Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I saw someone with three Arsani dragons on their scroll - have the holiday breed limits changed?

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, I haven't been on DC for a holiday since Valentines 2013.

I believe it changed in 2014. There is still a limit of 2 on CBs, but you can have as many bred holiday dragons as you want.

maybe its been asked before, and i just missed it.

why dont dragons have the name of the artist who made the sprites at the bottom anymore?

maybe its been asked before, and i just missed it.

why dont dragons have the name of the artist who made the sprites at the bottom anymore?

It's a glitch going on

How long does a dead egg take up an egg limit on your scroll? I tried to vamp an egg but it died

It takes up a slot for 24 hours. This also applies to dead hatchlings. However, death by sickness does not cause taken egg slots if I remember correctly.

Eggs that are killed by the kill action or one of the BSAs that can cause death, such as bite and earthquake, and I believe hatchlings that are killed with the kill action, will take up a scroll space for exactly 24 hours to the second from the time that they died. The eggshell or tombstone will still be there after that but no longer counts against your quota.

I saw someone with three Arsani dragons on their scroll - have the holiday breed limits changed?

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, I haven't been on DC for a holiday since Valentines 2013.

There exists no limit for CB Halloween breeds, just your sroll limits and if you trade for a lot of hatchlings and pick up seven eggs you can get an insane number of CB Halloween dragons in that particular year.

How long does a dead egg take up an egg limit on your scroll? I tried to vamp an egg but it died

From the FAQ:

Q: Do dead eggs count towards the egg "limit"?

A: Yes, manually killed eggs count for a day (24 hours). Vampire bite kills and earthquake kills count as manually killed eggs.

^^

Now- a- days we can have as many BRED Holiday dragons as we want. but only 2 Caveborn with the exception of Halloween which is only restricted by scroll limits. it is a fairly recent ( two years ago??) change

Edited by dragonpuck

Is EATW's Dragonmarket maintained anymore? It doesn't have a thread in fan sites, so I couldn't ask there.

Last update post is from 2013, and Xmas dragons on the "request" side end at 2012. Plus, a whole gaggle of dragons released over the years are mia on the request side as well.

Is EATW's Dragonmarket maintained anymore? It doesn't have a thread in fan sites, so I couldn't ask there.

Last update post is from 2013, and Xmas dragons on the "request" side end at 2012. Plus, a whole gaggle of dragons released over the years are mia on the request side as well.

an email/pm Ext3h would probably be the only way to get a definitive answer- he is still listed in the members section. and there is a e- mail available.

Edited by dragonpuck

You can still set up trades in dragonmarket on EATW. Updates for the breed would be great.

Does anyone know when Father started coming before Mother on the view page?

user posted image

It used to be Mother then Father.

My guess is when the new view page came into play, but I could be wrong.

Does anyone know when Father started coming before Mother on the view page?

user posted image

It used to be Mother then Father.

My guess is when the new view page came into play, but I could be wrong.

Yes, with the new lineage view on DC's birthday.

Disregarding the time it takes to make the dragon, and provided both dragons were good enough to get in cave - would it be faster to just send the dragon sprites directly to Tj instead of sitting on the completed list? As in, faster to get in cave? Also if you did send him a set of sprites would he tell you if they're going to be in cave at some point?

Disregarding the time it takes to make the dragon, and provided both dragons were good enough to get in cave - would it be faster to just send the dragon sprites directly to Tj instead of sitting on the completed list? As in, faster to get in cave? Also if you did send him a set of sprites would he tell you if they're going to be in cave at some point?

I'm not sure if it's only for holidays or not, but if the dragon was worked on in private then I think pming them to TJ would be the best thing to do. If the sprites were worked on in public then they must be moved to the completed list were they will wait a minimum of 30 days before they're released.

No, you will not get an answer any quicker if you PM/email than if you use the list. Whenever your dragon is chosen - if it is chosen - for release, you'll be notified by having to sign the artist agreement.

I don't know how TJ handles private requests, but you could run into an opposite problem of the list in that if TJ doesn't have a specific area he keeps private requests like that, then your art may get forgotten. However, like I said, I have absolutely zero idea how he handles private requests.

Unless you are very confident in your work, I would also suggest sticking to public works or collab'ing with an in cave artist/PM'ing an in cave artist for critiques. Getting public critique is how a lot of artists grow, and it's one of the great things about having a public Dragon Requests section. There's a lot of eyes in DR to help you out.

It probably would be faster to just PM TJ since people can take a while to critique and read the thread and etc. - but your art may suffer for the quickness. It's a trade off you have to judge.

If the sprites were worked on in public then they must be moved to the completed list were they will wait a minimum of 30 days before they're released.

Where'd you get that from? Are you thinking of the 60 days in secret/signing the release 60 days before the dragon is released?

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

For some reason my messages stopped being tracked, and I can't find the option to enable tracking again xd.png (I mean, to track all messages, not individual ones.) Feeling stupid, but can someone point me toward it?

Go to the Board Settings link, displayed under Options in your User CP. Look under the Board Display settings. You should see "Do you wish to get a pop up notification when you get a new private message?", and a Yes/No dropdown. Switch it to your preference. Hope this helped!

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Go to the Board Settings link, displayed under Options in your User CP. Look under the Board Display settings. You should see "Do you wish to get a pop up notification when you get a new private message?", and a Yes/No dropdown. Switch it to your preference. Hope this helped!

Thank you, found it there!

For some reason my messages stopped being tracked, and I can't find the option to enable tracking again xd.png (I mean, to track all messages, not individual ones.) Feeling stupid, but can someone point me toward it?

If memory serves, that option is saved as a cookie in your web browser. If you switched browsers or cleared your cookies recently, that would explain the forgotten preference.

It's not the pop up you want - it's the "track all messages by default" one - and yes AGYK, it varies with browser and also if you use a different machine (as I realised to my horror when sending messages on my tablet mad.gif)

Edited by fuzzbucket

A question about the Encyclopedia:

When it says "observe x more eggs/hatchlings/adults for the next note", do I have to click on the dragon itself or do I simply have to see it?

Edited by DarkShinyLugia