Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Actually, it does. It's just hard to notice since the "sparkles" blend into the scroll background. See here. (@mods: I'm posting a view link to my own sparkling adult since the effect is totally lost in lineage view.)

I definitely can see it, but it is just harder and I only see it because I know what I'm looking for now.

Two questions. One, how long does it take for a dragons name to be removed due to inactivity? (That happens right?)

Two, cause I just saw the skin discussion, why ARE skins retired at all?

Two questions. One, how long does it take for a dragons name to be removed due to inactivity? (That happens right?)

Not anymore. That was stopped some years ago, dragons do not lose their names from inactivity anymore.

Two, cause I just saw the skin discussion, why ARE skins retired at all?

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=168078

Per the previous discussion regarding reducing the number of available layouts on the site, the two least-used layouts, Dino Cave and Blackout, have been retired.

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=163318

Right now there are eight different site layouts. Often, testing new things on each one of those is more work than its worth, especially given the numbers (the vast majority of people just use the default site layout).

Every time TJ adds or changes a site feature, each skin has to be updated to match. The clock, the new site layout, and probably the new lineage view all had to be updated across each skin. That's a lot of work to maintain.

By shutting down the least-used layouts and making it clear that they'll receive minimal (if any) updates, TJ cut some of that maintenance time while alienating the smallest possible number of users. Eventually the people playing on those skins will drop away, and I expect he'll fully remove those skins at that time.

Not anymore. That was stopped some years ago, dragons do not lose their names from inactivity anymore.

Ugh...any reason why from TJ?

EDIT: Thanks AGYK!

Edited by Tango

Not that I know of. I suspect that quite a bunch of once-retired players returned, found all their names lost, and quit again right away.

I had stopped logging onto my dc account for 3 yrs, but when I came back I still had all of my names.

Were the names that were lost given back?

I had stopped logging onto my dc account for 3 yrs, but when I came back I still had all of my names.

Were the names that were lost given back?

No, you just managed to quit *after* names stopped from getting deleted.

Ugh...any reason why from TJ?

He was gearing up to get name stealing ready, so inactive names stopped disappearing.

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=161108

However, it's hard to test name stealing without giving anyone an unfair advantage, so it would be my guess that is why inactive names stopped disappearing but we still haven't gotten name stealing.

@SockPuppet Strangler

But Undead Dragons also only have one page in the encyclopedia and for my only Undead Dragon i have a link to the encylopedia. And for the Gemshard hatchlings there also is only one page for Gemshards and i have a link to the encyclopedia from my only frozen Gemshard hatchling a Red one and i only have unlocked Red Gemshard hatchlings full and stage 1 for Green Gemshard hatchlings. So this is a problem in my eyes.

Gems don't have a link to their encyclopedia page. o.o Could you provide a screenie? (I don't have any frozen hatchies or any gem hatchies right now.) Because to me it still looks like TJ hasn't gotten the link fixed/working.

The diff in zombies vs pyrals might have to do with the fact that zombie sprites were updated vs pyrals always being that way. Regardless, I'll ask.

I don't really know how long it takes for an update to happen, so would it be pointless to make a suggestion that either inactive players lose their names again or name stealing become a thing? Because that post was 2 years ago.

I don't really know how long it takes for an update to happen, so would it be pointless to make a suggestion that either inactive players lose their names again or name stealing become a thing? Because that post was 2 years ago.

Some updates are very short, others take a longer time. You'd have to ask TJ and see if he'd be interested in hearing more opinions or if he has plan in the works and just needs a bit more time.

I noticed on the Wiki that the drake Zombie sprite is missing from the Zombie page. I have one (most likely a former Glaucus drake, link) and she uses the winged western sprite. Is this supposed to happen? Can anyone else with Zombie drakes confirm? Unless I'm forgetting one, all drakes have wings and four legs so I don't see why they wouldn't use the winged western Zombie, but I'm confused why the sprite is still missing from their Wiki page.

I noticed on the Wiki that the drake Zombie sprite is missing from the Zombie page. I have one (most likely a former Glaucus drake, link) and she uses the winged western sprite. Is this supposed to happen? Can anyone else with Zombie drakes confirm? Unless I'm forgetting one, all drakes have wings and four legs so I don't see why they wouldn't use the winged western Zombie, but I'm confused why the sprite is still missing from their Wiki page.

From the birthday announcement, where zombie updates were announced: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=174664

Coming Soon: zombies for other breeding groups

P2Ds don't have their own zombies yet. It'd be really cool if we had them by Halloween, but since we weren't given a timeline...

This has been quite troublesome to be honest. I hope TJ can look into it soon. Everything I try for names seems to be taken, and when I check scrolls of people who own the names they are people who seem like they haven't logged in for looong time. They have nothing growing and have none of the newer released dragons in past couple of years.

This has been quite troublesome to be honest. I hope TJ can look into it soon. Everything I try for names seems to be taken, and when I check scrolls of people who own the names they are people who seem like they haven't logged in for looong time. They have nothing growing and have none of the newer released dragons in past couple of years.

A work-around for this is to come up with a scroll name. IE: add either a prefix or a suffix to all your names. for example: I add 86 to a lot of names I've liked but were already taken.

I do believe I just saw a Guardian egg in the AP, I have 3 already could I have taken the egg?

I do believe I just saw a Guardian egg in the AP, I have 3 already could I have taken the egg?

No, I don't think so. But I thought that GoN eggs could not be abandoned. Are you sure that's what you saw?

No, I don't think so. But I thought that GoN eggs could not be abandoned. Are you sure that's what you saw?

You're right, it was a Creation Egg, sorry wacko.gif

Screenshots to a link to Gemshard Dragons from my frozen red Gemshard hatchling:

user posted image

user posted image

As you can see it is possible to get a working link if you don't unlock all colours. So where are my links to my Pyralspites? xd.png

Edited by Tigerkralle

Yes, it is it happened to me a long time ago since i learned how to raise eggs without getting them sick.

Edited by Tigerkralle

How do you unlock the blurred images on the main encyclopedia page(The one with all the dragons)? I have some where it's a blurred image but if I click on them all the images are unlocked.