Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

There were at least two such players. There's one player with two CB prizes (I believe they're inactive now) and one player with a CB prize and a CB Holly.

I know of 2 people with 2 prizes (silver and bronze shimmer and silver shimmer and tinsel)

There were at least two such players. There's one player with two CB prizes (I believe they're inactive now) and one player with a CB prize and a CB Holly.

Good to know. Thanks!

I know of 2 people with 2 prizes (silver and bronze shimmer and silver shimmer and tinsel)

Ah!! Thanks!

This is a very silly question, but I have to ask it. It's been bugging me for awhile.

Do CB Alamandines and Spessartines exist for normal, non-donating, non-Prize winning players? I only ask because I've been camping the Alpine and Coast almost 24/7 for three days and haven't seen one, but I see a lot of people (who are Prize winners) who want to trade Alamandines/Spessartines.

I'm not jealous or anything, I got a ton when they were first released. I am really just curious if these are still available to normal players. smile.gif

Just so you know, there is not and will likely never be any dragon that is only available to paying players on Dragon Cave. The only thing people can buy on the actual game (there's a Cafepress, but that's different) is a subscription to make the ads go away. It doesn't affect the actual game. There are also no dragons that are only available to prize winners except CB Prizes. And theoretically everyone who attended the raffles has (or had, since the raffle didn't happen this year) a fair shot at those.

Spessartines tend to be easier to find than Almandines, but right now both are pretty rare. I'd even say Almandines are rarer than golds, because they only drop in one biome. I know someone who cheerfully gives away CB Golds pretty regularly. She gave me two CB Golds because I didn't have any, without much of a problem. But she's only ever been able to give me one CB Almandine, and it was clearly a much more difficult request. (Needless to say this person has my eternal gratitude for that and everything else she's so generously given me. <3) So by that and my own personal observation - having seen CB Golds go by a few times in the biomes but having seen maybe one or two Almandines in the Alpine, ever - I consider Almandines the rarest non-holiday CB in the game right now.

That's right, but one of them didn't won both. They won one raffle and traded for the other on a later raffle. TJ enabled the trade option for the last prizes he gave out (for that reason I guess).

Actually, I heard that the person who traded for a prize has a bronze Shimmer and a bronze Tinsel ... Check (Vein)'s offspring for a Shimmer named "why god why" (I might be wrong though with regards to how they acquired their 2nd prize ...)

And then there was someone with a silver version of each - (Beets) and (Pipes), who got their scroll burnt and both Prizes killed.

That's right, but one of them didn't won both. They won one raffle and traded for the other on a later raffle. TJ enabled the trade option for the last prizes he gave out (for that reason I guess).

Didn't their husband gift it to them or something? Or was that the one that had Beets and Pipes that got burnt? :/

I think so, at least that's what the rumours said that I recall.

2 Shimmers: twice won

2 bronzes: traded

2 silvers: gifted/burnt

Plus now what AGYK said: there may be people with a Prize and a HM (which aren't listed anywhere, as far as I'm aware).

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Heartstealers hatch pink? The adults are red, though...

They get darker when they gender smile.gif Maybe it's an age thing, the older they are the darker they get. I'm not sure, but yes they hatch pink and have red adults.

Yep, they are still available to everyone.

They are just so much rarer than most people give them credit for.

Good luck hunting though!

Also question:

What do people use to create previews of lineages? Is it just like a photoshop program, or does some site have options? I know Allure has one but that requires dragon codes.

I just use paint.

I find the lineage I need on another dragon, find the ones I want to sub in their places, and yeah.

Bonus if the one I find already has half the dragons I need. tongue.gif Haha. It's sometimes a bit messy but it works fine for me.

I think so, at least that's what the rumours said that I recall.

2 Shimmers: twice won

2 bronzes: traded

2 silvers: gifted/burnt

Plus now what AGYK said: there may be people with a Prize and a HM (which aren't listed anywhere, as far as I'm aware).

I'm aware of a bronze shimmer x silver shimmer pair (SHADE x SLAYR) and a silver tinsel x holly pair (Jinsu x Sujin). The others are news to me (although I do recall the rumor of someone whose SO also won and donated their prize, and was subsequently burnt).

Also question:

What do people use to create previews of lineages? Is it just like a photoshop program, or does some site have options? I know Allure has one but that requires dragon codes.

I've been using GIMP. Just began using FireAlpaca due to color issues with saved files on GIMP that I was having.

I've got a bunch of base stocks or people are nice enough to leave them in breeding plan threads. I was screencapping (on Mac, you can screen select spots with command+shift+4) lineage tiles. Then I realized I was very silly and could copy or save the image in a lineage itself and the preview would come out cleaner. rolleyes.gif

I do screenshots & MSPaint because that's all I have on this old workbox here. I've also modified the lineage view for me using a custom stylesheet to remove the gradient top of the scroll background for a more even appearance of the lineage.

