Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Will there be Snow Dragon spriter's alts?

I know they have been mentioned, but it's been a while since Christmas and they still aren't alted?

Does it normally take this long? Because the Witchlights were alted quite quickly...

Sometimes the alt takes longer, whatever that might depend upon.

@fuzz: sorry, forgot to adjust for that daylight savings nonsense smile.gif

Zombie-making question -

If a dragon avoids your blade, will it be possible to kill it some time in the future? Or will it always avoid?

EDIT - Thanks InugamiZERO and Rainbowlight smile.gif

Edited by Laura-Borealis

Well you can try again tomorrow if the dragon dodged the blade, and let's play the luck game again.

Of course the dragon can still dodge again but not all the time.

Zombie-making question -

If a dragon avoids your blade, will it be possible to kill it some time in the future? Or will it always avoid?

you have to wait 24 hours then you have a chance of killing it again, if you try before 24 hours pass it will always dodge

I thought that dragons who bred successfully with a mate would not refuse that mate in the future.

just had that happen with a Rosegud/Tan RW pair who had produced eggs. NOT PLEASED I am! What's the deal?

eta - typefail

Edited by oddsoxdi

Breeding during the holiday rush doesn't guarantee success outside of holidays. If it's their first outside-holiday breeding, always use Fertility.

I put an incubated 4d 0h Fire Gem egg into several ERs, got distracted, came back to a sick 7d hatchling with 4638 OV / 650 UV / 1 click.

What amount of panic is appropriate? unsure.gif

I wouldn't panic too much assuming you hide the hatchling the moment you noticed it was sick. If you haven't already hid the hatchling, hide it until it's no longer sick. It might also help to remove your eggs and hatchlings from some of the hatcheries and only keep them in 1 or 2 hatcheries at a time.

Thank you w5aw5. I hid it immediately when I noticed, but I don't know how long it had been sick already because I had lost track of time. And I don't really have experience with sickness of hatchlings.

It would just be so bad to lose it; it's a Z code... :-/

(I used to set a phone alarm to 3 minutes whenever I put an egg of a stubborn breed into ERs so I wouldn't forget to check on it. I guess I should do that again. rolleyes.gif )

Edit:

At 6d 20h the sickness is gone. smile.gif Whew. (Still keeping it hidden so it doesn't get sick again.)

Edited by Confused Cat

Okay then, I'm confused. Is the url for Eggs Around the World still dc.makegames.de/views.html ? I've been getting a 404 Error message for the last two days. Just tried going there with three different proxy servers and still got 404 Error. Am I at the wrong address?

Okay then, I'm confused. Is the url for Eggs Around the World still dc.makegames.de/views.html ? I've been getting a 404 Error message for the last two days. Just tried going there with three different proxy servers and still got 404 Error. Am I at the wrong address?

try here

try here

Thank you for this! For the longest time it was hit or miss whether the old link I had bookmarked would work or not. And since they don't have a thread in the click site threads I couldn't ask what was up.

For a long time the old one led to the new one. I think it doesn't any more.

Anyone else getting a tombstone on all dragcave pages with the message "An error has occurred."?

I am!

And had several reports on the DC facebook group I'm in too.

Anyone else getting a tombstone on all dragcave pages with the message "An error has occurred."?

I am too. Was just about to ask this.

For the record, I'm on mobile Google Chrome (Android OS) and it works, in case it helps any with figuring out the problem. (Was talking to one affected user on Chatzy, figured I'd drop in.)

I have some Holiday breeding related questions, I have never bred during a Holiday before but I want to do it for these next ones. I know it's really early to ask lol.

I did check the FAQ and it did answer one of my questions (whether refusals could happen (they can't)) but I still have these:

1) If I don't use Fertility and breed two Halloweens together during the Halloween breeding week, is it still possible to get "No interest" since it is not a refusal?

2) Do successful breedings between two Holidays during their breeding week always result in 4 eggs or can it be anything from 0 - 4?

3) Is breeding a breedable holiday (Like a Halloween during it's breeding week) against a not currently breedable holiday (like a Valentine during October) a good idea to maximise the number of that Halloween's species' egg I can get or will something weird happen

1) I think so.

2) Anything from 0 to 4 eggs.

3) It's really the same as pairing a Holiday with another breed that isn't from the same holiday (ex: Silver x Snow Angel, Snow Angel x Heartseeker). Same holiday results in a mix of the two breeds' eggs (ex: Val 09 x Heartseeker).

1) I think so.

2) Anything from 0 to 4 eggs.

3) It's really the same as pairing a Holiday with another breed that isn't from the same holiday (ex: Silver x Snow Angel, Snow Angel x Heartseeker). Same holiday results in a mix of the two breeds' eggs (ex: Val 09 x Heartseeker).

Just to add:

1 and 2 - the only known cases of no eggs from a holiday were in the first few minutes of breeding - therefore could have been before breeding was officially switched on - and I think a few rare cases during a Halloween a few years ago. We never got official word, but I do believe this was a bug. Either no eggs aren't supposed to happen or are an incredibly rare occurrence. I never bother with fertility for holiday pairs and have never gotten no eggs.

For 3 - it doesn't really matter, I have not ever seen a mixed holiday/non-holiday clutch. You can breed to whatever you want. If you breed two in season holidays than the clutch can be a mix of both species, but otherwise, you should only get holiday dragons, no commons or other surprises. The biggest surprise is when you get only one egg, imo. =p

Just to add:

1 and 2 - the only known cases of no eggs from a holiday were in the first few minutes of breeding - therefore could have been before breeding was officially switched on - and I think a few rare cases during a Halloween a few years ago. We never got official word, but I do believe this was a bug. Either no eggs aren't supposed to happen or are an incredibly rare occurrence. I never bother with fertility for holiday pairs and have never gotten no eggs.

For 3 - it doesn't really matter, I have not ever seen a mixed holiday/non-holiday clutch. You can breed to whatever you want. If you breed two in season holidays than the clutch can be a mix of both species, but otherwise, you should only get holiday dragons, no commons or other surprises. The biggest surprise is when you get only one egg, imo. =p

Thank you for that. I really had no clue you couldn't get holiday/non holiday mixes! I thought those were what I was going to have to deal with, haha

I have some Holiday breeding related questions, I have never bred during a Holiday before but I want to do it for these next ones. I know it's really early to ask lol.

I did check the FAQ and it did answer one of my questions (whether refusals could happen (they can't)) but I still have these:

1) If I don't use Fertility and breed two Halloweens together during the Halloween breeding week, is it still possible to get "No interest" since it is not a refusal?

2) Do successful breedings between two Holidays during their breeding week always result in 4 eggs or can it be anything from 0 - 4?

3) Is breeding a breedable holiday (Like a Halloween during it's breeding week) against a not currently breedable holiday (like a Valentine during October) a good idea to maximise the number of that Halloween's species' egg I can get or will something weird happen

1-Holidays will always make at least one egg during their breeding week. Refusals/No Interest/No Egg is turned off.

2-It doesn't always result in four, but you will get at least one egg.

3-It won't matter what you pair the holiday dragon with during its window, you will only get the holiday breed eggs.

You're welcome! smile.gif

And totally ninja.gif'd by Sock! laugh.gif

Edited by prpldrgnfr

Just to add:

I have a CB 09 Valentine who did not produce an egg her first available year. It was well into breeding time so I think it's just her. She is a very poor breeder in general though. Only twice has she produced over 2 eggs.

Can anyone confirm whether we can keep the egg from The Dragon Dilemma or not?