Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Is there a general rule of thumb on socially acceptable length between check-ins with your artist(s) within the Dragon Requests forum? I have a really fantastic artist who did a gorgeous first sketch and sounded willing to do a second one and maybe even some sprites, but it's been a while and my topic has fallen off.

I don't want to run afoul of the 'no bumping' rule, and I also don't want to bug them unnecessarily, but I want to make sure they're still involved and that I don't need to find another artist.

Is there a general rule of thumb on socially acceptable length between check-ins with your artist(s) within the Dragon Requests forum? I have a really fantastic artist who did a gorgeous first sketch and sounded willing to do a second one and maybe even some sprites, but it's been a while and my topic has fallen off.

I don't want to run afoul of the 'no bumping' rule, and I also don't want to bug them unnecessarily, but I want to make sure they're still involved and that I don't need to find another artist.

I suggest checking their signature and profile to see if they have any notes about contacting them via PM about dragon requests. Some people prefer being PMed a reminder because they forget to check the thread. And then, some people really don't like to be contacted.

If they don't have a note, and it has been a week or two since they last posted in your thread, they probably won't mind a polite inquiry on the status of the sketches/sprites. Just be courteous and remember that real life gets in the way a lot. ^^

Also, bumping is allowed in Dragon Requests when your thread falls past page 3 and nobody has replied for 24 hours.

I suggest checking their signature and profile to see if they have any notes about contacting them via PM about dragon requests. Some people prefer being PMed a reminder because they forget to check the thread. And then, some people really don't like to be contacted.

If they don't have a note, and it has been a week or two since they last posted in your thread, they probably won't mind a polite inquiry on the status of the sketches/sprites. Just be courteous and remember that real life gets in the way a lot. ^^

Also, bumping is allowed in Dragon Requests when your thread falls past page 3 and nobody has replied for 24 hours.

Ah, this was all such good info/suggestion!! Glad I posted here. Thanks!! biggrin.gif

Perhaps a silly question, but since when did Xenowyrms become rare enough that people are asking for CB Golds/2G Prizes for them?

Also, are Alamandine/Spessartines getting more common? I actually caught three Spessartines within the past week! I'm confused by these changing ratios! laugh.gif

Perhaps a silly question, but since when did Xenowyrms become rare enough that people are asking for CB Golds/2G Prizes for them?

Also, are Alamandine/Spessartines getting more common? I actually caught three Spessartines within the past week! I'm confused by these changing ratios! laugh.gif

Probably this belongs on the Trade topic but...

The fact that someone offers Xenos (or anything else) and asks for CB Golds or 2G Prizes doesn't mean that will get them.

Almandines and Spessartines started getting quite more common at the end of March. Since many people didn't had any in their scrolls, it took a bit for the market to adapt. I see them more or less as often as I see Xenos.

Edited by NotBambi

How many Unique Views for a Guardian of nature to hatch? Mine has around 400 and it doesn't even have a small crack.

How many Unique Views for a Guardian of nature to hatch? Mine has around 400 and it doesn't even have a small crack.

GONs are notoriously stubborn. I would add to more hatcheries and keep an eye on it for sickness. They aren't as bad as prizes for that, but it is possible

Edited by ainisarie

Please take these questions to the Questions about a trade? thread (which is linked in the first post of this thread): https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=109066

Feel free to mock me but I'm too chicken to kill anything. I would start tearing if reading kill-hatchie or kill-dragon messages. Reason why I didn't get a single zombie so far, got vamps from the AP etc. I never tried earthquake either so I've no info on how it works. First of all... it will eventually affect eggs, not hatchlings, right? Is there any thread with statistics relative to success/fail? Please note that, for me, fail means that anything dies. Unaffected eggs or escaping hatchlings are okay.

Feel free to mock me but I'm too chicken to kill anything. I would start tearing if reading kill-hatchie or kill-dragon messages. Reason why I didn't get a single zombie so far, got vamps from the AP etc. I never tried earthquake either so I've no info on how it works. First of all... it will eventually affect eggs, not hatchlings, right? Is there any thread with statistics relative to success/fail? Please note that, for me, fail means that anything dies. Unaffected eggs or escaping hatchlings are okay.

EQ only affects eggs.

You might be interested in:

Earthquake BSA success/disaster story: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=78868

Forcing: yay or nay?: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=78868

Oh yeah...the kill message when you succeed is heart breaking.

I think I did it for a zombie and I was so heartbroken, but was glad that it was revived.

Long long ago in a galaxy far far away, someone showed me a dragon with one parent whose code had been recycled. The new "parent" made the dragon's lineage physically impossible.

Does anyone remember such a pair or have a link to it? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Long long ago in a galaxy far far away, someone showed me a dragon with one parent whose code had been recycled. The new "parent" made the dragon's lineage physically impossible.

Does anyone remember such a pair or have a link to it? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I know of a wilderness pair that was like that, but it was fixed a few years ago, so the impossible parent was replaced with a tombstone.

Hello, I have a question too. I have noticed lately that certain breeds ( like the Vine one, which I have had unlocked in the Encyclopedia before) seem to have missing information, or so does it appear for me. Here are the screenshots I took from my laptop, it shows the same on tablet. I recall that there was, at least for the Vine, the usual form of appearance/basic anatomy", hatchling and adult behavior,habitat and diet. Does anyone else have this or what exactly happened? ohmy.gifhuh.gifunsure.gif

Flamingo Wyvern

Horse Dragons

Vine Dragons

Odd. Thanks, I shall go report.

I know of a wilderness pair that was like that, but it was fixed a few years ago, so the impossible parent was replaced with a tombstone.

The one I'm remembering was definitely on someone's scroll, but it was also years and years ago. It's probably been fixed by now; I'm mostly looking for a link and some validation that I'm not going crazy.

The one I'm remembering was definitely on someone's scroll, but it was also years and years ago. It's probably been fixed by now; I'm mostly looking for a link and some validation that I'm not going crazy.

I meant a pair of wilderness dragons that bred and their child ended up on someone's scroll. I'm not sure if that was a code issue or just due to wild dragons breeding, though.

Is something like this what you were looking for?

(I only know of this example because I found one of her granddaughters in the AP last year xd.png)

I remember this too. I think it showed up in this thread Great Lineages Found in AP, Why would anybody abandon these?!, maybe a year ago? I couldn't say.

edit: ah, Terces was faster - I assume that granddaughter was the one I remembered. smile.gif

Edited by Ashtoret

Is there a problem with picking up the new eggs? I'm only getting a blank page instead of the get code page...but eggs are on my scroll..

I saw someone with three Arsani dragons on their scroll - have the holiday breed limits changed?

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, I haven't been on DC for a holiday since Valentines 2013.

I saw someone with three Arsani dragons on their scroll - have the holiday breed limits changed?

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, I haven't been on DC for a holiday since Valentines 2013.

There is a limit of 2 CBs in the year they get released. But there is no limit on bred ones the years after the release.