Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I have a question of something that I thought I had seen a long time ago but now I can't remember where I thought I saw it.

Is there or is there not a way for someone to kill off the parents of an offspring so they don't show up any more? I have two black dragons that are badly inbread and messy that I don't want them anymore. (was trying to get alt blacks but I have enough regular blacks I and use those now)

If that isn't possible anymore thats fine I'll just not use them at all for breeding.

Edited by Sparkyrav

I have a question of something that I thought I had seen a long time ago but now I can't remember where I thought I saw it.

Is there or is there not a way for someone to kill off the parents of an offspring so they don't show up any more? I have two black dragons that are badly inbread and messy that I don't want them anymore. (was trying to get alt blacks but I have enough regular blacks I and use those now)

If that isn't possible anymore thats fine I'll just not use them at all for breeding.

well, you can kill them but the lineage no longer disappears, I believe it remains as tombstones, but someone will have to confirm that--

Just ckecked, for me they reappear with every fifth refresh, then they're gone again.

It's difficult to hunt if you don't see what you're catching. huh.gif

ETA: Now refreshing makes no difference, all I see is broken images (this with FF, latest version).

I'm also having this problem. It started after I updated my antivirus and restarted my computer; messing with AdBlock does nothing. I'm using an older version of Opera, but other sites work fine.

I'm also not seeing most sprites on scrolls as well; I don't know if that's related.

well, you can kill them but the lineage no longer disappears, I believe it remains as tombstones, but someone will have to confirm that--

I can confirm. The change was made JUST too soon for this to work as I intended;

http://dragcave.net/lineage/73DVe

My wonderful 25th gen shocker, which was intended to be a FABULOUS deadline, and I wanted to see if it then showed up as inbred. I shall never know sad.gif

He even has a child xd.png

Odd. I am able to AP hunt with no problem at all. I am also on the latest version of FF.

So am I and the images are OK here.

Re problem with AP images: What I've tried so far:

clearing cache/cookies, restarting browser, switching skins - no effect.

When I try to view one of the broken images, I get an error message "404 Page Not Found". When I click on a broken image egg, the usual screen shows that I've caught it. No other problems either in the cave or on my scroll. I first noticed something was wrong about 4 hours ago (not sure when it actually started). 12 hours ago everything was fine, so something must have happened in-between (I wasn't online all the time).

If anything, the problem has gotten worse since I posted last. I just opened a new page and after 9 refreshes, I finally got pictures. But then, I tried again and 30 refreshes still didn't give me any pictures.

I'm using Windows 8.1 with IE 11.

I'm on FF as well (on a Mac), but I also have the broken image problem. I have no ideas as to what caused it, but it's been reported.

AP looks fine to me. 8.1/Chrome. For those with issues, are you using any ad blocking software?

AP looks fine to me. 8.1/Chrome. For those with issues, are you using any ad blocking software?

I'm also having this problem. It started after I updated my antivirus and restarted my computer; messing with AdBlock does nothing.

Messing with addons does nothing. walkinslow mentioned a bunch of stuff they tried that didn't effect it.

I usually do not post my confirmation of a problem without experimenting with addons, cache/cookies first either.

It looks okay to me right now, though. May be fixed?

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

PM TJ09 directly for concerns about a dragon's name.

Mine seems to be fixed too and I hope it stays that way! biggrin.gif

Also, my thanks to RecycledHeart for reporting that name and to Lagie for letting us know what to do about it. I've been seeing a few nasty ones around lately and now I know what to do about them.

It's been a couple years since I've been on DC during a holiday event.

If I remember right, DC holiday lasts 2 weeks long. So, if I have 7 egg slots, I should be able to receive approximately 21 Halloween eggs (with incubate) before the new eggs are released, right?

Edited by Windnose

Halloween is a one day event for new eggs, seven day breeding for old.

The newly bred dragons aren't able to breed holidays until the next year.

Chrome is apparently doing some updating/upgrading, and it's creating little problems here and there, until they get it finished and stabilized. Since Opera uses Chrome's platform, it will sometimes have the same trouble Chrome does. I'm not a big fan of FF, because it eats up resources like a herd of goats, and I don't want to use IE, so I guess the thing is to wait out the glitches and whatever effect they have on my game. I'm having issues in other games and Yarold's as well, so that tells me it's Chrome.

I can confirm. The change was made JUST too soon for this to work as I intended;

http://dragcave.net/lineage/73DVe

My wonderful 25th gen shocker, which was intended to be a FABULOUS deadline, and I wanted to see if it then showed up as inbred. I shall never know sad.gif

He even has a child xd.png

Thanks for confirming that. Guess I'll just have to keep them around or send them off into the wilderness someday.

Halloween is a one day event for new eggs, seven day breeding for old.

The newly bred dragons aren't able to breed holidays until the next year.

That week for breeding is the week before Halloween, right?