Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

You could try stalking the AP for it. It's at 6d 22h right now and the AP is at 5d 6h - it won't show up for quite some time. Otherwise, I think you've done about all you could. (Should probably fix your sig though.)

you can't pick up an egg that you abandoned unless someone else has picked it up and re-abandoned and if it's choice that probably won't happen. you can have friends look for it

Erm...Can someone link me to Artist credit thread? I remember seeing something like it a long time ago while looking for which sprites are available to use in banner/signature making. Can't seems to find it now.

On that note, are artist permission needed even for signature within the site (this forum?) Like is this part of DC? When having to PM artist for permission, what are the best practice/questions to ask?

Edited by Stormypulse

Erm...Can someone link me to Artist credit thread? I remember seeing something like it a long time ago while looking for which sprites are available to use in banner/signature making. Can't seems to find it now.

On that note, are artist permission needed even for signature within the site (this forum?) Like is this part of DC? When having to PM artist for permission, what are the best practice/questions to ask?

I believe this is the thread you're looking for?

From that thread,

You may use non-edited general use DC sprites (cropping or changing the image size is allowed) on the DC forum without asking prior permission. However, please ask permission before using spriter alt sprites. Spriter alts are a special treat for the spriters and should be treated as such.

Please note this means: If an artist has not given permission for the type of edit you wish to make, you must contact an artist for permission before modifying their art for use on the DC forum. You must contact an artist before modifying their art for possible use in the cave (ie updating shading, adding alts, etc.). If they do not reply after 30 days, permission is granted by default. This applies to avatars, signatures, fanart, updating concepts, suggesting alts, etc.

Do note that especially if you are suggesting editing an in cave sprite (such as updating a sprite or suggesting an alt - even suggesting a hybrid), we are likely to ask for proof that you've asked permission. Be ready to give us a screenshot of a PM or chat or link us to a dA conversation or however you asked/received permission.

tl;dr: as long as you're keeping it within the DC forum, you can use an unedited sprite without permission. Edited sprites require permission.

As far as the definition of "edited", Socky said putting the sprite in a badge or logo is okay, but things like recolors or any change made to the actual sprite counts as editing.

So after some weeks of no interest, I finally got an egg from one of my pairs, but it was accidentally abandoned! I guess I didn't realize that I was egglocked  unsure.gif

I've updated my signature and changed the parent's names on my scroll - is there anything else that I can do? I really hope someone kind will find and return the egg to me!

If the person who finds the egg is nice enough, they'll probably look into helping you, especially since there's a reward involved. I'll keep my eyes peeled, but I tend to be egglocked a lot. Also, if the person has their username shown on their dragons' pages, you could track whoever has it down. I don't really know how else to help, though.

Thanks for all your responses, everyone! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone may find it and return it smile.gif

Every now and again I get a pop-up stating that I have a new private message, and 'new messages' count goes up, but when I go to inbox there's nothing there. Did anyone else experience it? What is up with that? Ghost messages?

Every now and again I get a pop-up stating that I have a new private message, and 'new messages' count goes up, but when I go to inbox there's nothing there. Did anyone else experience it? What is up with that? Ghost messages?

If you have "Message Tracking" enabled you can delete a sent but unread message and it will disapper from the recipient's inbox. The pop-up will still be there but the message won't.

I's just one of the quircks of the pm system wink.gif

So I've been looking in the cave for "glowing stone" eggs. I want a Moonstone, but I got nothing but Sunstones. Is this just bad luck?

Bad luck. Although I do think Sunstones are somewhat more common.

So I've been looking in the cave for "glowing stone" eggs. I want a Moonstone, but I got nothing but Sunstones. Is this just bad luck?

sounds like it

you might want to try the AP too, I see cb moons in there fairly often

What are the chances that I will actually get the egg in my signature back? It was my fault, it was auto-abandoned, but I hope someone kind will return it.

Does this actually happen? Do people return valuable or pretty eggs like that?

What are the chances that I will actually get the egg in my signature back? It was my fault, it was auto-abandoned, but I hope someone kind will return it.

Chances are ???, it all depends on who finds your egg and whether they visit the forums or not. Change the parents' names to explain that you lost the egg and to give your forum name so the finder can contact you. Something like "ACCIDENTAL AUTO" & "RETURN TO YUNAKO" or "YUNAKO ON FORUMS" would be good.

People do return lost eggs sometimes. Depends more on who catches the egg than on what it is.

You can also try to stalk the AP for it, but dragonpuck noted earlier that you can't be the first to pick up an egg you auto'd. You would need a friend to grab the egg for you.

Some people do take the time to hunt for specific auto-APd eggs for returning them to the original owner, but it's not too frequent. Your best bet would be to try for the egg again.

