Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Chrome is apparently doing some updating/upgrading, and it's creating little problems here and there, until they get it finished and stabilized. Since Opera uses Chrome's platform, it will sometimes have the same trouble Chrome does. I'm not a big fan of FF, because it eats up resources like a herd of goats, and I don't want to use IE, so I guess the thing is to wait out the glitches and whatever effect they have on my game. I'm having issues in other games and Yarold's as well, so that tells me it's Chrome.

Strangely enough, lately I had quite less problems with Canary than with Chrome.

Just curious: Was there ever a reason why the biomes were ordered with links ending with 5 (Alpine), 1 (Coast), 2 (Desert), 3 (Forest), 4 (Jungle), and 6 (Volcano)?

I realize that they are alphabetically in order, but the numbers just never matched up

Thanks @Tehya Faye! smile.gif

Suddenly, that sounds so familiar; I completely forgot that.

To add to Tehya Faye's explaination, 7 days before Halloween, TJ kicks off some kind of Halloween fun event and old Halloween eggs are breedable. There is no limit on how many older eggs you can have. Both these events end on 12 am Cave Time on Halloween, when new eggies drop for 24 hours. I do not think there is a limit to how many of the new ones you can have, only for Christmas, Valentines and Easter.

Also, you can create Zombies at this time. Not sure if you can during the week events or only on Halloween. And your vamps have the best chance, almost guaranteed, of biting eggs successfully.

All in all, it's a pretty fun time. cool.gif

Edited by Riverwillows

To add to Tehya Faye's explaination, 7 days before Halloween, TJ kicks off some kind of Halloween fun event and old Halloween eggs are breedable. There is no limit on how many older eggs you can have. Both these events end on 12 am Cave Time on Halloween, when new eggies drop for 24 hours. I do not think there is a limit to how many of the new ones you can have, only for Christmas, Valentines and Easter.

Also, you can create Zombies at this time. Not sure if you can during the week events or only on Halloween. And your vamps have the best chance, almost guaranteed, of biting eggs successfully.

All in all, it's a pretty fun time. cool.gif

There's no holiday release at easter, just an event.

There's no holiday release at easter, just an event.

Ah, that's right. My bad. I just love the holidays here at DC.

Alpine used to be Mountain.

There was never a point in the site's history where Alpine was called Mountain.

Going all the way back to the original planning thread in 2010, it's listed as "alpine/glacial."

After a certain update, the html-escaping had gone wonky:

"Select an egg to incubate. This will reduce its &ldquote;time left until death&rdquote; by one day. Only eggs with more than three days left can be incubated. "

Should I make a bug report in a separate thread?

...and, while we're at it, I prefer an "Already incubated" note, rather than the incubated eggs disappear from the list altogether. It's bad enough that "hidden" and "in teleport" mess with my head huh.gif

Edit: well, at least they stopped disappearing o_O

Edited by Snowwall

There was never a point in the site's history where Alpine was called Mountain.

Going all the way back to the original planning thread in 2010, it's listed as "alpine/glacial."

Oh, someone said it was Mountain originally. My bad!

Pretty sure that zombies can only be made on halloween. The dragon can be killed before than.

Tsunami's aren't hard to breed as fails.  You got lucky with that silver, congrats!

Hmmm...okay tongue.gif I just dropped it on the departures thread since I don't really need silvers right now.

Chrome is apparently doing some updating/upgrading, and it's creating little problems here and there, until they get it finished and stabilized. Since Opera uses Chrome's platform, it will sometimes have the same trouble Chrome does. I'm not a big fan of FF, because it eats up resources like a herd of goats, and I don't want to use IE, so I guess the thing is to wait out the glitches and whatever effect they have on my game. I'm having issues in other games and Yarold's as well, so that tells me it's Chrome.

I use a version of Opera from before the switch to Chrome code and had no problems with other sites. It wasn't a Chrome-related thing.

Has there been a very recent update to the cave? I don't recall the Pink dragon's influence text to be, "[Name/Code] uses its knowledge of egg rearing to influence the egg to be [Male/Female]."

I like this new one to be honest but has there been a recent update?

Yes. There have been several small tweaks in the past week.

(Read back in this thread to see some of the reactions!)

Has there been a very recent update to the cave? I don't recall the Pink dragon's influence text to be, "[Name/Code] uses its knowledge of egg rearing to influence the egg to be [Male/Female]."

I like this new one to be honest but has there been a recent update?

Yep. It seems like TJ has been tinkering with the cave for the past week.

Anyone have a list of what dragons aren't in the Encyclopedia? I know it's been mentioned many times but I'm not sure where.

Anyone have a list of what dragons aren't in the Encyclopedia? I know it's been mentioned many times but I'm not sure where.

If I recall correctly, magelights, hooktalons, and spotted green drakes are missing.

I have a chicken egg i got from the cave ^^!

But i never saw a chicken egg on a hatchery,should i put it there or not?

Absolutely! They act exactly like dragon eggs do so they need views to hatch.

Wait until it's nearer to 6 days left before you start adding it anywhere though, because they also get sick just like dragon eggs do. :>

Chicken eggs are small and easy to miss or easy to confuse with pygmies on hatcheries. I promise you people put their chicken eggs on fansites. If that's how you normally raise your dragons, go ahead and put your chicken egg there too. Just watch it for sickness - and congrats! :3

Chicken eggs are small and easy to miss or easy to confuse with pygmies on hatcheries. I promise you people put their chicken eggs on fansites. If that's how you normally raise your dragons, go ahead and put your chicken egg there too. Just watch it for sickness - and congrats! :3

Thanks for the answer,my chicken will thank you once it hatches!

Will a offers who contains a nearly grown up hathcling automatically canceled when it reaches adulthood?

Let us say i offer three hatchlings and one of them will grow up in 5 hours will the offer disappear after 5 hours or will the other three hatchling still there?