and looks really awful imo? Is that a thing? And 2: how do I make my stats visible to others? How do I make my groups visible to others on my page?

Unfortunately no. TJ asked we wait a week before giving suggestions to change it to see if it was just reactionary dislike, so I'm planning to do that. It's really untidy and not very helpful.

I don't know about stats, but when making or editing a group there's an option to set it to featured so it links at the top of your scroll.

You can't, with the stats.

For the groups, select 'Highlight' as the option when you create or edit it.

Did... did the font on the forum change or is that my tired eyes?

How many freeze slots do you get for a platinum trophy?

18, might be 19.

"Freeze

Permanently prevent the hatchling from maturing into an adult. (You can use this action 18 more times before you must wait for a few weeks)."

Edited by Lagie

Is there any way to switch back to the old progeny view format? You know, the one that wasn't terrible?

I see absolutely no reason, rather than list all children by one parent under the same heading, to put their father's name under the names of all the progeny. It's clunky and I really don't like looking at it. I'll put up with it if there's no way to fix it, but does anyone know if there IS a way to fix it?