Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Because mods cannot be everywhere at once. If people post and point out they've added a link to an egg they don't own, it's much easier for me to notice, "oh, I should go remove that" than if I never see the signature in the first place.

Point is, users should not be linking to eggs they don't own so that whomever does (I don't even think your egg can be seen in the AP yet...) pick up the egg doesn't end up viewbombed or harassed or anything. As well, the person who picks it up may be accepting aid, but they also might not be, and you'd need permission to link to their egg. So it's preemptively removed to protect them.

If you see others who are doing the same thing, please report any of their posts. We'll edit out their signatures as well.

It isn't being done to be unfair to you. It's because I noticed your sig. I'm not all seeing, though, and can miss things, hence why we have a report function. :3

Thank you. Another user actually PM'd me and suggested I post the link in my signature in hopes of getting the egg back, so it wasn't my idea. I thought it was a good one, but I guess I was wrong. Still, I hope I get it back. I hate auto-abandon so much.

(I don't even think your egg can be seen in the AP yet...)

Curious about this, actually, Socky. The egg has a ton of stats, but the time is such that I don't think it should be visible in the AP either, and so theoretically the egg should still be unowned. Any idea what might have happened? (Ftr UV is significantly higher than clicks so I don't think it's just people clicking on the egg from Yunako's sig)

Curious about this, actually, Socky. The egg has a ton of stats, but the time is such that I don't think it should be visible in the AP either, and so theoretically the egg should still be unowned. Any idea what might have happened? (Ftr UV is significantly higher than clicks so I don't think it's just people clicking on the egg from Yunako's sig)

Yeah, I doubt it was from the sig. Maybe someone who clicked added it to a forum somewhere? I'm not really sure either. o_O

Yeah, I doubt it was from the sig. Maybe someone who clicked added it to a forum somewhere? I'm not really sure either. o_O

I hope it wasn't added to a click site! Even if I never get it back, I still don't want it to get sick and die! I do see why I shouldn't link it, though. I definitely don't want it sick because someone added it to a click site.

Huh. Okay, thanks anyway ^^

I hope it wasn't added to a click site! Even if I never get it back, I still don't want it to get sick and die! I do see why I shouldn't link it, though. I definitely don't want it sick because someone added it to a click site.

The egg's time is low enough that it shouldn't get sick from the views it has. The stat boost is just an oddity.

Are we going to be able to view our 2016 Valentine stash in the end ??? The badge is a link, so I am assuming - but if not, the link needs to go...

tiny question about refusal:

Can two dragons who have bred before refuse suddenly and prevent you from breeding more eggs of that pair?

thanks in advance

I don't want to sound like I'm whining, but do Alt Blacks still exist? >.>

There was a mini-burst of them awhile back, so I'm gonna go with yes. They're just super rare.

Edit: I poked around in AoND for a bit and saw three kitty alts. They're out there. ^^

tiny question about refusal:

Can two dragons who have bred before refuse suddenly and prevent you from breeding more eggs of that pair?

thanks in advance

Nope, a pair that's bred without refusal should always breed without refusal. They may show no interest or not produce an egg, but that's just a one-time fail. The pair can still produce eggs in the future, unlike the permanence of refusals.

Edited by AGYK

Exception: pairs with at least 1 holiday involved. If they had holiday babies before, they might still refuse outside the according holiday breeding season and never produce non-holiday babies.

Pairs consisting of holiday dragons only will always refuse outside their holiday breeding season.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

If you have "Message Tracking" enabled you can delete a sent but unread message and it will disapper from the recipient's inbox. The pop-up will still be there but the message won't.

I's just one of the quircks of the pm system wink.gif

So you're saying that whoever sent the PM deleted it before I could read it then? That kind of sucks. Hope it wasn't anything important. sad.gif

I sometimes do that (deleting a sent pm that is) when I pm someone specifically because they are on at that moment. So when they go offline without reading I delete because when they come on again the pm will be useless anyway (like a glomp that will grow up in an hour or so for example).

I sometimes do that (deleting a sent pm that is) when I pm someone specifically because they are on at that moment. So when they go offline without reading I delete because when they come on again the pm will be useless anyway (like a glomp that will grow up in an hour or so for example).

Yes - done that myself. Also when I accidentally put the wrong name in the box *blush* or made a trade offer - backed up by a PM as they asked for extras and those would have to be an IOU - and I can see the trade had expired.

