Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

Breeding some eggs that I needed to keep for myself to continue lineages, one of them was an egg from a special RA x Desipis pairing. Except my RA's multi-proven desipis mate was randomly at the bottom of his breeding list instead of the top, and the dragon at the top is a completely different mate from a one-time pairing and I rely on muscle memory so now a whole year went down the drain. >_< Why does DC randomly throw holiday mates at the bottom of the breeding list like that? It acted like this pair had previously rejected each other and sorted them as such even though that's not happened. It did the same thing to some of my other proven holiday x holiday pairs this year too, but not all, so it's pretty frustrating.

15 minutes ago, Terces said:

Why does DC randomly throw holiday mates at the bottom of the breeding list like that? It acted like this pair had previously rejected each other and sorted them as such even though that's not happened. It did the same thing to some of my other proven holiday x holiday pairs this year too, but not all, so it's pretty frustrating.

Sorry to hear that :(

TJ changed how Holiday breeding works two years ago when there was a big discussions about hidden refusals for holiday breedings:

* Fertility will not be removed from pairs during event breeding, since it has no effect anyways.

* Pair compatibility will be completely ignored during event breeding. This means that new pairs that breed during an event but would refuse otherwise will not be marked as such after the event, potentially wasting a breeding (if you breed them and they refuse anyways) but allowing the use of fertility after the event.

See full post here:

I remember that post but I'm not sure it has to do with this as some pairs have this problem but some don't. Some pairs show their holiday mate up at the top with other mates, but some of them have the holiday mate at the very bottom like a rejection. If two dragons successfully produce eggs they should be sorted with other successful mates at the top 100% of the time, it's silly to go scrolling around on the breeding page to make sure I don't 'miss' a previous mate. IMO the only dragons that belong on the bottom of that page are dragons that can't ever produce together (non-holidays that reject each other) so holiday mates should never be on the bottom anyway.

39 minutes ago, Terces said:

I remember that post but I'm not sure it has to do with this as some pairs have this problem but some don't. 

Holiday x Holiday pairs that bred before the change, has their mates at the top like it used to be. Only pairs that bred after the change behave like they never bred before. And as they only can breed together on holidays you never have the chance to breed them outside of an event and get them to the top.

For those at the bottom, could it be that you accidentaly tried them outside of their holiday season and they refused? I remember that I once bred a holiday x holiday in the false holiday season and of course they rejected :rolleyes: 

56 minutes ago, Terces said:

If two dragons successfully produce eggs they should be sorted with other successful mates at the top 100% of the time, it's silly to go scrolling around on the breeding page to make sure I don't 'miss' a previous mate. IMO the only dragons that belong on the bottom of that page are dragons that can't ever produce together (non-holidays that reject each other) so holiday mates should never be on the bottom anyway.

Totally agree! I didn't have many holiday lineages before (because you only can breed them once or twice a year). But since the change I collected only two or three new lines and stopped actively working on the others I already had. To much searching to get those breedings done when the mate isn't at the top (not to mention the chance to choose the false mate)...

2 hours ago, rinoa26 said:

Holiday x Holiday pairs that bred before the change, has their mates at the top like it used to be. Only pairs that bred after the change behave like they never bred before. And as they only can breed together on holidays you never have the chance to breed them outside of an event and get them to the top.

For those at the bottom, could it be that you accidentaly tried them outside of their holiday season and they refused? I remember that I once bred a holiday x holiday in the false holiday season and of course they rejected :rolleyes:

Totally agree! I didn't have many holiday lineages before (because you only can breed them once or twice a year). But since the change I collected only two or three new lines and stopped actively working on the others I already had. To much searching to get those breedings done when the mate isn't at the top (not to mention the chance to choose the false mate)...

I don't breed my holiday stuff much anymore (just for the holiday season + forum holidaykin mass-breed events) but anything is possible I suppose! I had about 11 pairs with mates at the bottom, and around 3 pairs with mates at the top so I'm not sure which order is normal. :blink: It definitely makes holiday breeding more of a struggle and less enjoyable, especially as the punishment for choosing the wrong mate is a long, long wait until the next year.

