Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

When does dragoncave have the least amount of traffic? Cave time to make it easier.

Definitely the wee hours of the morning.

And to the person trying to catch Xenos, that's my personal advice. Show up early in the morning. The variants you're going for are pretty popular which is probably why you're having trouble. I personally do not have much trouble grabbing Xenos of any kind but I have enough for my needs right now so I've not been actively seeking them for a while. When I happen to spot one though I grab and I get it as often as not. There really isn't a trick to it other than persistence and timing, like someone else said, any more than there's a trick to getting golds.

To some degree this sort of thing depends on personal factors. For example I have a neurological visual-motor processing speed deficiency. This means that no matter what computer I'm using I'm never going to click as fast as the fastest clickers, so I never catch gold or silver or Almandine even if I do see them (and I almost never even see Almandine anyway). I know someone who catches CB Golds all the time just to give away to people who don't have any, meanwhile, and to me what she does is incomprehensible. I can't even catch ONE gold. Plus, some people are using touchscreen devices, and egg hunting can be either easier or harder on those depending on specifics. So there are a lot of tiny factors that go into this and any number of them might be making it more difficult for you, personally. Just keep trying and do your best. And don't give up on trading for them - Xeno trading is a bit flooded out so you may have luck trading for one.

Edited by Lurhstaap

It's 6am but there are tons of people in the cave? Is there ever a time when there's a few biomes with less than 6 people in them?

It's 6am at your place, but noon in Europe. E.g. there are quite a lot of Germans on the site who have lunchbreak now.

It's not 6am where I am it's 11, it's 6am cave time. Is early morning cave time when it's quiet or is that actually a time when a lot of people from different countries are on?

There will always be lots of people on, since DC is rather popular around the world. I don't think I've ever encountered a real low in the biomes, except during events that kept people in different places of DC, like the flower garden some years ago. Also, some biomes might be bereft of people if there's a new release in another biome.

Plus, I don't think the people counter in the biomes is 100% accurate. I managed to miss a Gold when there was supposedly exactly 1 person in that biome, which should have been me.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

As far as I know, the people counter in the biomes only adjusts once a minute. So, yes, it's possible to be in a biome where the counter says that there are no people there, not even you.

Are Balloons suddenly uncommon or are people just picking them up a lot? I'm trying to get Balloons for a lineage and rarely see any. I usually see at least 5+ per hour. laugh.gif

Are Balloons suddenly uncommon or are people just picking them up a lot? I'm trying to get Balloons for a lineage and rarely see any. I usually see at least 5+ per hour. laugh.gif

My grandson has most of them, and if he misses one, Thuban gets it laugh.gifbiggrin.gif

Balloons got themselves a couple of major collectors, and now they have been driven into "user-driven uncommon" territory.

If only we could get some people to do the same with certain other breeds.....

Cheers!

C4.

Balloons got themselves a couple of major collectors, and now they have been driven into "user-driven uncommon" territory.

If only we could get some people to do the same with certain other breeds.....

Cheers!

C4.

I did greys pretty well - but they now seem to be being collected for something else anyway.

I did greys pretty well - but they now seem to be being collected for something else anyway.

The Holly contest chose them, so... they are also being driven into "user-driven uncommon" status.

Sadly.

Cheers!

C4.

The Holly contest chose them, so... they are also being driven into "user-driven uncommon" status.

Sadly.

Cheers!

C4.

Well, when I was working on this beauty, I think they vanished a bit, too biggrin.gif

I know Infinis collects Greater Spotted Drakes to make them less common, and somebody is doing the same for Hooktalons. Unclear how much success they've had so far.

Here's a little question, if anyone has had something similar or if there's info I haven't read up on yet, please let me know.

I have a Gold Shimmer, available to breed (female). I also have a Thalassa Xeno available to breed (male). When I choose either for breeding, the other mate doesn't show up in the list. Others of the same breeds do, but not each other. Is this an odd glitch?

I've hard refreshed and recently cleared my cache, but they still don't show.

Edited by FireMaster13

It wasn't showing up, but somehow clearing history made the other pop up at the bottom. How odd. I don't recall trying to breed them prior, but I guess I did. Thank you! I feel silly now.

Maybe the page just hadn't loaded completely in your previous attempts.

I seem to have something bizarre going on. I have a Lunar Herald on my scoll with 6 days and 3 hours left. (Here it is.) I went to incubate it, but it does not show up on the list of eggs I can incubate. It's not shown as already incubated, and it's not shown as available for incubation. Any idea why not?

Do you have it in a teleport? Then it is not available for incubating or influencing.

Do you have it in a teleport? Then it is not available for incubating or influencing.

Hmm, I didn't when I tried to incubate, but I had until a moment before. Maybe it just took a moment to register that the teleport was gone.

Has anyone else had trouble typing in their passwords to preform an action? I know I type it in right, but it says its incorrect and makes me type it in again before it works.

It normally wouldn't bug me, but it's caused me to miss several eggs in the departures thread which would have helped out my projects.

Have you tried the following?

- clear cache

- clear cookies and log in again

- run a malware check on your computer?

Has anyone else had trouble typing in their passwords to preform an action? I know I type it in right, but it says its incorrect and makes me type it in again before it works.

It normally wouldn't bug me, but it's caused me to miss several eggs in the departures thread which would have helped out my projects.

I get this all the time. Chrome lets me autosave the password so I don't have to put it in but I still have to click on the box otherwise it disappears and I have to go back and enter it by hand.

I get this all the time. Chrome lets me autosave the password so I don't have to put it in but I still have to click on the box otherwise it disappears and I have to go back and enter it by hand.

Yep, same here. I have to click inside the little box for password, otherwise I fail to log in due to 'incorrect' password. Chrome user aswell. And I think it's been like this for a while smile.gif So don't worry, it is quite normal.

how come the "track private messages" in my settings gets set to NO every once in a while without me doing it.

It was on and worked fine this morning and now it was off again without me doing it.

(turned it on again but it is anoying if you want to keep track of pms being read)