Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

WHY?

Oh well, because I used Fertility on the wrong pair...

Yes... and of course the NEWEST breed gives me a refusal...

refusal.PNG

Edited by Seriva Senkalora

Missed an Obidar just because my computer decided it needs to do an update RIGHT NOW and delay exactly THIS ONE CLICK ...

Again.... People.... 2gs are Not Messy! 2gs *cannot* be 'messy'! Why do people keep offering 2gs when I ask for *messy* lineages? So frustrating to see a notification and get all hopeful and then look it's a 2g again.

edit: Complaining works, lol. Got an awesomely messy offer not long after I posted this!

Edited by HeatherMarie

On 1/26/2021 at 6:14 PM, HeatherMarie said:

In the past few years it's become a strange problem for me that I seem to get very 'lucky' with the 'alt lottery' when I *don't* want alts. Just hatched two beautifully-messy Vines and *both* are alts! Seriously?

Oh, man, I have this "curse of luck" too!  It's practically a guarantee that any time I try to breed an Undine mate for a holiday dragon, it turns into a gold Undine.   I just want a plain old Green Undine to make the checker look good...  where's all this alt luck when I'm breeding PB Undines?!

A little less drastic than what some of the users here have been experiencing, but I'm building a staircase with Deep Seas and Stratoses, and every time I'm on the hunt for another Deep Sea, I just cannot find one. They're not anywhere near being rare or even uncommon, but it's often several days of hunting and going through the AP before I find one. It's probably just confirmation bias (or the opposite of it, I know there's a specific term for this effect but I forget its name) but definitely a very bemusing one. It makes it exciting, though.

My current bad luck is that I was AP hunting and trying to concentrate on a game on my TV screen at the same time and bloody missed a CB PRIZE dragon! I want to cry lol.

4 hours ago, Bambi said:

My current bad luck is that I was AP hunting and trying to concentrate on a game on my TV screen at the same time and bloody missed a CB PRIZE dragon! I want to cry lol.

38 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Woah! :blink: Who would drop something like that?!

Maybe the same player who dropped Luckiest Catch all those years ago. That was an amazing AP find and I don't remember that anyone ever came forward to say whether they accidentally or deliberately APed the egg.

Not sure if this qualifies as "bad" luck, but every time I breed a Pillow x Electric dragon.. the resulting egg(s) get sick as soon as I put them up in a hatchery. I only use 1 hatchery. Thankfully, I am home a lot now and don't loose them. But, it is frustrating and kind of funny. 😅 Not sure if it is a curious bystander or what, but all others usually don't get sick or if they do it is just once and it is done. MOST of the time... during the day... my "thunder-fluff" eggs will get sick at least 3 times or more. I am more entertained than mad about it. 🙂

Seriously, doesn't anyone remember that eggs need NO clicks to successfully grow up? I am having a very hard time raising any zero-click dragons since my return in November. I used to have a rate of 2/3 or better for zero clicks and now I'm down to 7 out of the 185 I've raised since the first of the year. I was well on my way to having 50 percent of my scroll raised with no clicks. Now, not so good. It's very discouraging for my 0-click goals.

Come on, guys! Just let the viewers run. Don't click the growing eggs and hatchlings. They don't need it.

4 hours ago, dragongrrl said:

Seriously, doesn't anyone remember that eggs need NO clicks to successfully grow up? I am having a very hard time raising any zero-click dragons since my return in November. I used to have a rate of 2/3 or better for zero clicks and now I'm down to 7 out of the 185 I've raised since the first of the year. I was well on my way to having 50 percent of my scroll raised with no clicks. Now, not so good. It's very discouraging for my 0-click goals.

Come on, guys! Just let the viewers run. Don't click the growing eggs and hatchlings. They don't need it.

Clicking on things in hatcheries is how most people unlock their encyclopaedia these days. The eggs may not strictly need the clicks, but the people clicking do. :) Sorry to hear it's interfering with your playstyle, though!

13 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

Clicking on things in hatcheries is how most people unlock their encyclopaedia these days. The eggs may not strictly need the clicks, but the people clicking do. :) Sorry to hear it's interfering with your playstyle, though!

Thank you for the info. I didn't think about it that way.

I've only clicked hatchlings posted in the encyclopedia thread just to avoid clicking where it wasn't requested. I should probably group and  post my freezer section there for people looking for more hatchlings.

current bad luck for me is that for some reason my eggs keep getting sick randomly and out of no where and then it seems to last FOREVER practically.

Like is it just me or do eggs seem to be getting sick really fast and stay sick for far to long and hatchlings are taking longer then normal to mature and turn to adults?
I had a matured hatchling thats at 2 days til death and yet it was a little over 10K views.
It had matured pretty quickly, but once it matured/had its gender, its took almost forever to turn into an adult. I almost had to freeze it just to prevent it from dieing.

And i had four eggs that are all just under 2K views with five days. And they've been sick and hidden since the moment their timer turned to six days.
I even lost two eggs within the span of them getting sick for five minutes practically.

