Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

TJ had mentioned it some time back as a possible update, but nothing has come of it, so we are currently unable to steal names from anyone's scroll.

I see. Thank you so much! happy.gif By any chance, was it already an active feature before? I thought that it was. =o Like for instance, how Midas Dorkface and Shallyna'ar lost their names before they became The Original Midas Dorkface and The Original Shallyna'ar?

I see. Thank you so much! happy.gif By any chance, was it already an active feature before? I thought that it was. =o Like for instance, how Midas Dorkface and Shallyna'ar lost their names before they became The Original Midas Dorkface and The Original Shallyna'ar?

No, not quite - but similar. Dragons used to lose their names if you didn't log in for two months (an inactive user's scroll would lose all names at once). Once lost, then they were up for grabs again, as no dragon had the name. Possibly in anticipation of name stealing and in part of messing with how dead dragon's worked, dragons stopped losing their names. For a brief period, name stealing was implemented for a few random test users - but since that gave them an unfair advantage, TJ reversed any name stealing that had occurred and removed the ability for testing. I think it probably hasn't been implemented just because it's hard to test without giving anybody an unfair advantage, but that is total speculation on my part. ^^

Not on mine - he's perfectly fine....

I think the problem is only with the 'actions' link on the page, so when you're on your /dragons page, so it makes sense it wouldn't mess it up for you, viewing it as the non-owner. =p

No, not quite - but similar. Dragons used to lose their names if you didn't log in for two months (an inactive user's scroll would lose all names at once). Once lost, then they were up for grabs again, as no dragon had the name. Possibly in anticipation of name stealing and in part of messing with how dead dragon's worked, dragons stopped losing their names. For a brief period, name stealing was implemented for a few random test users - but since that gave them an unfair advantage, TJ reversed any name stealing that had occurred and removed the ability for testing. I think it probably hasn't been implemented just because it's hard to test without giving anybody an unfair advantage, but that is total speculation on my part. ^^

Thank you so much for all the information, Lagie and Sock! happy.gif I really appreciate it!

Are there any known Problems with naming Dragons?

I went to Name some, got the 'ink disappears' info, though I knew the Name was not taken. When I clicked on the Dragon, it was actually named as I wanted. Glitch?

I went to Name some, got the 'ink disappears' info, though I knew the Name was not taken. When I clicked on the Dragon, it was actually named as I wanted. Glitch?

Same with me! I was about to ask here as well. I name any dragon and it gives this message:

You try to write the name, but the ink disappears as you write, so you decide to try something else.

...even though I know the name I wanted is available. Is it bugged?

The name still shows up on the dragon page. I am using mobile version of DC.

Same with me! I was about to ask here as well. I name any dragon and it gives this message:

You try to write the name, but the ink disappears as you write, so you decide to try something else.

...even though I know the name I wanted is available. Is it bugged?

The name still shows up on the dragon page. I am using mobile version of DC.

I'm on a Desktop, can't be that then...

Having exactly the same issue rolleyes.gif now back tracking on names i thought were taken to do again smile.gif

Having exactly the same issue rolleyes.gif now back tracking on names i thought were taken to do again smile.gif

I just enter the Name and click next to the naming box. If you see a check mark, it's not taken, if you see a cross, it is.

I just thought I accidentally confirmed twice.

But it seems you can now change capitalization within a name without needing to change something else first. smile.gif

Thought this was just me, was actually coming to the forums to see if anyone else was having this problem. xd.png

I also have the naming glitch ~ I can confirm a name a million times and it will tell me to write the name again ~~~ but when I go to my scroll the hatchling has the name and it worked the first try rolleyes.gif

hehehhe I guess we all have that problem.

However, the name does take for me. Even though the ink disappears my dragon still gets the name (if the name is available)

Questions about the new BSA:

1. Can things still grow up at 4d if they have enough views, regardless of Stun status? I was under the impression they require one extra view to trigger the growing up process but I'd like to be sure.

