Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

2 hours ago, quinney said:

By 'practically anything' I think along the lines of CB Gold and especially Neglected. I though those were what we all strived for.

That is EXACTLY what I refer to as a kidney and a firstborn. Those things are not really available for many players. I myself haven't seen any Gold in the cave for ages. Neglecteds? I was lucky to get some gifted so I would never ever trade them. There isn't really anything more expensive here in the cave. Hence, a kidney and a firstborn.

Looks like I picked another unfortunate common/common pairing. Why are Tsunamis so uncommon these days? *sighs*

And I missed an Aso in the Coast

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I'm unable to make any public trades because I apparently violated the trading rules several times. (I made a suggestion post to make the rules more specific because I've had others agree that it's ungodly vague, however it seems to have just died :/)

Because of this ^ I post on the forums and in the official and unofficial Discord, but I try to always make sure that anyone can offer on my Prize. I usually ask for a bloodswap (of either breed or a 2G x Desipis since that's what I need), and then I also say that if you PM me I'm okay with trading for like 4-6 Astaarus hatchies or 3 or 4 CB Autumns. Even with wanting things like this, I rarely get a single offer. I've not once yet asked for a CB Gold or Neglected so it's not all Prize owners just "living in their own world".

It's up to personal opinion on whether or not people offer or what they find important, but man I've had some bad luck with trading overall. :(

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

That is EXACTLY what I refer to as a kidney and a firstborn. Those things are not really available for many players. I myself haven't seen any Gold in the cave for ages. Neglecteds? I was lucky to get some gifted so I would never ever trade them. There isn't really anything more expensive here in the cave. Hence, a kidney and a firstborn.

Looks like I picked another unfortunate common/common pairing. Why are Tsunamis so uncommon these days? *sighs*

And I missed an Aso in the Coast

Well, I'd stop worrying about your bodyparts and family if I were you. As you can see from posts, Prize dragons do not carry any clout anymore. On the odd occasions I breed mine now, it's for a gift.

1 hour ago, quinney said:

Well, I'd stop worrying about your bodyparts and family if I were you. As you can see from posts, Prize dragons do not carry any clout anymore. On the odd occasions I breed mine now, it's for a gift.

I'm not worrying about anything, I was simply trying to explain why at least some people, ME included, SIMPLY STOPPED LOOKING at trades of 2nd gen prizes. There is a limit of frustration one can bear, and for me, that has been reached a long time ago. This is a matter of self-protection, especially considering that this is supposed to be a game, a stress-reliever, not another source for stress.

I am aware that many prize OWNERS are actually reasonable, or even so kind that they gift Prize offspring (it's how I got a few, too).

But we were talking about TRADERS, specifically those that appear to make the majority of Prize trades - probably for reasons @pinkgothic pointed out.

The vast majority of 2g Prize trades I see in the hub are asking *only* for 'bloodswaps' or such, or multiple CB Silvers/Golds, or Neglected. I like to page through the hub often just to see what's up, and those are still the most common asks. So sure, while plenty of Prize owners are generous and either gift or trade for a handful of commons, the majority of trades on the *hub* are still ridiculously unobtainable for most of us. 

My current bad luck is that apparently like 95% of all my low-gen Thuweds are male. Spent a good hour hunting down same-gen mates today for the 'Thankful for DC' mass-breed. Guess this is what happens when you've played for 10+ years and never kept track of low-gens!

Edit: Also, offered on a trade I really really want, been over 30 hours now with no response. Argh.

Edited by HeatherMarie

In the last week and a half, I have seen 5 Xenos, 1 Silver, 2 Thunders, 1 Magma, 1 Ice, 3 Lunar Heralds, 2 Blusangs, and 9 Firegems in the Cave.

I have not seen a single Siyat egg.

None have been offered on any of my trades, either, no matter what I've put out there, and the only 2 CB Siyats I've seen up for trade were a couple of hatchlings of the wrong color.

Has something drastic happened to the ratios?  Are Siyats now a seasonal breed?  How have they gone from "so abundant they sit in the biomes" a few weeks ago to "can't find one lousy egg in 11 days of searching"? 

Edited by sorenna

My CB Stateraes keep giving me the wrong eggs! It's always a Xeno fail, almost never a common and most certainly isn't a Staterae. :D I just wanna make a nice checker with y'all.