I just googled FireAlpaca and I'm not so sure if I'd feel safe using it - its page says

FireAlpaca is the free paint tool that is complaint with both Mac and Windows.
xd.png Edited by Ruby Eyes

I just googled FireAlpaca and I'm not so sure if I'd feel safe using it - its page says

xd.png

Yeah, I noticed that too, but I follow a lot of artists on tumblr who've been using it and nothing shady has happened to their comps or tablets yet. =p

I've got a bunch of base stocks or people are nice enough to leave them in breeding plan threads.

I have almost every lineage tile downloaded, including spriter's alts. I can upload them to Imgur or somewhere for public use as long as I won't get in trouble for it.

I do screenshots & MSPaint because that's all I have on this old workbox here.

Photofiltre's pretty good if you're on an old system. It does struggle with some of the lineage tiles, though - the transparent background shows as black. I had to pull a bunch of tiles into GIMP to get that straightened out.

I'm not allowed to install things here, but thanks for the info smile.gif

I take it my MSPaint mockups aren't pretty enough? rolleyes.gif

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I've been wondering for a while now, a lot of my dragons have a ton of unique views, but only like 2 or 3 Clicks.

Why do Clicks seem not to register as much as Views and Unique Views?

Is it something to do with hatcheries?

Hoping I make sense.

Edited by Silverwinter

Of course it has to do with hatcheries. There are thousands of dragons in there, and while a single page load can give views and unique views to hundreds of dragons at once, people usually only click a handful of them - and only a handful of people actually click dragons.

If you put your dragons in forum signatures, they *might* get slightly more clicks from curious forum users. And then there are dedicated click exchanges which take a lot of clicking to actually get your stuff to grow.

Of course it has to do with hatcheries. There are thousands of dragons in there, and while a single page load can give views and unique views to hundreds of dragons at once, people usually only click a handful of them - and only a handful of people actually click dragons.

If you put your dragons in forum signatures, they *might* get slightly more clicks from curious forum users. And then there are dedicated click exchanges which take a lot of clicking to actually get your stuff to grow.

Thank you for clarifying for me, couldn't wrap my head around it for some reason

Just to clarify, because I never fully understood this and have read mixed comments on the subject...

When an egg is abandoned to the AP, a day gets added to the timer (or however much or little to make the timer return to 7 days). When you view an egg's view page that is on the AP, is the timer there the same as the timer on the AP itself? For example, if I'm viewing an AP egg's view page that currently says 6 days, is that what will be shown on the AP's timer? Or will I see 5 or 7 days? (Assuming I can see it see it on the AP page at 7 days of course, hypothetical scenario here.)

The reason I asked is because I've heard from some that the extra time is only added when you grab the egg, but others have said the view page shows the extra time while the AP timer doesn't and then some other confusing things in between...

I'm aware of a bronze shimmer x silver shimmer pair (SHADE x SLAYR) and a silver tinsel x holly pair (Jinsu x Sujin). The others are news to me

There are also a Bronze Shimmer x Bronze Tinsel pair Vein x Satan whose owner won the Tinsel and traded later for the Shimmer (at least that was what I heard).

(although I do recall the rumor of someone whose SO also won and donated their prize, and was subsequently burnt).

IIRC there was a user who already won a Prize earlier and was gifted the Prize her husband won later. As far as I know this scroll was burnt.

Edit: I know you posted it on the previous page and it also is quoted in the post I quote here. I was just too lazy to include your quote manually wink.gif

Also I wasn't aware that they two prizes were from the same year. Thanks for clarifying that for me, Ruby Eyes smile.gif

Edited by rinoa26

Yeah, that's what I posted on the previous page.

(and there was no earlier or later with that burnt scroll - both prizes were from the exact same day)

When an egg is abandoned to the AP, a day gets added to the timer (or however much or little to make the timer return to 7 days). When you view an egg's view page that is on the AP, is the timer there the same as the timer on the AP itself? For example, if I'm viewing an AP egg's view page that currently says 6 days, is that what will be shown on the AP's timer? Or will I see 5 or 7 days? (Assuming I can see it see it on the AP page at 7 days of course, hypothetical scenario here.)

When an egg is abandoned to the AP, the AP shows it with an extra day. If you're viewing a hypothetical egg's view page which says 6d, and the egg is still in the AP, the AP will probably say 7d. I say "probably" 7d because the extra day is given to the egg when it's picked up from the AP for the first time - so when you decide you like that egg and you pick it up, it will now be at 7d, and its view page will say 7d. But when the egg drops to 6d 12h and you abandon it, it will show as 6d 12h in the AP and will stay at 6d 12h when someone picks it up.

The reason I asked is because I've heard from some that the extra time is only added when you grab the egg, but others have said the view page shows the extra time while the AP timer doesn't and then some other confusing things in between...

The extra time is only added when the egg is grabbed for the first time. Any future grabs won't add time. The view page shows the time without the extra day added; the AP shows the time with the extra day added. If the extra day has already been added, the view page and the AP will show the same thing.

So, just to confirm, when the egg hits the "current time left in AP" it won't show up for one more day?

An egg must hit 5d 10h on its view page (if the current AP time is 6d 10h) to show up?

EDIT: More accurate numbers

Edited by Meg_752