OOO nice I like.

Also another question - I've been looking through the completed topic of the dragon requests thread and there are some dragons that are missing images. One I saw has the image with the copyright logo, but was missing the un copyright image on the actual thread. Does this mean the un marked version is gone and the dragon will not end up in the cave? Or are the images saved somewhere else. Kinda sad if they are lost because it's a lovely looking dragon.

OOO nice I like.

Also another question - I've been looking through the completed topic of the dragon requests thread and there are some dragons that are missing images. One I saw has the image with the copyright logo, but was missing the un copyright image on the actual thread. Does this mean the un marked version is gone and the dragon will not end up in the cave? Or are the images saved somewhere else. Kinda sad if they are lost because it's a lovely looking dragon.

If the image is gone, please comment in the thread.

The images aren't saved by us unless they're accepted for release. If they're gone, we can't release the dragon.

I was lucky enough to have an auto-abandoned egg returned today. I had changed the name of the parents in case the finder wanted to return it, and he/she very graciously did. Whoever does get it does need to know your forum name and that you would like it back. But if they choose to keep it, you are out of luck.

If the image is gone, please comment in the thread.

The images aren't saved by us unless they're accepted for release. If they're gone, we can't release the dragon.

Ooooo noooo. I can comment in the threads but some of these haven't had comments since years ago. The one I was referring to was back in 2012. Aww dang that was a really pretty egg. :c

I put a link to an egg I was looking for in my signature, but someone (a mod, I'm guessing) removed it. I see a lot of people with egg links in their sigs for eggs they've lost, so why was mine removed? I replaced it with a link to a sibling to the same egg, so hopefully someone will see it and finally return it.

I'm guessing the new "owner" reported it and has no intentions of returning it at all, but I'm just curious as to why the link was removed when I see other people with links for lost eggs in their sigs all the time? blink.gif

Ooooo noooo. I can comment in the threads but some of these haven't had comments since years ago. The one I was referring to was back in 2012. Aww dang that was a really pretty egg. :c

Fortunately for release purposes, eggs are fairly easy to replace if the original is no longer around.

I put a link to an egg I was looking for in my signature, but someone (a mod, I'm guessing) removed it. I see a lot of people with egg links in their sigs for eggs they've lost, so why was mine removed? I replaced it with a link to a sibling to the same egg, so hopefully someone will see it and finally return it.

I'm guessing the new "owner" reported it and has no intentions of returning it at all, but I'm just curious as to why the link was removed when I see other people with links for lost eggs in their sigs all the time? blink.gif

Yes, a mod would be the only one capable of editing your sig. I'm guessing you had a direct /view/ link in there, which is forbidden for any egg. Progeny links, egg codes without links, or sibling links should be fine. Even a lineage link might be passable.

Yes, a mod would be the only one capable of editing your sig. I'm guessing you had a direct /view/ link in there, which is forbidden for any egg. Progeny links, egg codes without links, or sibling links should be fine. Even a lineage link might be passable.

Nope, it was a lineage link. Not a view link. I know those aren't allowed. So that's why I'm confused.

Because mods cannot be everywhere at once. If people post and point out they've added a link to an egg they don't own, it's much easier for me to notice, "oh, I should go remove that" than if I never see the signature in the first place.

Point is, users should not be linking to eggs they don't own so that whomever does (I don't even think your egg can be seen in the AP yet...) pick up the egg doesn't end up viewbombed or harassed or anything. As well, the person who picks it up may be accepting aid, but they also might not be, and you'd need permission to link to their egg. So it's preemptively removed to protect them.

If you see others who are doing the same thing, please report any of their posts. We'll edit out their signatures as well.

It isn't being done to be unfair to you. It's because I noticed your sig. I'm not all seeing, though, and can miss things, hence why we have a report function. :3

Because mods cannot be everywhere at once. If people post and point out they've added a link to an egg they don't own, it's much easier for me to notice, "oh, I should go remove that" than if I never see the signature in the first place.

Point is, users should not be linking to eggs they don't own so that whomever does (I don't even think your egg can be seen in the AP yet...) pick up the egg doesn't end up viewbombed or harassed or anything. As well, the person who picks it up may be accepting aid, but they also might not be, and you'd need permission to link to their egg. So it's preemptively removed to protect them.

If you see others who are doing the same thing, please report any of their posts. We'll edit out their signatures as well.

It isn't being done to be unfair to you. It's because I noticed your sig. I'm not all seeing, though, and can miss things, hence why we have a report function. :3

Thank you. Another user actually PM'd me and suggested I post the link in my signature in hopes of getting the egg back, so it wasn't my idea. I thought it was a good one, but I guess I was wrong. Still, I hope I get it back. I hate auto-abandon so much.