Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

My understanding is that TJ has to manually implement altness for each individual alt dragon. So the spriters give him a list of the dragons they'd like turned into alts, and he does it whenever he gets around to it. This means things like 2gs can be alts too, but it also means it can take awhile for things to get their alt status.

but the 2g belongs to a different person. did the person who owns the cb ask for the 2g to be an alt? or did the person who has the 2g ask for it to be an alt?

but the 2g belongs to a different person. did the person who owns the cb ask for the 2g to be an alt? or did the person who has the 2g ask for it to be an alt?

That 2g actually belongs to the Spriter (Look at the bottom of the Pumpkin's page: marrionetta is one of their spriters). The parents are owned by someone else.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

The 2G belongs to the spriter of the Pumpkin, Marionetta. So she is the one who would have asked that the 2G be an alt. ninja.gif

Edited by purplehaze

The 2g does not belong to a different person. Both the CBs and the 2gs belong to Marrionetta, who sprited the Pumpkins.

CB #1

CB #2

2g #1

2g #2

I think CellyBean meant that the CB that bred the 2G belonged to someone different than the SA 2G. It belongs to kallistrate.

I think CellyBean meant that the CB that bred the 2G belonged to someone different than the SA 2G. It belongs to kallistrate.

Oh, that makes sense. Yeah, that would be Marrionetta asking for the alting then.

Keeping things on-topic, it looks like spriters may be able to have things excluded from altness as well, likely just by not asking for them to be alted: http://dragcave.net/lineage/OjQS vs http://dragcave.net/lineage/NB54G

Marri's pumpkins are a special case as they did not have an alt form until several years after their release. Similarly, Snow Angels are the only spriter alts hard coded to the users' scrolls - any snow angel that grows on a snow angel spriter's scroll will grow up an alt.

Is there a thread for general feedback for DC? Just want to thank The Bossman that we can now see the generation of our dragons. Just at the top in lineage view there it the number of the generation. cool.gif

Edited by Tigerkralle

Is there a thread for general feedback for DC? Just want to thank The Bossman that we can now see the generation of our dragons. Just at the top in lineage view there it the number of the generation. cool.gif

I'm not seeing that. ohmy.gif

Cave feedback: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=119899

You can also comment in the thread he posted about it: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=9264653

I'm not seeing that.  ohmy.gif

I believe the encyclopedia beta was the first use of TJ testing new features on a randomly selected 1% of users. I'm guessing that's why Tigerkralle can see this but you don't. ^^

I switched yesterday for a brief moment to default skin and the new feature is also there.

user posted image

Small question about dragons that have different colors;

So, when you breed two Red Dorsals, there's a chance the egg will be a Purple Dorsal; same with Ridgewings and Gemshards. Does that same rule apply to Pyralspites and Two-Headed Lindwurms?

Small question about dragons that have different colors;

So, when you breed two Red Dorsals, there's a chance the egg will be a Purple Dorsal; same with Ridgewings and Gemshards. Does that same rule apply to Pyralspites and Two-Headed Lindwurms?

No, if you breed two Pyralspites or two Lindwurms of the same color their offspring will always be the parents' color.

I switched yesterday for a brief moment to default skin and the new feature is also there.

user posted image

I'm not seeing it either.

I tried changing different skins and I still couldn't see it.

I'm not seeing it either.

I tried changing different skins and I still couldn't see it.

I believe the encyclopedia beta was the first use of TJ testing new features on a randomly selected 1% of users. I'm guessing that's why Tigerkralle can see this but you don't. ^^

So i am pleased to see this feature on my scroll and i really hope that this will be available to all of us. Now i know at first sight which generation my dragon is.

No, if you breed two Pyralspites or two Lindwurms of the same color their offspring will always be the parents' color.

Aren't there cases of two purple lindwyrms breeding greens?

Aren't there cases of two purple lindwyrms breeding greens?

If there are I've never seen one, but I won't say it's not possible.

Edited by purplehaze

Correct me if I am wrong but names can now be used by anyone (Say I use Valdez for one, someone else can also use that name) and names don't get lost after 2 months inactivity? I am considering going on a naming spree at some point and some I want to fix from when no two dragons could share names.

Correct me if I am wrong but names can now be used by anyone (Say I use Valdez for one, someone else can also use that name) and names don't get lost after 2 months inactivity? I am considering going on a naming spree at some point and some I want to fix from when no two dragons could share names.

No, sorry but dragon names still must be unique. I just tested it to be sure it hadn't just changed by trying to name one of my hatchlings Leeanne, after one of your Splits. wink.gif But you are right about dragons no longer losing their names due to inactivity.

Unless this is something that only a few users have at this time, names are still unique. I just attempted to rename one of mine "Valdez" and got the same "the ink disappears" message that I've always gotten for a taken name.

user posted image

seeing how it says "Names must be unique" I'm assuming this is not a change that has been made.

It is true they don't get lost though.

So once a name is taken, it can't be used by anyone else even after two months of inactivity? :0 That's a bit sad in a way.