Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

But I have noticed that the lag at the top of the hour has pretty much completely disappeared.

This.

I noticed that too, that's weird... blink.gif

The annoying blue graphic that you usually see whenever you want to perform an action (such as abandoning an egg or freezing a hatchling) has disappeared now as well. It was still there yesterday evening, so I'm thinking that must have happened between yesterday evening and now. I'm hoping it stays that way, because for me personally, that graphic made performing actions a little bit cumbersome. unsure.gif

@Amazon_warrior: Lucky you. I still got some lag, though not hitting as hard as usual.

@Duysterwald: It shows the affected eggs and hatchlings now instead, or at least it did earlier today when I incubated and influenced.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Something weird happened to me about an hour ago. Here is a roughly timeline of what happened:

1. I start to get viewbombed. On my scroll was a CB Tsunami egg that was kept fogged because I picked it up at 1 day from the AP so I thought I'd try to ND it.

2. I notice I'm being bombed. I hide my scroll, fog my eggs, etc. etc.

3. I unfog my Tsunami to prepare for ND attempt. At this point I haven't entered it into any hatcheries yet.

4. A couple of minutes later I come back to look at my Tsunami again and I see it's gained views. ???

5. I check my scroll and it's still hidden. ???

Is there a way to circumvent hidden scrolls and add eggs to hatcheries that I haven't heard of? blink.gif

@Ruby Eyes - it's not completely gone, but it's MUCH better than before!

Something weird happened to me about an hour ago. Here is a roughly timeline of what happened:

1. I start to get viewbombed. On my scroll was a CB Tsunami egg that was kept fogged because I picked it up at 1 day from the AP so I thought I'd try to ND it.

2. I notice I'm being bombed. I hide my scroll, fog my eggs, etc. etc.

3. I unfog my Tsunami to prepare for ND attempt. At this point I haven't entered it into any hatcheries yet.

4. A couple of minutes later I come back to look at my Tsunami again and I see it's gained views. ???

5. I check my scroll and it's still hidden. ???

Is there a way to circumvent hidden scrolls and add eggs to hatcheries that I haven't heard of? blink.gif

The process of entering your scroll into hatcheries seems to generate a small number of Views for any unfogged eggs or hatchies. I've noticed the effect lots. You can test it with any egg from the AP if it has 0/0/0 - go to an assortment of hatcheries and view your scroll contents there, and you'll see the AP egg gain a UV and a handful of Views as you do so, even if you don't actually add it anywhere.

ETA: The other reason could be a few stray views it gained on your scroll before you fogged it? I've noticed that sometimes fogged eggs register a click even though they're hidden, but it doesn't show up on the scroll page until they're unfogged...

Edited by Amazon_warrior

The process of entering your scroll into hatcheries seems to generate a small number of Views for any unfogged eggs or hatchies. I've noticed the effect lots. You can test it with any egg from the AP if it has 0/0/0 - go to an assortment of hatcheries and view your scroll contents there, and you'll see the AP egg gain a UV and a handful of Views as you do so, even if you don't actually add it anywhere.

ETA: The other reason could be a few stray views it gained on your scroll before you fogged it? I've noticed that sometimes fogged eggs register a click even though they're hidden, but it doesn't show up on the scroll page until they're unfogged...

I'm pretty sure that when I picked it up from the AP, its views were close to 0/0/0 -- when I checked on it after unfogging, it had around 85 views so I don't think it could've been "a few stray views" unsure.gif

I'm pretty sure that when I picked it up from the AP, its views were close to 0/0/0 -- when I checked on it after unfogging, it had around 85 views so I don't think it could've been "a few stray views" unsure.gif

Oh, wow. Yeah, my explanation really doesn't cover that many views! Unless perhaps someone managed to add it to Silvi's, maybe? Possibly someone who saw it in the AP and tried to "help"? That site keeps all added eggs and hatchies in store, even fogged ones, and just re-adds them into circulation once they're unfogged.

Wierd biome incidents....Spirit wards still glowing.......odd scroll behavior.....

Is it April Fool's in August or something? Is Mercury retro again???

blink.gif

Maybe?  Since the biomes keep emptying out without any new eggs being added until the start of the new hour, I'm thinking it's probably not intentional.  But I have noticed that the lag at the top of the hour has pretty much completely disappeared.

I noticed the same thing too! huh.gif I thought it was just my imagination blink.gif .

I noticed the same thing too! huh.gif I thought it was just my imagination blink.gif .

I think TJ's been playing with the code. I've noticed a few minor things from today to yesterday.

And OH I hope the Spirit Wards are going to have their colored-phases re-timed, so they spend a more even time in each phase.

Cheers!

C4.

The fog/unfog action has changed a bit, too. Used to be, if you fogged something and left the page open, you could simply refresh that page to unfog again. But now if you try it, it says the action is unavailable; you have to go back to the actions page and choose "unfog".

And is it just me, or has the description when you use Influence changed a bit? I thought it used to say "You've influenced xxxxx egg", but now it says something like "the pink uses its knoledge to influence xxxxx egg"

Cheers!

C4.

And is it just me, or has the description when you use Influence changed a bit? I thought it used to say "You've influenced xxxxx egg", but now it says something like "the pink uses its knoledge to influence xxxxx egg"

Cheers!

C4.

Not just you! I saw it about 10 minutes ago for the first time.

Cheers!

C4.

It's not just you!

The "Hide" and "Unhide" options now mention the use of casting spells and magic =)

Looks like a new DC update biggrin.gif

Cheers!

C4.

Ah, you're right! That's interesting.

I just gave it a try and it says "___ uses its knowledge of egg rearing to influence the egg to be male/female."

Wonder if the incubate/fertility/etc descriptions changed as well.

Incubate just says Z'iyoura i incubates the egg, allowing it to hatch sooner. But a picture of the egg now appears below the Red dragon.

Incubate's definitely changed:

user posted image

And once you're done, it says "Your dragon incubates the egg, allowing it to hatch sooner. "

ETA: I really like the addition of the egg codes on the action page. Will be a massive help against influencing/incubating the wrong egg.

Edited by Amazon_warrior

The 5 minute refreshes definitely are not working....

Looks like we are back to hour-long blockers. sad.gif

Edit: The Desert hasn't moved in 20 minutes. So we are all back to crowding the top of the hour now, cause the 5 min times are just not worth it.

Edited by Riverwillows

I just checked fertility and the page loads very fast. No lag and no flappy dragon at all. laugh.gif

I just checked fertility and the page loads very fast. No lag and no flappy dragon at all. laugh.gif

You're right! smile.gif

I get a lil bit of flappy dragon on the fertility page (my current connection is hilarious slow), but it *is* a lot less than it was.

Didn't this just used to say 'Your Dragon influenced the egg its own gender"?

Rosen Gold uses its knowledge of egg rearing to influence the egg to be male.

Didn't this just used to say 'Your Dragon influenced the egg its own gender"?

Rosen Gold uses its knowledge of egg rearing to influence the egg to be male.

Yes, it did up until very recently. We seem to be getting a lot of cool new updates! biggrin.gif

The spirit ward "glowing" at the wrong time seems to be fixed for me and I did see a 5 minute shuffle a little bit ago. Are members still having problems with these two things?