Been breeding a pair every week (except Halloween) since September 10, using fertility every time, and they still haven't produced an egg. And, of course, it's for someone else, so my frustration and disappointment is doubled. Also, it's a holiday checker, so there's an urgency to get a mate. Feeling like fertility is completely worthless at this point. :dry:

3 hours ago, Shala said:

Been breeding a pair every week (except Halloween) since September 10, using fertility every time, and they still haven't produced an egg. And, of course, it's for someone else, so my frustration and disappointment is doubled. Also, it's a holiday checker, so there's an urgency to get a mate. Feeling like fertility is completely worthless at this point. :dry:

I feel you! I've been breeding a Gold x Autumn pair for over a year and have only gotten one Gold towards the beginning that I gifted away. Regretting that now since I'm needing one to breed with another checker before Autumn is over. 😔 Rarely get an egg at all from them, even with fertility.

am trying to kill a hatchie for zombie attempts by view bombing it because waiting for natural death takes so long. It was sick as an egg and started sick as a hatchling but still hasn't died and I;m about to go the bed and can't continue refreshing my scroll page to max out its OV : / Looks like it's not gonna die

On 12/1/2020 at 2:01 PM, Shala said:

Oof, same here. I have someone waiting on an egg request for a Christmas checker and the pair hasn't given me an egg from the common parent since 2016. I mean I usually only breed them a couple times a year, and I took at least one hiatus in there, but still.

15 hours ago, Moriaty said:

am trying to kill a hatchie for zombie attempts by view bombing it because waiting for natural death takes so long. It was sick as an egg and started sick as a hatchling but still hasn't died and I;m about to go the bed and can't continue refreshing my scroll page to max out its OV : / Looks like it's not gonna die

I've been viewbombing that with.... lemme count... 11 tabs since 7:45AM this morning.

It's now 8:22PM.

Still not dead.

15 minutes ago, aegagrusScholarship said:

I've been viewbombing that with.... lemme count... 11 tabs since 7:45AM this morning.

It's now 8:22PM.

Still not dead.

Oh wow thank you so much for helping out! I've put it in every hatchery I could think of and its OV is literally 1k away from being the dragon with maximum OV on my entire scroll (the current max being a neglected that was old enough that it wouldn't get sick) and well, here we are....

sickness death is really a lot harder than I thought, i feel like he's just gonna stay sick all the way until he grows up : /

14 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

Oh wow thank you so much for helping out! I've put it in every hatchery I could think of and its OV is literally 1k away from being the dragon with maximum OV on my entire scroll (the current max being a neglected that was old enough that it wouldn't get sick) and well, here we are....

sickness death is really a lot harder than I thought, i feel like he's just gonna stay sick all the way until he grows up : /

Well, at least I can stop panicking when my hatchlings get sick :]

(I had a Cassare that got sick four times in half an hour before I gave up and fogged him until the 4d mark. Serves me right for naming him after that particular character, though.)

Hopefully your hatchi dies soon, though, though I bet DC desire sensor will strike and not kill it anyways. 

Why on earth do I always breed eggs for people whey they still show in the "Who's online" list as being online and then they just disappear from the list and leave me with the egg I bred to lock me up? *grumbles*

Update on Moriaty's hatchling!

8 tabs of autorefresher with the hatchling entered 8 times over set to refresh once every 10 milliseconds since 12:32PM cave time. 

11:28PM now.

Still not dead.

On the flip side of trading, I've been trying to trade CB Neglecteds for 2G Prizes and it's like pulling teeth. And lately I've been asking for them from Pitfires - I'm not even asking for a common mate! 

I have just been so frustrated with the hub lately. My only guess is people don't use the search function hardly at all - I'll post a trade then 2 hours later someone bred their prize to their random holiday choice (of course, not the holiday I am seeking) asking for a neglected 🙄

3 hours ago, aegagrusScholarship said:

Update on Moriaty's hatchling!

8 tabs of autorefresher with the hatchling entered 8 times over set to refresh once every 10 milliseconds since 12:32PM cave time. 

11:28PM now.

Still not dead.

I just noticed that its OV is more than 15 times its UV too, something must've lagged or glitched while we're trying to autorefresh it.

He's gonna grow up in 14 hours, and is actually already the dragon with the most OV on my entire scroll : / When and if he grows up I'm gonna name him A True Surviver - not doing that rn for the slim hope that it might die in this last couple of hours and wouldn't want to lose the name...

I want a red gemshard baby please.

But all I get are green and blue ones...

Holiday season is coming, why did I forget to try for a mate?

Now I need to hurry and all they give me is the wrong color... 😕

13 hours ago, Moriaty said:

When and if he grows up I'm gonna name him A True Surviver - not doing that rn for the slim hope that it might die in this last couple of hours and wouldn't want to lose the name...

Better get naming then!
Three days straight of viewbombing. Hatchlings are stupidly resilient, it turns out. 

6 minutes ago, aegagrusScholarship said:

Three days straight of viewbombing. Hatchlings are stupidly resilient, it turns out. 

So far I have never managed to get a hatchie killed by view-bombing either.  They are really sturdy, it seems.

Edited by Astreya

13 hours ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

I want a red gemshard baby please.

But all I get are green and blue ones...

Holiday season is coming, why did I forget to try for a mate?

Now I need to hurry and all they give me is the wrong color... 😕

I can try my Hollies, if you PM me to let me know when you're online! 

I know the frustration of Holiday x Gemshard lineages.  :D