2. In a similar note to 1, what happens if I Stun a hatchie at < 1d, say 12h? It gains another day, putting it at 1d 12h, but can't gain views for 2d. Is it guaranteed to die or will it still grow up if it has the stats?

Thought this was just me, was actually coming to the forums to see if anyone else was having this problem. xd.png

I'm having this issue too, but I noticed that despite it looking like the name didn't take, it actually did.

Questions about the new BSA:

1. Can things still grow up at 4d if they have enough views, regardless of Stun status? I was under the impression they require one extra view to trigger the growing up process but I'd like to be sure.

2. In a similar note to 1, what happens if I Stun a hatchie at < 1d, say 12h? It gains another day, putting it at 1d 12h, but can't gain views for 2d. Is it guaranteed to die or will it still grow up if it has the stats?

I think people are going to have to experiment before we can answer for sure-for sure. Maybe start a BSA experiment thread for these exact reasons in SD?

I am under the same impression about you as needing that one more view before they grow up.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

As far as I can tell, it always took that crucial extra view for a hatchling to hatch from its egg or to grow up, so I guess it will still be the same.

I've been wondering what this BSA could be used for, and got only one idea: Trading. For one, it will add a day to your hatchling's timer, giving you an extra 24 hours you have to trade it. Additionally, you're safe from losing your hatchling due to view-bombing for a full 48 hours. In the case of a hatchling with 4 days left that you still need to trade, you could use stun on it, put it up for trade and you wouldn't have to worry about it growing up within the next two days. Which is a good thing, I suppose.

What I'd seriously want to know, though, is whether stun wears off after teleport. If not, I foresee a lot of problems with trades that involve stunned hatchlings dying on their new owner's scroll due to being unable to grow up. (Considering that Incubate and Influence both wear off if the egg is teleported, I think it's almost safe to assume that Stun would wear off just as well - but I'd really like to be sure.

Another question is how a hatchling with 7 days left is affected. Will the hatchling gain a day, meaning it starts with 8 days left? Or will everything above 7 days be cut off? And can the same hatchling be stunned more than once? (Since each stun will stop the hatchling from gaining views for 2 days, you cannot use Stun more than 6 times on your hatchling without killing it eventually - unless, of course, you trade it.)

I stunned two spring hatchlings that were ER and they are now not ER anymore. I can also confirm stunned doesn't wear off when you view the stunned hatchlings on teleport at least so the added day seems permanent unlike incubate. I don't know if helps to understand the workings better but just putting it out there. View count of stunned hatchlings:

Views 1800+ UV- 380+ clicks 1-2

Stunned cannot be used on same hatchling twice

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

If that is the case, there should also be some information on when a stunned hatchling will be able to gain views again. Just in case.

Not sure what i have done or not done but just tried to Stun a Silver hatch 4.6 days but keep getting message Only hatchlings can be infuenced. unsure.gif

http://imgur.com/jI32uA4

Edited by rrattts

Not sure what i have done or not done but just tried to Stun a Silver hatch 4.6 days but keep getting message Only hatchlings can be infuenced. unsure.gif

http://imgur.com/jI32uA4

I'm a bit confused, it would look like, instead of being stunned, your hatchling grew up?

I'm a bit confused, it would look like, instead of being stunned, your hatchling grew up?

Your confused so am i laugh.gifhttp://dragcave.net/lineage/Up6Hj hatch is still a hatch, but been traded now, maybe i should try another and see what happens unsure.gif

Just tried on an Imperial Fleshcrowne same thing happened unsure.gif tried on a Gold hatch it got stunned i think it may only work on ungendered hatchlings smile.gif

Edited by rrattts

Your confused so am i laugh.gifhttp://dragcave.net/lineage/Up6Hj hatch is still a hatch, but been traded now, maybe i should try another and see what happens unsure.gif

Just tried on an Imperial Fleshcrowne same thing happened unsure.gif tried on a Gold hatch it got stunned i think it may only work on ungendered hatchlings smile.gif

Honestly, I hope isn't a glitch, that we can use it to instant-grow our hatchies!

Do old dragons get stripe colours updated? Thunders don't produce blues but they totally should.