Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

A question about the Encyclopedia:

When it says "observe x more eggs/hatchlings/adults for the next note", do I have to click on the dragon itself or do I simply have to see it?

You need to see its view page, so yes, you need to click on it.

Is there any way to PM more than one member at a time?

No, it is only possible for mods and special accounts like the breeding lineages -- and even those are limited. Spam prevention.

Perhaps, you can copy and paste your message? I know i'd be easier to mass-message people, but this is probably the next best.

Does anybody else get a blank page when trying to breed Coastal Waverunners to something other than an Electric?

Coastal Waverunner x Coastal Waverunner = blank page

Coastal Waverunner x Falconiform = blank page

Coastal Waverunner x Electric = Storm Rider egg

Does anybody else get a blank page when trying to breed Coastal Waverunners to something other than an Electric?

yes, didn't see it with any other breed though. not that I tested every breed....

Has anyone else experienced this glitch with frozen hatchlings? It only appears on my scroll (on user view), like if I go on dragcave.net/dragons it shows the glitch but if I go on dragcave.net/user/chica4000 or any random scroll it doesn't. It makes it so there is something like an indent between the gender sign and snowflake, as depicted by the below image:

user posted image

Edited by Cheekadee

Does anyone else sometimes get HTML code in their Signature box? I keep getting <span> codes in mine whenever I edit my Signature. sleep.gif

So, how many views/unique views are needed for a hatchling to gender? I have a CB black pair, and one of them is still an egg, so I really want to know the hatchie's gender so I can know what to influence its younger counterpart.

Tested with a pb pair and got the same thing. I shall go report!

So, how many views/unique views are needed for a hatchling to gender? I have a CB black pair, and one of them is still an egg, so I really want to know the hatchie's gender so I can know what to influence its younger counterpart.

It varies based on breed and time left. Commons like blacks will usually gender at around 5d12h if you get them up to 800-ish UVs. Yours seems a bit low atm, so I'd suggest adding it to an extra hatchery or two.

It varies based on breed and time left. Commons like blacks will usually gender at around 5d12h if you get them up to 800-ish UVs. Yours seems a bit low atm, so I'd suggest adding it to an extra hatchery or two.

Thank you! It's already in around four hatcheries, lately I've had some trouble getting enough views just in time for hatching. Maybe it's because it's summertime?

Does anyone else sometimes get HTML code in their Signature box? I keep getting <span> codes in mine whenever I edit my Signature. sleep.gif

Are you going back (using the back button to go back a page) or something instead of going to your profile, then edit signature? I haven't edited my signature in a while but have never noticed that before.

What are the steps to re-create this? Just went to edit signature and everything looked fine for me.

Thank you! It's already in around four hatcheries, lately I've had some trouble getting enough views just in time for hatching. Maybe it's because it's summertime?

I see in your sig you are/were part of CS. There's a DC thread on CS. Maybe also try posting there - or putting it in your sig if you're posting in trade threads.

I see in your sig you are/were part of CS. There's a DC thread on CS. Maybe also try posting there - or putting it in your sig if you're posting in trade threads.

Hey there, I had previously asked on this thread about placing that trade link in my sig a while back, and I was told there wasn't a problem with it. If there is, I can gladly take it down.

Hey there, I had previously asked on this thread about placing that trade link in my sig a while back, and I was told there wasn't a problem with it. If there is, I can gladly take it down.

I think you misunderstood what I said. I'm saying to post your hatchling in the DC thread on CS or putting it in your CS thread (if you're actually making posts) so you can get it more views, since you already have it in four hatcheries and are still struggling to get it to gender.

See the DC thread on CS here: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewt...?f=11&t=2912585

I think you misunderstood what I said. I'm saying to post your hatchling in the DC thread on CS or putting it in your CS thread (if you're actually making posts) so you can get it more views, since you already have it in four hatcheries and are still struggling to get it to gender.

See the DC thread on CS here: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewt...?f=11&t=2912585

Oh, I see what you mean! Thanks tongue.gif

Are you going back (using the back button to go back a page) or something instead of going to your profile, then edit signature? I haven't edited my signature in a while but have never noticed that before.

What are the steps to re-create this? Just went to edit signature and everything looked fine for me.

I figured it out by your question. I must have accidentally used the back button because I tested that out and it did the <span> code again. I went to edit my Signature directly from my profile and the <span> did not appear after using the bbcode. Thanks for helping! *feels dumb*

Has anyone else experienced this glitch with frozen hatchlings? It only appears on my scroll (on user view), like if I go on dragcave.net/dragons it shows the glitch but if I go on dragcave.net/user/chica4000 or any random scroll it doesn't. It makes it so there is something like an indent between the gender sign and snowflake, as depicted by the below image:

user posted image

Mine look normal both in my view (/dragons) and on other people's view - and yours look normal to me. Maybe it's a browser thing ? but I've tried iE, Chrome and Opera (I use Firefox, so it isn't that) and they look OK everywhere....

What's your default font set to ?

(you have some great names laugh.gif)

user posted image

have you tried a hard refresh, mine does that sometimes and a hard refresh normally fixes it

user posted image

Its a spacing issue. Do you have any reeeeeealy long names on that page? Mine does that on pages with really long names.

This freezy does it for all his friends on page 6 of my scroll:

http://dragcave.net/view/8O955

Cheers!

C4.

Its a spacing issue. Do you have any reeeeeealy long names on that page? Mine does that on pages with really long names.

This freezy does it for all his friends on page 6 of my scroll:

http://dragcave.net/view/8O955

Cheers!

C4.

Not on mine - he's perfectly fine....

I may have a series of questions about naming dragons. How long does a scroll have to be inactive for one to steal a name from a dragon on its scroll? If a scroll is inactive, is there only a chance of stealing the name successfully or is it a guarantee?

It just so happens that there are some names that I really like. I went as far as looking at the dragon by checking https://dragcave.net/view/n/<name> and at the user if available. Some scrolls look like they have been inactive for a long time but I cannot take the name of the dragon.

I may have a series of questions about naming dragons. How long does a scroll have to be inactive for one to steal a name from a dragon on its scroll? If a scroll is inactive, is there only a chance of stealing the name successfully or is it a guarantee?

It just so happens that there are some names that I really like. I went as far as looking at the dragon by checking https://dragcave.net/view/n/<name> and at the user if available. Some scrolls look like they have been inactive for a long time but I cannot take the name of the dragon.

TJ had mentioned it some time back as a possible update, but nothing has come of it, so we are currently unable to steal names from anyone's scroll.