Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Is the Blue winged Solstice added in the dragon encyclopedia yet?

It'll be added soon enough. Not really sure when it'll be added

Fixed the blurred image by viewing other dragons, kinda weird since I did have dragons not fully unlocked but showing an image but oh well. Thanks for the help!

Who does the egg illustrations(not the pixel sprites) for the new releases? I assume the adult concept arts are optionally done by the artists who created the dragons, but the eggs' art style seems to be consistent.

About how many hours out are we from the 21st in the AP? All of the eggs are at the 20th right now.

How do freezes regenerate? I know the help page said 10+2/trophy per 2 weeks but is it:

A. Need to use up 12 then wait 2 weeks for another 12

or

B. Don't need to use up 12, get twelve every two weeks since scroll starts

or

C. 12/2weeks regenerates slowly at that rate and cap at 12 (or 14 or 16)? example: if I get silver, 14 freezes per two weeks, if I use one, in 24 hrs I get another freeze added since 14 freeze/14days?

I asked my mentor, they were not sure about it.

Edited by Yukimura_Ai

How do freezes regenerate? I know the help page said 10+2/trophy per 2 weeks but is it:

A. Need to use up 12 then wait 2 weeks for another 12

or

B. Don't need to use up 12, get twelve every two weeks since scroll starts

or

C. 12/2weeks regenerates slowly at that rate and cap at 12 (or 14 or 16)? example: if I get silver, 14 freezes per two weeks, if I use one, in 24 hrs I get another freeze added since 14 freeze/14days?

I asked my mentor, they were not sure about it.

Freezes regenerate after a CD-period individually (like BSAs),

so if you use a freeze now while you have a gold trophy your counter goes down from 16 (10 + 3x2) to 15. Then you don't use another freeze for 3 days, when you use your second your counter goes down to 14. Once the CD for the first freeze is over your counter goes up to 15 and 3 days later up to 16 (if you don't use any other freezes). Freezes NEVER go over your max of 16.

Just for your information, as far as I know the 14 day CD is outdated and freezes come back after 7 days now - at least that happened a while ago and I never saw anyone reporting it going back to 14 days.

i hope that helped smile.gif

Each freeze slot has its individual cooldown, so if you freeze one hatchie per day for a whole week, the next week you'll re-gain one freeze slot per day.

(Yes, it's only 1 week, the help page is a tad outdated.)

Oh, been ninja'd ninja.giflaugh.gif

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Each freeze slot has its individual cooldown, so if you freeze one hatchie per day for a whole week, the next week you'll re-gain one freeze slot per day.

Oh, been ninja'd  ninja.giflaugh.gif

Thank you herk and ruby eyes!!! I am gonna restate to see if what I understand is what you guys are saying smile.gif

- Each Freeze slot has a 1 week cool down period.

Example: 12 freeze slots: abcdefghijkl

Day 1 I freeze 3 dragons: slot abc in cool down.

Day 2 I freeze 4 dragons: slot defg in cool down.

Day 3 I freeze 5 dragons: slot hijkl in cool down.

Day 8 Slot abc returns I have 3 freeze chance

By day 10 I should get all 12 back.

Hope that is right.

Edited by Yukimura_Ai

Thank you herk and ruby eyes!!! I am gonna restate to see if what I understand is what you guys are saying smile.gif

- Each Freeze slot has a 1 week cool down period.

Example: 12 freeze slots: abcdefghijkl

Day 1 I freeze 3 dragons: slot abc in cool down.

Day 2 I freeze 4 dragons: slot defg in cool down.

Day 3 I freeze 5 dragons: slot hijkl in cool down.

Day 8 Slot abc returns I have 3 freeze chance

By day 10 I should get all 12 back.

Hope that is right.

Indeed it is smile.gif

Oh, been ninja'd ninja.giflaugh.gif

Are you guys SURE its just 7 days? I ask because:

I killed 5 on the 14th:

http://dragcave.net/view/hFCT7

Killed (hFCT7). Aug 14, 2016, 10:34 pm

Killed (322PW). Aug 14, 2016, 10:33 pm

Killed (310CD). Aug 14, 2016, 10:32 pm

Killed (kRRDB). Aug 14, 2016, 10:31 pm

Killed (GMQn1). Aug 14, 2016, 10:29 pm

Its been 9 days and I still have no kill slots... so it certainly seems to *me* to be 14 days still.

Cheers!

C4.

