Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Do i have to unlock the images for all viriations of the Pyralspites to see a link to the encyclopedia?

Let's say i don't have unlocked the Almandine hatchlings i am pretty sure if i have unlocked the hatchlings for Spessartine and Pyrope Pyralspites i should see a link to the encyclopedia if i am on the view page of a Pyrope hatchling.

I have fully unlocked Pyrope and Speassartine and actually two growing hatchlings one Pyrope and one Spessartine there are no links to the encyclopedia.

It would be very illogical to have to first unlock the images for Almandine to be able to see links for Pyrope and Spessartine.

Edited by Tigerkralle

Do i have to unlock the images for all viriations of the Pyralspites to see a link to the encyclopedia?

Let's say i don't have unlocked the Almandine hatchlings i am pretty sure if i have unlocked the hatchlings for Spessartine and Pyrope Pyralspites i should see a link to the encyclopedia if i am on the view page of a Pyrope hatchling.

I have fully unlocked Pyrope and Speassartine and actually two growing hatchlings one Pyrope and one Spessartine there are no links to the encyclopedia.

It would be very illogical to have to first unlock the images for Almandine to be able to see links for Pyrope and Spessartine.

I think it is a glitch. It was mentioned on the second page of this thread https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=175434&st=20

Which has unexpectedly been locked but presumably TJ knows and is working on it.

I am asking if it is only me and maybe we will find other breeds and stages without links to the encyclopedia and could collect this informations if so desired.

The last post from a user there is from me with screenshots about the missing links for Pyralspites. wink.gif

Edited by Tigerkralle

I am asking if it is only me and maybe we will find other breeds and stages without links to the encyclopedia and could collect this informations if so desired.

The last post from a user there is from me with screenshots about the missing links for Pyralspites. wink.gif

Opps. can't answer that though, I have all the images unlocked so I do have the link. ;/

Is it intended that a Bolt that is able again to use the stun action still sparkling?

user posted image

As you can see my first Bolt used the stun action once and is able to stun a hatchling again. We assumed the sparkling will stop when the action is ready to use from this dragon.

If it is intended that a Bold Dragon that had used its stun action at least once will have the sparkling for life this could be used for lineages and will made trading more complicated.

So we need more input from birdzgoboom and the bossman.

Edited by Tigerkralle

What does an IOU trade mean and why are they only allowed in PMs?

I owe you means you're trading with only one half of the trade completed.

Example: I send you my CB gold egg and trust that you're going to later send back the one of each egg you've offered for it.

They've caused a lot of bad feelings in the past when one person hasn't made the promised return trade (to follow my example, you don't send the eggs I'd asked for, or you leave the forums with the trade incomplete), so they're very much 'buyer beware' and not allowed in the threads due to this.

@Tigerkralle - I had no idea that Bolts sparkled! ohmy.gif

Edited by Lagie

@Tigerkralle - I had no idea that Bolts sparkled! ohmy.gif

Isn't that pretty?

Sadly if you have the default skin it doesn't show up as well. sad.gif

Isn't that pretty?

Then you also don't know that Frostbites have snowflakes around theirs freets and the tail.

Check out this post from me to have a look how beautiful Frostbites really are: My post in the screenshot thread

Then you also don't know that Frostbites have snowflakes around theirs freets and the tail.

Check out this post from me to have a look how beautiful Frostbites really are: My post in the screenshot thread

Wow! I had no idea!

Unlike xenowyrms, pyropes are all considered the same breed and listed on the same encyclopedia page, so I think it's working the only way it can work. I would hazard a guess that it's intended that you have to unlock all the sprites for all the variations before you can get the link.

Is it intended that a Bolt that is able again to use the stun action still sparkling?

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160803/z37wehux.png

As you can see my first Bolt used the stun action once and is able to stun a hatchling again. We assumed the sparkling will stop when the action is ready to use from this dragon.

If it is intended that a Bold Dragon that had used its stun action at least once will have the sparkling for life this could be used for lineages and will made trading more complicated.

I don't know what the intended behavior is, but I have reported it.

I owe you means you're trading with only one half of the trade completed.

Example: I send you my CB gold egg and trust that you're going to later send back the one of each egg you've offered for it.

They've caused a lot of bad feelings in the past when one person hasn't made the promised return trade (to follow my example, you don't send the eggs I'd asked for, or you leave the forums with the trade incomplete), so they're very much 'buyer beware' and not allowed in the threads due to this.

To add onto this a bit: we disallowed it in public forum/chat areas because there's nothing we mods can do if you get scammed or if the other person goes inactive before they fulfill their end of the IOU. One-way teleporting is the only way to IOU and it warns you that you're giving away without anything in return expected. So we have no recourse in addition to having no power in the cave to do anything about it. However, when IOUs were allowed on the board, we would often get reports of scammers and other issues.

I feel awful that people scam, but since we can't help, we decided to disallow it, making it more clear that IOUs are at your own risk. ^^

What skin are you using?

(is that what they're called?)

It's called the background and it can be changed in your user settings. I forget where tho :/

It's called the background and it can be changed in your user settings. I forget where tho :/

Account ---> Account Settings ---> Site Skin

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160803/z37wehux.png

I don't know what the intended behavior is, but I have reported it.

TJ addressed my report, and it looks like your bolt is now not sparking. Looks like we'll need to pay attention now and see how long the sparks last. o3o

It was supposed to expire when the action went off cooldown, and it'll start doing that soon-ish if it's not actually fixed in production already.

What skin are you using?

(is that what they're called?)

I am using an old skin that should not be available for you unfortunatly.

See this post about old skins: Officiall News Thread and in that first post is a link to the whole discussion about the skins. You should skim through that linked thread also.

I was so happy that i decided to join the forum and was aware that my favourite skin will be retired and only available for users who use it in the past.

Like you most users just don't know that you can change the skin. And so most people only use the default skin. That mades me sad. sad.gif

Check out Portal2 to have a mostly dark background and you will be amazed what else you will discover. ^^

@SockPuppet Strangler

But Undead Dragons also only have one page in the encyclopedia and for my only Undead Dragon i have a link to the encylopedia. And for the Gemshard hatchlings there also is only one page for Gemshards and i have a link to the encyclopedia from my only frozen Gemshard hatchling a Red one and i only have unlocked Red Gemshard hatchlings full and stage 1 for Green Gemshard hatchlings. So this is a problem in my eyes.

@TJ

Thank you! I will come back and report it again if i encouter another problem with my Bolts.

Edited by Tigerkralle

Isn't that pretty?

Actually, it does. It's just hard to notice since the "sparkles" blend into the scroll background. See here. (@mods: I'm posting a view link to my own sparkling adult since the effect is totally lost in lineage view.)