TJ09

2015-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 9th Birthday

Exactly.

And many of us preferred it when members overall tended more to place individual value on dragons each according to our own needs and tastes, rather than having the trade valuations overwhelm these to a point where dragons we may not be able to get at all and which we value for their sprites and breeding potential are often snatched up only as a means to something else.

Edit: must remember sticky key syndrome and get ALL of the letters in place...

And also to add that obviously the spriter can determine the rarity level of her/his created sprites, but equally obviously, those who are unable to obtain them due to a rare designation will be unhappy about it.

Hm.. I just thought of an idea that would probably make people angry, but would be more fair to more people overall-

Limit the number of rare dragons someone can catch per month. Then they're still rare, but people with a bad connection can have a chance, and the script users can't steal them all.

Anyway, I'm not particularly pleased that all of these breeds can't breed with some of my more favorite dragons, but I think I'll really like the pygmy; it's like a tiny green Charizard~

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

Is it just me, or does the two-headed dragon egg look and awful lot like Grave eggs?

None of these are Cami's projects though. oO

oh right I forgot about that one- sorry cami ilu

I meant release before last.

Hm.. I just thought of an idea that would probably make people angry, but would be more fair to more people overall-

Limit the number of rare dragons someone can catch per month. Then they're still rare, but people with a bad connection can have a chance, and the script users can't steal them all.

Anyway, I'm not particularly pleased that all of these breeds can't breed with some of my more favorite dragons, but I think I'll really like the pygmy; it's like a tiny green Charizard~

I'd be totally against limiting people on the dragons they can catch.

If they can do it, fair and square, preventing them would be unfair.

Some people are always going to be faster than others/have better systems whatever.

The problem come in when some drgons are too rare, when cheating becomes worth-while for the unscrupulous/those with no pride and/or when the 'trade fodder' issue creates an impossible situation.

A challenge is something that people can overcome with reasonable time and effort, not something they're probably doomed to fail at, at least in a family site collecting game of this nature, played for fun and relaxation..

My drawing is not that great, to precaution. But I am done screaming at tinypic, and I have a cake for the site!

So, happy 9th birthday, Dragon Cave! Take a byte!

user posted image

So, just like the last green-colored dragon release, I'mma put it here:

"I hope the green-colored dragon doesn't become a cave blocker" xd.png

Anyway, happy birthday, DC! biggrin.gif

Nice to see some new two-headed and pygmy dragons. Especially like the ghostly colors on the later ones.

But then, they will quickly become extinct. Coppers are rares and we almost never see good lines offered anywhere. It's easier to get a prize dragon in the departures thread than a copper. Coppers can be bred with any other dragon and even so, you don't see them much. Imagine now a drake or a 2 head that is rare? That can't be bred with the other dragons and are difficult to get as CB? They won't be ever seen again.

Personally I don't breed my coppers much because they breed too easily and non-CBs don't seem to be in demand at all... xd.png;;

I'm sure plenty of people will spread any rare pygmy / split love as it is desired. There are many generous people on the forums. smile.gif

My body was not ready for this release. Had to drop a CB Red Dorsal and Gemshard egg into the AP.

RIP My eggs

2015-2015

Please pray for these eggs in hopes they find a loving home, and myself, who was unprepared for the sudden drop of these new eggs.

All silliness, I'm super excited to have two of each! Obviously hoping some of these cuties are rare, but one can only dream.

~Thanks TJ and Spriters! Another amazing job~

I have 4 pygmies, 3 rosette and no rough eggs - anyone want to swap a pair of rough eggs for pygmy eggs?

I have 4 pygmies, 3 rosette and no rough eggs - anyone want to swap a pair of rough eggs for pygmy eggs?

I have one extra rough, but it's on cooldown right now.

e: Also I am SO HYPED about new pygmies! It's been a long time since we've had new ones. biggrin.gif

Double e: Wait, you can't bite any of them???? OMG SO EXCITE. *A*

Edited by Guillotine

Happy Birthday, DC! smile.gif

Thanks for new gorgeous breeds!

I have one extra rough, but it's on cooldown right now.

e: Also I am SO HYPED about new pygmies! It's been a long time since we've had new ones. biggrin.gif

Double e: Wait, you can't bite any of them???? OMG SO EXCITE. *A*

You can't bite pygmies, 2-heads, or drakes.

You can't bite pygmies, 2-heads, or drakes.

Which is precisely why I'm hyped! I wanted to see if the Rosettes were Drakes or not, and since I can't bit them, we have new drakes. New breeds of all the underrepresented types is awesome.

New Drake = Mega win! Can't wait to have some more fun with Drake lineages (going to re-make a lineage with all the Drakes in it)

New Pygmy = Eh, that's nice and all - but I don't really care too much for Pygmies (though it might be fun to do a lineage with all of them (may or may not include pumpkins))

New Two-Headed = Super win! Another fun with lineages...I just need to find whcih two-headed was the last one I bred with the lineage I need...

The red is my fave it look like a Dragon and dog to me.

It has two heads and growls at you occasionally.

That why think it Dragon and dog.

YASSSSS

This was my reaction when 1) The release came and I actually got two of each kind even though I slept early, and 2) I had egg space xd.png

The red is my fave it look like a Dragon and dog to me.

It has two heads and growls at you occasionally.

That why think it Dragon and dog.

Also, it sorts between Hellhorse and Horse dragons.

HellHOUND fits into that gap. A Hound is a dog biggrin.gif

Happy birthday Dragon Cave! I'm glad it's been yet another successful year, and it makes me happy to see more and more people joining each year. I hope this birthday is as enjoyable as every other, so to you, here's an invisible birthday cake. *hands a slice to everyone, or pie or whatever people like if they don't like cake*

Also, it sorts between Hellhorse and Horse dragons.

HellHOUND fits into that gap. A Hound is a dog biggrin.gif

The two-headed one looks like a puppy. 'Hellhound' falls into the right range, and honestly would fit the description of the dragon quite well.

This is my theory as well.

Edited by The_Bucket