If a PM was important, I can't see why anyone would delete it - so I wouldn't worry !

What is the best way to catch a non-Pyro CB Xeno? I need at least one really badly, and can't seem to catch any, even if I do see them. So for the people who catch motherloads of them, how do you do it?

My computer is a fast customized gaming computer with Charter 100mbs internet, and I have no viruses. I usually use Google Chrome. I've tried Opera and Firefox, but those are either worse or the same.

I spam constantly, even between 5 minute/hourly drops and never see them, and when I do, they get picked up and I get the "Sorry, this egg..." message.

Are these dragons becoming super rares like metals and Alamandine/Spessartines now? I'm not whining, I'm just curious as to how people do it.

I know you probably don't want to share your tips because it would mean someone else getting your trade fodder, but it would be really nice.

What is the best way to catch a non-Pyro CB Xeno? I need at least one really badly, and can't seem to catch any, even if I do see them. So for the people who catch motherloads of them, how do you do it?

My computer is a fast customized gaming computer with Charter 100mbs internet, and I have no viruses. I usually use Google Chrome. I've tried Opera and Firefox, but those are either worse or the same.

I spam constantly, even between 5 minute/hourly drops and never see them, and when I do, they get picked up and I get the "Sorry, this egg..." message.

Are these dragons becoming super rares like metals and Alamandine/Spessartines now? I'm not whining, I'm just curious as to how people do it.

I know you probably don't want to share your tips because it would mean someone else getting your trade fodder, but it would be really nice.

Speaking for myself, I generally go in about a minute before the drop, then eye my computer clock and right at the mark, hit Ctrl + R with one hand and have the other on my mouse middle button. I don't catch a lot of rares, but what I've caught generally comes from that.

It takes a lot of luck, and since that's what you're doing, I don't really have any other tips... Sorry about that.

I really, really do not think there is a secret. I catch plenty of CB Xenos. It's all about timing and biome selection. If you're lucky enough, you will have picked the right biome at the right time and your reflexes will be fast enough. It's really as simple as that.

I really, really do not think there is a secret. I catch plenty of CB Xenos. It's all about timing and biome selection. If you're lucky enough, you will have picked the right biome at the right time and your reflexes will be fast enough. It's really as simple as that.

I just need a tip to catch even ONE! I haven't seen any for weeks. I always stick with the biome I would like a Xeno from (usually Jungle or Coast) and never even see any. See plenty of Dinos and Blusangs, but for some reason those are not near worth what Xenos are worth.

My reflexes are usually pretty good. I catch CB coppers all the time, and I've even caught several CB silvers. I just...can't...catch...XENOS! xd.png

I just need a tip to catch even ONE! I haven't seen any for weeks. I always stick with the biome I would like a Xeno from (usually Jungle or Coast) and never even see any. See plenty of Dinos and Blusangs, but for some reason those are not near worth what Xenos are worth.

My reflexes are usually pretty good. I catch CB coppers all the time, and I've even caught several CB silvers. I just...can't...catch...XENOS! xd.png

It's just a matter of timing and biome selection then. Perhaps they're just not falling in the biomes you're looking in. I'm building lineages with the Chrono and Mageia variety currently, and I can usually get those at will. But there was a period of time where I could only get the Chrono variant in the wee hours of the morning.

Some of the Xenos are at times as difficult to catch as the green/blue Copper was several years ago. Eventually they will be easier to catch. Until then, you just have to be in the right place at the right time. smile.gif

Why does the new badge lead to a non-existent page, instead of showing me those items I collected?

I don't know, but I think because the event's over.

Why does the new badge lead to a non-existent page, instead of showing me those items I collected?

Someone started a separate thread about that. It seems like if it is not going to lead anywhere, then it should not be a link. Or is it intended to show us our inventory of items and is glitched? No one knows at this point.

This hatchling got sick for a few hours, and I'm a little confused as to why.

Too many clicks, views, UVs, what? It isn't even a rare. It's a Balloon. blink.gif

Most likely too many views and/or clicks in a short amount of time. The click count is pretty high, but I think the main cause is the timeframe in which they were gained.

This hatchling got sick for a few hours, and I'm a little confused as to why.

Too many clicks, views, UVs, what? It isn't even a rare. It's a Balloon. blink.gif

You've had that happen with others recently. I think - maybe try thinking again about where you post your growing stuff ? That's a lot of views you have.

When does dragoncave have the least amount of traffic? Cave time to make it easier.