Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

Found 6 Ribbon Dancer/Golden Wyvern checkers in the AP just now. Only 1 is unrelated to my bunch ...

It looks like I forgot to breed all of my nicely lineaged snows this year 😕 

On Christmas day I bred my winter magis with eluxes as a sort of "what would that look like" experiment, because I wasn't doing any lineages with them this year and they're not really a favorite for me among all the other holiday breeds. But that pairing turned out to be gorgeous, and I bred them while locked because I didn't plan to keep any. Now I'm digging through the AP seeing if anyone else had the same idea but it seems I was the only one. Oops XD Gonna have to put that on the list for next year.

Edit: Complain on the forums and ye shall receive! I found one!

Edited by Amberfly

Been busy and offline and missed all my trade offers OTL
Of course they were already gone when I was able to check

AHHH also missed the last of the holidays in the AP because of work T^T

Edited by Mochi

Got a no-egg result (using fertility) from the final pairing in a lineage project. No big deal in and of itself, but a little disappointing all the same because this project took way longer than I expected and I really liked the idea of the final egg being laid on New Year's Day.

Been waiting all day on a trade for anyone without an Aeon Wyvern. The longer I waited, the more I hoped to finally getting one, but it apparently went to someone else or the owner cancelled the trade. :(

and a couple of kind and generous cave members contacted me after this post...<3

Edited by dragongrrl
Additional related info

I wanted a F Holly for freezing. Got a trade accepted for 3 Hollies, perffect candidates, ALL turned male....ughh I guess I'm left without one for another year

I finally decided to poke at my on-hold 'lyrical' lineage plans again. Got the wrong color Baikala egg *again*, and confirmed that pairing probably won't ever give me the color I need, meaning I need to re-breed an earlier gen to try a new pairing there. Tried to kill off the stubborn adult that won't breed right, of course it dodged. 

The classic: missed a CB gold. Doesn't happen to me too often, though, because I never see any CB golds to miss.

12 hours ago, Varislapsi said:

The classic: missed a CB gold. Doesn't happen to me too often, though, because I never see any CB golds to miss.

Came here to say the same thing. Missed one a few hours ago when hunting in the Forest. :dry:

ETA I literally just seen another CB Gold and of course missed it too! Two in less than ten hours, why! 😭 Worst. Luck. Ever.

Edited by LadyLoki
edited to add

On 1/3/2021 at 8:24 PM, HeatherMarie said:

I finally decided to poke at my on-hold 'lyrical' lineage plans again. Got the wrong color Baikala egg *again*, and confirmed that pairing probably won't ever give me the color I need, meaning I need to re-breed an earlier gen to try a new pairing there. Tried to kill off the stubborn adult that won't breed right, of course it dodged. 

Still having bad luck here! Re-bred the earlier gen to replace the one that wouldn't breed right, it grew up, tried breeding it..... You guess it, wrong color again!! Is there some trick to getting the Baikala color you want? I know that this combination (male green x female blue) *can* produce blue, it's possible, because I've done the 2nd-gens successfully. Just breeding this dang 3rd-gen is proving to be extremely difficult!

Missed a 2nd gen prize on the AP because I wasn't alert. 😿

I keep accidently grabbing random cb eggs from the alpine or forest because i accidently double clicked and have to wait 5 hours :- )

edit: just happened again :'))

Edited by HowDelightful

i have a cb pair that i bred a dusk pygmy from no problem for the head of a lineage i intended to deadline with them, but i wanted another dusk from them so i could do a different lineage as well as the first one i planned (since that was a lyrical lineage), and...

https://dragcave.net/progeny/I6678

they'd really rather not give me another dusk. they know i'm trying to kill them after they do! im telling you, thats why theyre not giving me another! i swear, every week its either an egg thats one of their breeds, or no egg. 😪

(also, for that same lyrical lineage i'm working on, the top half of the arrow shape went smoothly, but the bottom half is STUBBORN. no eggs every week, and i didnt think id need to re-breed so i killed the parents of the dusk i needed already. sigh...)

Been breeding my Stats as much as possible trying to get another Stat, continue getting only other Xenos from the breedings... Then while breeding Valentine-kin for the AP, what do I get? Yup! I got a Staterae egg! Thankfully I had space so it wasn't auto-abandoned, but I'm miffed. Deliberately breeding messies for weeks trying to get a messy Stat, and now I have a 3rd-gen stairstep Stat. (I mean, I'm definitely keeping it, but dang.)

I normally have pretty good luck with my prizes but the minute I need them for gifts they decide to quit on me. *shakes fist* I'm on a time-frame here!

Also haven't been having any luck with my Stat either. I hope my holiday breeding luck doesn't end up this poor

I was gifted an egg I need for a lineage project just before I went to bed last night, when I woke up this morning it was sick with over 1k views. I've fogged and warded it but it's still sick and now the ward's worn off

Can´t the ratios of Celestials be much better? seriously, I bred nearly 20 checkers with Celestials and got only 2 or 3 eggs out of all of them, which is really disappointing when you can breed the pair only once a month... It doesn´t even need to be a multiclutch, but 1 egg a month would be really nice...

Purples came off cooldown so I did a lot of test breeds yesterday, and they went pretty well with two exceptions. The long-gen yulebuck x balloon pair that I actually needed an egg from gave me a no interest even with fertility, and the long gen garland x gaia gave me, instead of a gaia, a staterae. Which auto-abandoned. Because why have egg spaces when I'm test breeding. I've never managed to breed a stat before unless one of the parents is also a stat. Of course it had to happen this time.

In the final stages of a personal lineage project, and one of my pairings seems determined not to give me the correct breed offspring! 😆😭 *sighs*

image.png.3659a48236959ecb400463fc26162643.png

Edited by foreverlokied224

Just saw my first paper in the cave since being back on DC after 5-6 years and I missed it 😩

Last night 3 refusal for less then 5 minutes ( thankfully not important pairs )

Before few days again no GON. My boy is alone from almost 1 year ... whit over 20 trios of kind. No logic here.

Messed up aeon breeding 3 even gen whit 5 even gen, instead of another 3 gen. Abounded it from shame.