1 hour ago, DragonRider102 said:

And i had four eggs that are all just under 2K views with five days. And they've been sick and hidden since the moment their timer turned to six days.

You gave them all those stats too early. Since they cannot even hatch before they reach 4 days, it doesn't help a lot to give them any stats during the first 24 hours.

2 hours ago, DragonRider102 said:

current bad luck for me is that for some reason my eggs keep getting sick randomly and out of no where and then it seems to last FOREVER practically.

Like is it just me or do eggs seem to be getting sick really fast and stay sick for far to long and hatchlings are taking longer then normal to mature and turn to adults?
I had a matured hatchling thats at 2 days til death and yet it was a little over 10K views.
It had matured pretty quickly, but once it matured/had its gender, its took almost forever to turn into an adult. I almost had to freeze it just to prevent it from dieing.

I even lost two eggs within the span of them getting sick for five minutes practically.

what ruby eyes said! also, try waiting a little while before posting your eggs anywhere, and if you use multiple sites, try not to post them all at once. i usually wait at least 5 or 6 hours after i catch/breed an egg to post it anywhere and usually only go for one site (good ol' AoND!) and mine have been hatching fine for forever :P 

eggs will not die within five minutes of getting sick. i know that this was likely an exaggeration, but still..! ive tried to deliberately kill eggs by loading them into many sites as soon as therye caught/laid and they still take ages to die on me.. my advice is keep a closer eye on them and be careful where youre putting them, especially when theyre so young! 

eggs/hatchlings wont grow or hatch until they are around the "4 days until death" time or lower, and hatching mostly depends on the views they get within that span. some people i know wait until their eggs are at that day to even start putting their eggs into hatcheries, but i'm impatient, and ive found that the way i do it (waitint 5-6 hours, or  if i forget/go to sleep, a full day) until i put them anywhere. hope this helps!

So far during this year's V-day AP wall I've found six pretty messies.... And four of those are breeds I don't actually need any more of. I know it's always harder to find messies of the more recent breeds, but just seeing Soulstones-and-newer seems surprisingly uncommon. 

14 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

You gave them all those stats too early. Since they cannot even hatch before they reach 4 days, it doesn't help a lot to give them any stats during the first 24 hours.

13 hours ago, InvaderAlexis said:

what ruby eyes said! also, try waiting a little while before posting your eggs anywhere, and if you use multiple sites, try not to post them all at once. i usually wait at least 5 or 6 hours after i catch/breed an egg to post it anywhere and usually only go for one site (good ol' AoND!) and mine have been hatching fine for forever :P 

eggs will not die within five minutes of getting sick. i know that this was likely an exaggeration, but still..! ive tried to deliberately kill eggs by loading them into many sites as soon as therye caught/laid and they still take ages to die on me.. my advice is keep a closer eye on them and be careful where youre putting them, especially when theyre so young! 

eggs/hatchlings wont grow or hatch until they are around the "4 days until death" time or lower, and hatching mostly depends on the views they get within that span. some people i know wait until their eggs are at that day to even start putting their eggs into hatcheries, but i'm impatient, and ive found that the way i do it (waitint 5-6 hours, or  if i forget/go to sleep, a full day) until i put them anywhere. hope this helps!

I'll definitely have to change up my game plan then and see if tmy bad luck with sickness changes then and definitely keep all this in mind.

BTW tho. Invader, love your icon. Oboro's best  boi.

53 minutes ago, DragonRider102 said:

BTW tho. Invader, love your icon. Oboro's best  boi.

eee!! thank you soo much! im so glad you recognize... not many people do :P my favorite is shinso, super excited to see him next season. :) 

My bad luck is my own making - I've become very picky about what lineages I'll pick up from the AP and so while I got lucky Monday and snagged eight beauties in about fifteen minutes, I've spent an hour now and only just got my first keeper. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and others would love these dragons, but I'm getting a bit frustrated at not finding many eggs to add to my scroll. 

There's no sweetlings in the AR! I have 5 open slots waiting!  Complaining will make them show up, right?

Edit: It worked, I grabbed 4 eggs since I posted. XD

Edited by Chaosdawn

6 hours ago, Chaosdawn said:

There's no sweetlings in the AR! I have 5 open slots waiting!  Complaining will make them show up, right?

Edit: It worked, I grabbed 4 eggs since I posted. XD

:lol: I love how often that works! I've deliberately complained here before hoping it would turn my luck around and it usually does. (Speaking of which, since my last post up there I've found multiple awesome messies of breeds I actually still need, including a surprisingly messy Erador!)

I wish there were more players like you, @HeatherMarie. I'm saying that for totally selfish reasons: The number of messy BREEDERS is sadly much higher than the number of messy COLLECTORS and thus, the AP is frustrating me greatly this season :(

7 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I wish there were more players like you, @HeatherMarie. I'm saying that for totally selfish reasons: The number of messy BREEDERS is sadly much higher than the number of messy COLLECTORS and thus, the AP is frustrating me greatly this season :(

You see eggs with a nice clean lineage then one parent is a totally random CB.