Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I get the same 503 error in Chrome, so it's not just you.

I am aso getting a blank page in FF. And I will go on record as saying getting an egg but having to backtrack to see what kind of egg is not a forward step in the game.

I'm getting a blank white page after trying to un-name my hatchling. FF 42.0

I wonder if TJ is about to flag more people for the new view page? Both the issues being reported (dragons breed but the egg image is missing, blank white page when trying to unname dragons on FF) are things that I've experienced (and still experience) since my account was flagged to use the new view page back on Jan 10.

I'm not getting a bred egg image ( have to agree that if this is intentional ,it's not really of benefit.) I do not have the new view though---

Edited by dragonpuck

I'm not getting a bred egg image ( have to agree that if this is intentional ,it's not really of benefit.) I do not have the new view though---

Same with me, been happening all day. Just double check your scroll once you get the message. I'm sure TJ is working on the failed image loading but as long as you do in fact get the egg there shouldn't be any other problems.

Same. Here's hoping TJ isn't working on a full rollout of the new view.

I am unable to remove any of my dragons' names. I can name or rename just fine. But if I try to remove a name, after clicking Ok on the prompt I get a blank page (in Firefox), or 503 error (in Chrome) and my dragon remains named. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Same here.

I'm not getting a bred egg image ( have to agree that if this is intentional ,it's not really  of benefit.) I do not have the new  view though---

And this too.

*sigh* Why all the changes? The old view was fine...

*sigh* Why all the changes? The old view was fine...

That's what I keep saying. Changes are nice sometimes. but IF IT AIN'T BROKE, WHY FIX IT?

Sigh.

That's what I keep saying. Changes are nice sometimes. but IF IT AIN'T BROKE, WHY FIX IT?

Sigh.

Just because something is not broke doesn't mean it can't be improved.

~

Now, please. Guys, this has already been taken to the Cave Feedback thread. Please continue discussion there. It does not belong in Help.

Is this still happening? Every breeding?

I did some test breeding and ran into no issue myself.

Every breeding for me too - and NOT with the new layout, which was where it started.

I just tested a pair and it's still happening. Gonna assume it's still every breeding since it affected something like 7-8 breedings yesterday.

The same happened to me today for the three eggs that were produced. I figure it is just a bug that will be fixed eventually.

Every breeding for me too - and NOT with the new layout, which was where it started.

This is true for me, I forgot to add that I do not have the new layout either.

I do not have the new view, either, but this is happening to me. I just gave up trying to breed through my available Z dragons because the process is taking over twice as long per breeding as usual. I am trying for z codes and most of the eggs I breed will not have them and therefore get abandoned. I used to be able to just click on the egg and then on the actions and abandon it. Easy peasy! Now I have to click on one of the parents, then on the progeny link before I even know what I got. I hope this is a glitch that gets fixed quickly. I can't imagine that it is an intended thing.

Edited by purplehaze

yup, every breeding- unless there isn't an egg of course

Yes Sock, but sometimes, improvement is not really needed, either.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Sometimes the system push an update. It's not just the site that is updated regularly, the server system, the code sourcing is always updating too. Just as 2 examples, firefox updates to fix possible errors or improve performance or java update because the programming had security flaws or needed minor fixes. Every time that something like this updates, TJ is forced to verify his own code and system to see if needs to be adjusted or he is forced to update something to keep it compatible.

So not always changes happens because TJ WANTS to make changes, but because he NEEDED to make these changes to keep the site running.

Edited by danicast

I'm getting this too. I really hope this gets fixed before Valentine breeding starts.

The same thing is happening to me as well, and I don't have the new view page or anything.

It wasn't happening yesterday however

I'm getting this too. I really hope this gets fixed before Valentine breeding starts.

It's going to be tough "choosing one to keep...."

Guys, I don't know where to ask, but maybe someone here can help me... So each time I wanted to abandon an egg, I had to type in my password, click 'accept' and then a little window popped out about how this action was irreversible and so on. It was ok for me, no problems whatsoever. BUT, ehh curiosity killed a cat I guess, there was also someting along the lines 'click here if you want to disable pop-up messages' written in Polish, so I guess more of a Chrome alert than a DC one. And, silly me, I clicked it. Now I can't abandon anything because this little window with a warning doesn't appear. Is there a way to undo it? I honestly have a little knowledge about computers and Internet, for me it is true magic, so I am terrified.

It's going to be tough "choosing one to keep...."

Nah, you can still choose which one to keep via your scroll's /view/ page. If that's a huge concern, fogging everything before breeding will leave you with just the 1-4 freshly bred eggs showing.

Guys, I don't know where to ask, but maybe someone here can help me... So each time I wanted to abandon an egg, I had to type in my password, click 'accept' and then a little window popped out about how this action was irreversible and so on. It was ok for me, no problems whatsoever. BUT, ehh curiosity killed a cat I guess, there was also someting along the lines 'click here if you want to disable pop-up messages' written in Polish, so I guess more of a Chrome alert than a DC one. And, silly me, I clicked it. Now I can't abandon anything because this little window with a warning doesn't appear. Is there a way to undo it? I honestly have a little knowledge about computers and Internet, for me it is true magic, so I am terrified.

I'm pretty sure that's a DC thing; someone else had that happen fairly recently. Try clearing cache & cookies. If that doesn't work, restart your browser.

If it's actually a Chrome setting, it should be under Settings -> Show Advanced Settings -> Content Settings -> scroll down to Popups -> Manage Exceptions. (Note: my version of Chrome is old af. The setting may be located somewhere slightly different for you.)

I had that happen a while ago. I think I changed setting on DC from password to action then changed it back again to fix it.