Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I have not once, since I have been here, seen anybody laughed at or mocked for their art skill. So many of us are 1) there to improve, and 2) have drastically improved thanks to DR. We're there to continue to improve and give back.

If someone doesn't understand what is going on in your sketch, they'll ask if you can describe it a bit with words.

That too. I can't wait to see the dragon tho smile.gif

Do I need to observe daytime Spirit Ward hatchlings to unlock the images? I raised two Spirit Wards to Adulthood and every s2 hatchling image was unlocked except for the daytime hatchlings:

user posted image

Do I need to observe daytime Spirit Ward hatchlings to unlock the images? I raised two Spirit Wards to Adulthood and every s2 hatchling image was unlocked except for the daytime hatchlings:

user posted image

That could be a possibility, what does it say on how many you need to observe/raise?

Do I need to observe daytime Spirit Ward hatchlings to unlock the images?

Yes, that would help.

Hi.

Not sure where to post this (here or in its own thread or somewhere else), please forgive me if this is the wrong spot.

So I have some artistic ability and I really like a few of the dragon concepts being thrown around. I would like to help sprite some folks' ideas, but I'm not sure where to start.

I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 (I believe), but I was wondering if someone could tell me (or PM me, or something) how to pixel/sprite/etc?

Sorry if this is a little confusing, I'm terribly tired.

Thank you.

Hi.

Not sure where to post this (here or in its own thread or somewhere else), please forgive me if this is the wrong spot.

So I have some artistic ability and I really like a few of the dragon concepts being thrown around. I would like to help sprite some folks' ideas, but I'm not sure where to start.

I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 (I believe), but I was wondering if someone could tell me (or PM me, or something) how to pixel/sprite/etc?

Sorry if this is a little confusing, I'm terribly tired.

Thank you.

There's a whole thing of in the Dragon Request Page or if you just want to skip all the way down to The Spriting Tutorial is extremely helpful. They have links and stuff on how to sprite

Hey so I have an idea for a dragon, but I am unsure if I have to message Sockpuppet Strangler or just post in the ideas board?

Post in DR. It won't be visibke till some mod approves it though. If you get rejected, a mod will PM you with ideas on how you change it to be approved and hopefully a copy of your OP.

Post in DR. It won't be visibke till some mod approves it though. If you get rejected, a mod will PM you with ideas on how you change it to be approved and hopefully a copy of your OP.

Thank you!

What Dusky suggested. If it gets rejected, they'll send you a PM saying what it can be improved on and they'll send you a copy of the dragon you requested. What the overall dragon is the basic anatomy of what the dragon looks like and all that basic info. All of that could be found in the link I posted earlier

Hey so I have an idea for a dragon, but I am unsure if I have to message Sockpuppet Strangler or just post in the ideas board?

You never have to ask to post (in Trades, if you post a new thread without asking mods first, it is simply closed until mods discuss it - you don't get in trouble or anything). The offer is just there, specifically in DR, in case you want to double check or have a question or just want to make sure you won't have to submit the topic more than once before approval (ie if it gets rejected).

I'm thinking the answer is probably no - but if you just caught a CB egg and you incubate it right after, does that mean you can teleport it now, without waiting for the cool down to be over?

Edited by andromedae

I'm thinking the answer is probably no - but if you just caught a CB egg and you incubate it right after, does that mean you can teleport it now, without waiting for the cool down to be over?

Incubate does not change how long an egg is alive, which is why incubating a new egg does not make it less susceptible to sickness and does not erase the cooldown you have to wait before abandoning/teleporting. So you are correct, the answer is no. ^^

Incubate does not change how long an egg is alive, which is why incubating a new egg does not make it less susceptible to sickness and does not erase the cooldown you have to wait before abandoning/teleporting. So you are correct, the answer is no. ^^

Good to know! Thank you smile.gif

Bolt dragon's encyclopedia page has 2 sets of sprites- I haven't got the adults unlocked so not sure if this is a glitch or are there alt adult sprites?? o__0

Yes there is another adult, one with electricity surrounding it. The electricity is caused by BSA Stun being on cooldown.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Here you go!

It's not dimorphism, and I'm pretty sure that a dragon that's cooling down from stun gets lightning around it, as shown in the below picture.

user posted image

This is pretty cool! tongue.gif

It shows up much better on a darker background.

Edited by purplehaze

Are Spriter's Alt hatchlings immune to sickness(or get sick but do not die, like TJ's Thuweds)? I've only seen adults so far so I'm not sure, but I'm guessing yes because they'll probably get viewbombed by everyone who wants to look at the different colouration.

Are Spriter's Alt hatchlings immune to sickness(or get sick but do not die, like TJ's Thuweds)? I've only seen adults so far so I'm not sure, but I'm guessing yes because they'll probably get viewbombed by everyone who wants to look at the different colouration.

No, I don't believe they are protected.

As the owner of one of the Mutamore sets of Spriter Alts.... I can tell you that I wasn't taking the chance, first off.

And second off... Its ridiculously hard to kill a hatchie that's been a hatchie for more than a few hours. In fact..... It took a brutal effort just for me to kill several of my own hatchies (for Zombie attempts), and I only succeeded with incubated eggs just after they hatched.

The successful Zombie attempt: http://dragcave.net/view/dybJP (yep.... 15k views and 1k UVs).

I have an adult with truly ridiculous views that I failed to view-bomb to death, who was sick from shortly after hatching to adult-hood and didn't die. Sadly... I can't find it right now (7k+ dragons) and the stats on Allure aren't popping up.

Basically.... it takes a ton of effort and planning to successfully view-bomb a *hatchie*. You can easily kill a fresh egg, or even a day old egg, but once you hit 2 days-after-creation it gets really hard (the earliest you can hatch) and 3 days after creation it becomes nearly impossible due to the view-UV ratio cap.

And third off.... 99% of the time.... TJ does not get the alt coloration into the system until the alts are adult / already frozen. It took over a year for one of the Christmas breeds, and several months for the Mutamores.

So in summation... Whether or not they are protected, a bit of caution (hiding scroll / fogging) and understanding how sickness works keeps them well out of danger, which coupled with the fact that they often don't get their alt coloration as hatchies means they don't usually come to grief.

Cheers!

C4.

Ah, thanks!

And third off.... 99% of the time.... TJ does not get the alt coloration into the system until the alts are adult / already frozen. It took over a year for one of the Christmas breeds, and several months for the Mutamores.

I don't quite understand this part, though. Do you mean that the dragon's didn't become alts for several months after adulthood?

Ah, thanks!

I don't quite understand this part, though. Do you mean that the dragon's didn't become alts for several months after adulthood?

Yes, many times they color normally at first and then TJ waves his magic wand later and changes them. wink.gif

Ah, thanks!

My understanding is that TJ has to manually implement altness for each individual alt dragon. So the spriters give him a list of the dragons they'd like turned into alts, and he does it whenever he gets around to it. This means things like 2gs can be alts too, but it also means it can take awhile for things to get their alt status.