TJ09

2015-07-26 - July Release

One adult so far! biggrin.gif Gorgeous sprite! I can't wait to see what it looks like when it glows. smile.gif Thanks spriters and TJ!

Male Spirit Ward's looking really nice! I'm looking forward to the glowy version.

If they do it or not, the male sure looks like he can keep an evil spirit away!

Thank you spriters and TJ for one very fierce new dragon. biggrin.gif

Edited by bigbite100

The male looks pretty cool. It's a little hard to see his details, but that's okay. Now to wait for the female.

ooh, i love them! i can't wait to see what the females look like.

I can't wait to see female, adult male is amazing! I'm glad they'll be available not only during Halloween smile.gif

Just egglocked myself again with these snazzy Spirit Chasers! Not too shabby for hotel WiFi!

Beautiful adult and I love the name and description.

Spirit Ward Dragons are a special breed that ward off evil spirits—at least, that’s what the legends say. During nighttime festivals, people love to see these dragons, because they believe that the dragons guard against evil spirits. The dragons are dark-colored, but glow with a flame-colored internal light that has an intensity that they control.

Spirit! Aha! Spirit! See? I told you so! tongue.gif

Anyway, what a gorgeous adult! Love it! Can't wait to see the females as well. smile.gif

I like it...I guess? I mean I can't really see anything unless I blow it up majorly, have my face inches from the screen or angle my head a certain way. What I can see is nice but I don't think I'll be hoarding something that I have to strain to see.

Wait, if these were meant to be Halloween dragons, and they are in the cave now, what will we get for Halloween? ohmy.gif

I'm with DTF on this one, I like what I see but its really really hard to see.... But I'm going to wait to pass final judgement till I see the night forms. Those have glowy bits I think, so maybe they'll be easier to see the features on?

Cheers!

C4.

I like it...I guess? I mean I can't really see anything unless I blow it up majorly, have my face inches from the screen or angle my head a certain way. What I can see is nice but I don't think I'll be hoarding something that I have to strain to see.

Same here. I think their dark purple is great but I would have gretly appreciated a little more highligts here and there, just to make lighter shades. I like their pose and their background and maybe the glow-form will be nicer! Can't wait to see it (and the female).

I wonder how big is this dragn if compared with an human? I mean, their heads and necks are very big compared to the rest of their body, I suppose this is a small breed or they would have problems to fly.

Edit: they reminds me bats smile.gif

Edited by Naruhina_94

Wait, if these were meant to be Halloween dragons, and they are in the cave now, what will we get for Halloween? ohmy.gif

Something else? I'm guessing that TJ has multiple really nice concepts at the moment, and probably chose to release this one as a regular because he liked it a lot but liked a different Halloween concept more.

Cheers!

C4.

I'm happy these weren't chosen as Halloween dragons, we already have the Cavern Lurkers as dark-purple Halloween theme, I wish to see something very original and unique this year wink.gif Maybe something green like a swamp dragon? that would be cool xd.png

Edited by Naruhina_94

Ooh, the adult males are magnificent. I can't wait to see the adult females and the "glowing" forms of each.

Great job, spriters! And thank you, TJ, for this release!

I'm with you guys, can't really see anything. I have two monitors with different contrasts, and in both of them it's a paint to know what's going on. I didn't even realized (I think) the dragon had the belly up until I put my face cm from the monitor. Until that moment I thought that was the back. More contrast, a few more highlights, would surely do this dragon a favor.

Oh, I'm loving the adult male sprite! I always loved purple colors in general, and I like that despite they're somewhat intimidating appearance, they're considers protectors against evil. Didn't expect that! And it might just be my settings, but I don't have too much difficulty seeing the sprite details. Though it's probably not a bad idea to lighten them a bit if lots of people are having a hard time making them out. D:

Can't wait to see the female! I'll be collecting a good number of these, I like them a lot. 💕

Love them, but...

"Spirit Ward Dragons are a special breed ...."

Wait. They're not wyverns? *Looks at art again* They look like wyverns?

Wait. They're not wyverns? *Looks at art again* They look like wyverns?

Nebulas don't have "wyvern" in the name either, so it doesn't appear to be required.

The description is great, and I kinda want more of them just for that, but as for the sprite... Not every dragon can be my new favorite; I'd never be able to accumulate enough if they were. I am not saying I don't like them. They are beautiful, and I've got two pairs rather than my completionist requirement of one breeding pair. They just don't fit my scroll aesthetic. I only horde certain shades of blue and green.

Still... Thanks, spriters! We really appreciate your hard work.

Edited by SilverGreeneye