Can't even trade 3 CB Halloween hatchlings for a random-coded new egg. I thought it should be easy to get a Z one for those, but instead they just locked me for hours. I should have abandoned them and tried to get my new Halloweens earlier in the day. oO

(Also not sure what I think of trades with "will check back later" - I read it as "I'm going offline after posting this, so don't even bother offering if you need a fast reaction", but what do they mean by "later"? Should I just try anyway in case they mean 10 minutes? But they probably wrote that specifically to prevent people from offering and canceling before they're back...)

Edit:

Once again, complaining helps. Sure, I had to give the CBs away, but I have all the Zs I wanted now. Better late than never.  :)

Edited by Confused Cat

Missed not one, but TWO CB Staterae eggs this week while egg/scrolllocked from halloween dragons. 

Why, yes, I'm still crying over it, why do you ask?

All the dragons with zombie sprites that I didn't already have decided to dodge. Then I was thrilled to get one two-headed zombie out of four fails only to discover that I already had one

First year I somehow failed to catch the new Halloweens from the cave. Well, hopefully some folks grabbed eggs to toss to the AP again this year. :x

Bit an egg with my only 2008 Vampire so that I could trade for some new releases but of course he killed the egg instead and now that slot is useless for 24 hours. This has been my worst Halloween yet. =/

Edited by Terces

I was gifted a 2nd gen Omen from male Bronze Shimmer for returning a wrong Transfer hatchling, I was quite happy, since it is from male Bronze Shimmer like my own CB Shimmer, but of course, it is the only one in a batch of 4 to misgender ;_;

Just to save everybody else some Aeons: the four 3rd gen Marrow eggs from Marrow x Frill (parents Perd... x Spur...) that can currently be found on the AP all precog female. ALL OF THEM.

(And after searching, precogging and re-abandoning them, I found out I don't need another 3rd gen of that combination anyway. :P)

8 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

Just to save everybody else some Aeons: the four 3rd gen Marrow eggs from Marrow x Frill (parents Perd... x Spur...) that can currently be found on the AP all precog female. ALL OF THEM.

(And after searching, precogging and re-abandoning them, I found out I don't need another 3rd gen of that combination anyway. :P)

Same with that 3g Marrow Prize checker in there. :( So pretty but will misgender.

My bad luck is that i'm failing in catching those AP  Kohraki s. XD

Found the perfect checker mate in the AP, precog'd right, yay!! Then realized it was a sibling of the derg I need the mate for. **** 

ETA: Again, found a perfect checker mate in the AP, NOT a sibling, but precog'd wrong. Can't I ever catch a break? :dry:

Edited by Shala

My bad luck was completely and utterly failing to catch ANY Kohrakis that came through the AP OR Cave when I was online... Oh well there's always next year!

I caught a 2g lurker in the AP that would have let me breed a mate for my 3g checker, which then would have let me breed a mate for my 4g checker, but precog said the 2g would be the wrong gender. And then I went back to the AP and caught a sibling, which precog also said would be the wrong gender. The parents' progeny list said there was a third egg but I never found it.

I refreshed a biome page like five times, then noted the copper egg that had stood there the whole time. Well, guess if it was there anymore when I finally clicked it...

Well, one of my Nebula hatchies for a Halloween lineage miscolored.  :P

Only one out of four, though, so I can't complain too loudly.  :D  The last round of breeding I did for this lineage I only had one not miscolor!

I have been trying to trade a few CBs for like three days now, I've offered on 3 different trades (one at a time, with the same CBs) and waited 24 hours before cancelling on each of the first two, the third try is going on 13 hours with no response. I'm almost ready to just chuck them into the departures thread... *grumble*

Getting no offers on the first Silver Tinsel I bred. 😔

Been trying to trade her since the moment she was born for a mate for her brother or something. Having no luck.

Prizes are pretty, but they really are just so hard to trade since there's so many of them now.

First bite on one of my most important vampires:

image.png.f32e99c64914c058d13c1d16fbb2dd8f.png

Even a kill would've been better. Here's to hoping I manage to fish it out of the AP later.