Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

Finally saw my first CB Gold!

... And completely missed it because I hesitated, briefly wondering if it was a Lunar Herald. I'm happy to finally see one, but man, that one really stings. 💔

Oof, man- to top it off, a cute little Tinsel hatchie I traded for misgendered. I had this gut feeling I shouldn't trust an ungendered hatchie, but I hoped for the best- didn't work out at all. Well, it's not too far in, maybe I can alternate the lineage and still make it pretty...

Edited by Tokoro

Breeding my Christmas pairs, and just got my first refusal on a fertility boost. :wacko: I've been breeding for years, and regularly use fertility on first pairings, including out-of-season pairs like this one. I didn't even realize that there was a chance of this happening anymore! Thank goodness it was a holiday pairing that I can still breed in-season.

tl;dr Fertility Fail! :dry:

56 minutes ago, Shala said:

Thank goodness it was a holiday pairing that I can still breed in-season.

Probably a stupid question, but are *both* dragons a holiday breed?

Nope, just posted in TLQ, because I've now had two fertility fails, nearly in a row - red-finned tidal x wrapping wing and chrono x aegis. :dry:

Edited by Shala

For the past two weeks I have bred about 11 Gold x Desipis pairs and gotten no eggs even with the use of fertility. Wow. :dry:

My eggs and hatchies have suddenly started getting a lot more views than they usually do, sometimes even before I add them anywhere. It feels like there's an unwanted helper. (This never happened to me before...) In addition, some are maturing and growing up with less views than before, so all this combined, trading and gifting have become quite difficult!

I missed a CB silver only because it's such a rare sight that I couldn't recognise it. :( The egg was there for ages while I went through the other biomes but obviously not anymore when I clicked it...

It took me two days and a lot of work to get four CB umbras for a trade for something I'd really have loved. Apparently they accepted someone else's offer. :(

While I was working, someone added my scroll to multiple click sites, I had around 13 sick hatchlings and eggs when I checked my scroll on my mobile phone, 5 still need to recover *growl*

I just forgot TWICE to fog a Siyat egg before it hatched so I could get a purple one!  Now I'm hunting for replacement Siyats and of course I haven't seen one in three days, yet I distinctly remember passing by several of them that just sat in the biome through multiple 5-min rotations two weeks ago!

Well, only now that I'm planning lineages do I realize how little CB common/uncommon dragon I have. I can't believe I don't have any CB red nebula - how did that slip my mind???

I haven't been able to trade any of my Silver Tinsel's offspring and it's honestly been a real bummer. So hard to trade 2G Prizes nowadays. :(

3 hours ago, GalacticSketch said:

I haven't been able to trade any of my Silver Tinsel's offspring and it's honestly been a real bummer. So hard to trade 2G Prizes nowadays. :(

I stopped breeding mine a long time ago for the same reason.  At one time, you could get practically anything for them.

My bad luck is that I still can't grasp the best way of getting neglected zyu's.

Funny. I, on the other hand, never bothered looking at 2g prize trades because they asked for "practically anything" including a kidney and a firstborn.

Nowadays, when I happen to stumble upon those 2g prize trades, they mostly ask for 2g prize swaps which I cannot provide, or, you know, a kidney and a firstborn. You 2g traders are just living in a different world, from my perspective.

So. Looks like I have another pair that just doesn't want to make blue offspring: https://dragcave.net/progeny/u2BDZ

I understand the green ones since the father is green. But why can't he make BLUE babies instead of RED ones whenever he doesn't make GREEN ones?!

Sort of agree with the 2G trader living in a different world thing. Most ones I see ask for prize swap, which are only open to other prize owners basically, CB gold, CB Strat, 2G Salt, or CB neglected. There are much less SAlt than prizes, and a lot of artists probably already have a lot of 2G prizes...so there's that. I also honestly think CB strat and CB gold at this point have much higher value than 2G prize since prize are more or less more common these days, and give how rare gold and strat are to find in cave it's natural that it would be hard to trade for those. CB neglected is another issue, but as someone working on neglected project and though had beginner luck with a lineaged dragon haven't really gotten the hang of it, neglecting a dragon is hard and have high fail rate and takes a lot of time & dedicated work so it honestly depends on if you're looking in the right place at the right time to get a neglected offer in trade. Dunno what you're looking for when you trade, but these are just what I see from glancing at the market now and then.

Also saying "offer" doesn't help - I auto assume they're asking for a swap, but then I don't have a prize to breed and swap with so I stop bothering.

And speaking of bad luck now, I saw a darn CB gold and missed - not because I wasn't fast enough, because I forgot I bit and killed an egg 23 hours ago and was egg locked (thought the 24 hour limit passed, it didn't). When I got to the over burdened page and went back and refreshed the page it was STILL THERE b/c I was the only person viewing desert at that rotation for some reason and I can't say how much of a heartbreak it was to see that egg get taken :( 

I caught a xeno after the dead egg 24 hour limit went away but it's still, like, fml.

Edited by Moriaty

Theres a Cb pygmy dog code up for trade that I wanted as I have a CB with the code ‘HownD’. I only come to find the scroll which the trade is on has been burned :( Goodbye great mate. 

After reading Ruby Eye's post, I'd  like to state that our ideas of 'practically anything' differ greatly.  A kidney and a firstborn? I have never wanted either.

By 'practically anything' I think along the lines of CB Gold and especially Neglected. I though those were what we all strived for.

I guess my current bad luck is wording posts wrongly.

5 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Nowadays, when I happen to stumble upon those 2g prize trades, they mostly ask for 2g prize swaps which I cannot provide, or, you know, a kidney and a firstborn. You 2g traders are just living in a different world, from my perspective.

Keep in mind that the trades you're most likely to see are the ones that are not getting any offers ;) and not the ones that are balanced - the ones that don't get offers naturally linger longer than those that do. I very much doubt what you're describing is the majority prize owner behaviour.

Speaking as someone only interested in prize swaps for my 2Gs, what would those of you who have no CB prize offer for them? I can't seem to find swaps for mine, and they're only 2G Bronze Tinsels, which there are a lot of at this point.

Most of the time I ask for a 2g swap I don't get any offers (or at least a bunch of messy something). And when I offer on a trade asking for 2g swaps my offers get decline almost every time.

So if I'm looking for a specific 2g Prize I contact the owners direktly via pm here in the forum. For me that's more successful than offering in the hub.