Are you guys SURE its just 7 days? I ask because:

I killed 5 on the 14th:

http://dragcave.net/view/hFCT7

Killed (hFCT7). Aug 14, 2016, 10:34 pm

Killed (322PW). Aug 14, 2016, 10:33 pm

Killed (310CD). Aug 14, 2016, 10:32 pm

Killed (kRRDB). Aug 14, 2016, 10:31 pm

Killed (GMQn1). Aug 14, 2016, 10:29 pm

Its been 9 days and I still have no kill slots... so it certainly seems to *me* to be 14 days still.

Cheers!

C4.

kill vs freeze - cyradis wink.gif

kill vs freeze - cyradis wink.gif

Ack! *headdesk* knew I was missing something.

Cheers!

C4.

Who does the egg illustrations(not the pixel sprites) for the new releases? I assume the adult concept arts are optionally done by the artists who created the dragons, but the eggs' art style seems to be consistent.

Most concepts now include the egg. All original eggs were done by TJ09 and every dragon still uses that template.

Edit: the banners in the news? I would assume TJ but not sure.

Edited by DragonLady86

Most concepts now include the egg. All original eggs were done by TJ09 and every dragon still uses that template.

Edit: the banners in the news? I would TJ but not sure.

Yes, the eggs in the news banner. smile.gif

question about how views work. You give a dragon a view by going to it's specific page, right? So, for instance, if I just went to someone's scroll and looked around, but didn't click anything, that wouldn't give views, correct?

question about how views work. You give a dragon a view by going to it's specific page, right? So, for instance, if I just went to someone's scroll and looked around, but didn't click anything, that wouldn't give views, correct?

From the FAQ: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=48

Q: What are clicks, views, and unique views?

A: Views, unique views, and clicks are statistics that determine if your egg will hatch and if your hatchling will grow. Views are accumulated every time someone views the actual image of your egg/hatchling/adult. Unique views are obtained in the same way as views, except only one unique view is given per egg per IP/person. A "click" occurs when someone clicks on your egg in your signature or wherever you place it, and views the page that contains all of the information about your creature. Just like unique views, clicks are only given once per IP/person. It is possible to raise a dragon with zero clicks, although clicks contribute significantly more to a dragon's growth than views or unique views, so raising dragons without any clicks may be more challenging.

So yes, you give a view by: viewing someone's scroll or by viewing a fansite/forum they have entered their dragon into. Unless you click that image and get led to the dragon's /view/ page, then you are only giving a unique view and view(s). If you click the /view/ link, then that should give the dragon a click.

Is anyone else seeing that Firestone logo popping up when you view a dragon?

Are you talking about an ad? A popup ad? A misplaced image? I'm not seeing what you're talking about.

Try clearing your cache? Do a scan for malware? Clear your cookies/restart your browser?

Is anyone else seeing that Firestone logo popping up when you view a dragon?

I have seen it a couple of times when viewing different pages.

@Sock - it is just the red Firestone logo and it appears about where the banner ads at the bottom of the page would be, except it is all the way to the left of that space and has nothing else with it. I didn't hover to see if it is linked. I sort of figured it was just an ad displaying wrong. I don't get it all the time. It just seems to be in the rotation of ads.

Edited by purplehaze

I have seen it a couple of times when viewing different pages.

@Sock - it is just the red Firestone logo and it appears about where the banner ads at the bottom of the page would be, except it is all the way to the left of that space and has nothing else with it. I didn't hover to see if it is linked. I sort of figured it was just an ad displaying wrong. I don't get it all the time. It just seems to be in the rotation of ads.

Hmm, weird. o.o Maybe I should have tried a couple more refreshes before giving up. =p

It does sound like an ad displaying wrong - for whatever reason.

So I grabbed this egg in the AP as low time, hatched it, waited for it to gender to freeze- it gendered Male. Froze, I think very recent after it gendered, as a couple minutes before on the custom sort screen it didn't have the gendered sprite, just S1.

Now, I review my hatchies and it's just a frozen S1, instead of the male that it was. I am 99% positive it was male when I froze it. Action log and it now shows just an S1.

Did DC need the hour restart or so like it sometimes does, or what? Even then, I think it would have just shown up as unfrozen and ungendered, right?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/MhZrJ

---

Not a huge problem, I'll just find another daydream to freeze as a male. Just wondering where the error is....

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

Are the time eggs rare? And can they only be found in the alpine?

They seem somewhat less common than the others, but I still see them fairly often on the 5 minute shuffles. I doubt they are true rares.

They are in Alpine and Forest.

Edited by purplehaze

Are the time eggs rare? And can they only be found in the alpine?

Not sure about the rarity. But they can be found in the Alpine and Forest smile.gif