TJ09

2015-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 9th Birthday

yay a pygmy finally! thanks TJ! Happy Birthday DC!!

Edited by FireMercury

Wow, I've never seen TJ's babies grow up so fast. Usually they're on the same 7 -> 4 day intervals, even though at a day ahead of the rest of us. These have gone from uncracked egg to mature hatchie in less than a day. We might see the adults by tonight at this rate.

*still impatient for a few bred eggs to hurry up and clear more space* dry.gif

Wow, I've never seen TJ's babies grow up so fast. Usually they're on the same 7 -> 4 day intervals, even though at a day ahead of the rest of us. These have gone from uncracked egg to mature hatchie in less than a day. We might see the adults by tonight at this rate.

TJ usually sets the eggs to 3 days by the time he shows them to us. They won't mature until they hit the 4 day hatchling mark, though.

There's a first time for everything wink.gif

That should start the rumor mill churning madly! laugh.gif

Happy birthday, DC! DC has brought me so much happiness, and I'm thrilled to celebrate.

These dragons are absolutely gorgeous. I'll be getting four pigmies and four Rosettes - I'm personally not a fan of two-headed dragons (just a personal preference, lol. Those hatchlings do look pretty amazing!). I'm so glad to see another pygmy!

There's a first time for everything wink.gif

But then, they will quickly become extinct. Coppers are rares and we almost never see good lines offered anywhere. It's easier to get a prize dragon in the departures thread than a copper. Coppers can be bred with any other dragon and even so, you don't see them much. Imagine now a drake or a 2 head that is rare? That can't be bred with the other dragons and are difficult to get as CB? They won't be ever seen again.

xd.png My eggs keep getting sick! Too much partying! Hopefully they'll grow to be super pretty..expirement breeding will be fun X3

But then, they will quickly become extinct. Coppers are rares and we almost never see good lines offered anywhere. It's easier to get a prize dragon in the departures thread than a copper. Coppers can be bred with any other dragon and even so, you don't see them much. Imagine now a drake or a 2 head that is rare? That can't be bred with the other dragons and are difficult to get as CB? They won't be ever seen again.

I don't follow your logic. What does that have to do with the ability for a drake, pygmy, or two-headed dragon to turn out rare?

I don't follow your logic. What does that have to do with the ability for a drake, pygmy, or two-headed dragon to turn out rare?

Not many people collect pygmies, drakes and 2 head because they only can breed in their own species. So we usually don't see many of them offered anywhere or even in the AP. A rare 2 head or pygmy or drake will easily disappear from the sight because they are not breedable with other dragons and to make it worst, they are rare. They will become just trader fodder, one more rare dragon to people ask for NDs and low gen shimmers. The community will not enjoy them, people will not build lineages, people will not collect them in quantity since they are rare and hard to breed. It's what happens to all dragons that are too hard to obtain, just see coppers. Coppers are nice dragons with a very special breed mechanism but you don't see around, you don't see long lines and people collecting them in quantity because they are as much rare as golds and silvers - I would say that even more than silvers. And coppers can be bred with any dragon. Imagine a rare dragon that can not be bred with other dragons.

Thanks Tj! Edited by Ashes The Second

Not many people collect pygmies, drakes and 2 head because they only can breed in their own species. So we usually don't see many of them offered anywhere or even in the AP. A rare 2 head or pygmy or drake will easily disappear from the sight because they are not breedable with other dragons and to make it worst, they are rare. They will become just trader fodder, one more rare dragon to people ask for NDs and low gen shimmers. The community will not enjoy them, people will not build lineages, people will not collect them in quantity since they are rare and hard to breed. It's what happens to all dragons that are too hard to obtain, just see coppers. Coppers are nice dragons with a very special breed mechanism but you don't see around, you don't see long lines and people collecting them in quantity because they are as much rare as golds and silvers - I would say that even more than silvers. And coppers can be bred with any dragon. Imagine a rare dragon that can not be bred with other dragons.

Base supposition aside, I'm still wondering why it would have anything to do with a dragon's ability to be rare.

Not likely. TJ's eggs usually hatch really fast because they're already at the 3 day mark when the announcement is posted. But after they hatch it's time to wait 3-4 days like with every other dragon.

Thanks, TJ. Got one two from each biome thus far, three , six total. Will try for more later. Am egg locked now. biggrin.gif

Edited by casprrr

Cute little pygmies! I'm also interested to see what the red desert ones look like. I bet they'll be a good pairing for gilded bloodscales.

LOL I've been so busy this week because of midterms, but I popped on today to grab a few eggs and was very confused when all the biomes were empty. tongue.gif I hate being late to these things.

Got three pygmys, two reds, and two greens. (have no clue what to call them yet). I can't believe DC is 9 years old!! Wow.

My CB Silver hatched, so I popped in and snatched another one of the Pygmies. Was not hard at all, I took my time, and easily got it. biggrin.gif

New Pygmy and Two-Headed? AWESOME!

I was just about to breed a batch of eggs for TGT then saw this release ;w; *cuddles the eggs* as soon as you hatch I will breed the gifties.

Happy Birthday DC!

Sad face Starwind only had room for one of each but still delighted regardless xd.png

Happy 9th Birthday Dragon Cave Happy Birthday laugh.gif and thank you ever so much for these new cuties I can't wait to see what they will become xd.png

Base supposition aside, I'm still wondering why it would have anything to do with a dragon's ability to be rare.

Simple: the rarer a dragon is, less people will collect them. If a rare dragon also happens to be a 2 head or a drake, which can't breed with the other dragons, then even less people will collect them.

I can't explain better than this.

New Pygmy and Two-Headed? AWESOME!

Seconded!!

Bring on the new pygmy and two-headed lineages!