Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Try a hard refresh (Ctrl +f5 on PC). Some people have found that that works.

So I just bred a Gold egg for trade (yay), and in the "view", it looks like an older Gold egg, specifically, this one. On scroll and lineage view, it looks normal, the more "modern" sprite. I checked quite a bit, it's not just my eyes. Is anyone else experiencing this glitch?

Edit: It also looks like this when I view my Active Transfers/teleport page, but not the trade link itself.

Okay, Dusky_Flareon, I guess it's not just my scroll being weird, then. tongue.gif

Edited by Spiteful_Crow

So I just bred a Gold egg for trade (yay), and in the "view", it looks like an older Gold egg, specifically, this one. On scroll and lineage view, it looks normal, the more "modern" sprite. I checked quite a bit, it's not just my eyes. Is anyone else experiencing this glitch?

I am too.

Screenie links:

Scroll - https://m.imgur.com/2nzsxDe

View - https://m.imgur.com/dB9E5Wb

Lineage - https://m.imgur.com/AzRSgAi

Screenshots to a link to Gemshard Dragons from my frozen red Gemshard hatchling:

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160805/sw5e6lqp.png

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160805/2yqjziho.png

As you can see it is possible to get a working link if you don't unlock all colours. So where are my links to my Pyralspites?  xd.png

I'm personally more interested in why the hatchies have a link if adults don't. o_O

Do you have a link on a hatchie you don't have the sprite unlocked of?

Anybody else check their gems and see if they have links and tell me what they have unlocked. o.o

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Edit: It also looks like this when I view my Active Transfers/teleport page, but not the trade link itself.

Okay, Dusky_Flareon, I guess it's not just my scroll being weird, then. tongue.gif

It looks fine to me. Are you still having this issue?

As an observer of the Gold issue, I can say it's fixed now for me. Whether or not it is for Spiteful_Crow I don't know, but I was seeing the issue and it's fixed now.

I'm personally more interested in why the hatchies have a link if adults don't. o_O

Anybody else check their gems and see if they have links and tell me what they have unlocked. o.o

I have all unlocked except green hatchling stage 2.

Edited by Lagie

I have all unlocked except green hatchling stage 2.

And what about a link? Do you have one on hatchies/adults/both?

I have links on all three of my s1 hatchies, and no links on any of my adults.

I have no frozen s2 hatchies to check.

I have links on all three of my s1 hatchies, and no links on any of my adults.

I have no frozen s2 hatchies to check.

Thanks! I wonder why.

Added to my report.

Confirming that there are no encyclopedia links on any of my adult Gemshards, even though I have everything unlocked. I have no eggs or hatchies on my scroll at the moment, but a quick check of the fansites shows that I am seeing links on the egg and both hatchie stages.

Sorry if this sounds silly, but if the egg I offer for a 2-way teleport link hatches (the person on the other side of the trade creates the teleport link), I assume my offer won't be auto-canceled by the system?

Your offer will be autocanceled if it hatches or grows up. A trade or transfer will be cancelled entirely if an egg or hatchling in the trade or transfer that is leaving the scroll creating the trade hatches or grows up.

My hatchies all have links, but no adults do

i remember seeing a user looking for a m silver x f red finned tidal in their sig/profile/trade post but now i cant find them. does anybody have any idea on how this user might be?

i remember seeing a user looking for a m silver x f red finned tidal in their sig/profile/trade post but now i cant find them. does anybody have any idea on how this user might be?

The only way you can find them is by going through the posts you remember seeing the signature or by going through each individual member

I don't know them offhand, but you can try tossing a post in Random scroll help and missed connections and see if anyone else knows. I think you're more likely to get eyes on the question there than here.

I want to start working out the kinks of a Hybrid request, but have come across a tiny problem. Both dragons are really old and their Spriters haven't been on DC nor the Forums in years. Literally, years. One hasn't been on since 2011 and the other since 2014. Should I still shoot them a PM to get permission? Or... drop the concept all together? unsure.gif

I want to start working out the kinks of a Hybrid request, but have come across a tiny problem. Both dragons are really old and their Spriters haven't been on DC nor the Forums in years. Literally, years. One hasn't been on since 2011 and the other since 2014. Should I still shoot them a PM to get permission? Or... drop the concept all together? unsure.gif

Getting permissions for a hybrid is a courtesy, not a requirement. However, to be courteous, yeah, you should PM them. We have quite a few lurkers on this forum who respond to PMs far more than they post. You never know if someone you're trying to contact is one of those lurkers or is actually gone from the forum.

Getting permissions for a hybrid is a courtesy, not a requirement. However, to be courteous, yeah, you should PM them. We have quite a few lurkers on this forum who respond to PMs far more than they post. You never know if someone you're trying to contact is one of those lurkers or is actually gone from the forum.

Oh, thanks for letting me know. I'll shoot them a quick PM and ask anyways. Thanks, again!

Edit: Messaged Wynni about the Storm dragons, since they're half of the Hybrid. I also changed the other parent breed and have created a completely new Hybrid concept from my original thinking. I also messaged Birdz for her blessing regarding the new parent breed.

2nd Question: Should I submit my crude Photoshop design with the request even though it is hideous? I have been working out the design on Photoshop, but believe me, I have no editing skills/coloring skills/sketching skills/drawing skills/SKILLS PERIOD whatsoever. It might give the sketchers and Spriters more to work off of, but I'm afraid of it being laughed at and mocked in the thread. I know I am horrible at art but I feel like my poor little sketch is going to be ripped to shreds!

Edited by predatorfan4ever

2nd Question: Should I submit my crude Photoshop design with the request even though it is hideous? I have been working out the design on Photoshop, but believe me, I have no editing skills/coloring skills/sketching skills/drawing skills/SKILLS PERIOD whatsoever. It might give the sketchers and Spriters more to work off of, but I'm afraid of it being laughed at and mocked in the thread. I know I am horrible at art but I feel like my poor little sketch is going to be ripped to shreds!

In my opinion, yes. I promise not a soul will laugh or make fun of your dragon. If that happens, hit the report button or if they send a PM making fun of your dragon, alert a mod immediately. The sketch will give other people an idea of what the dragon looks like.

It's a rule in the art threads

I have not once, since I have been here, seen anybody laughed at or mocked for their art skill. So many of us are 1) there to improve, and 2) have drastically improved thanks to DR. We're there to continue to improve and give back.

If someone doesn't understand what is going on in your sketch, they'll ask if you can describe it a bit with words.