TJ09

2015-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 9th Birthday

Grrr! I can't grab them! Everyone is faster than me!

Happy birthday, DC. smile.gif Haven't grabbed any eggs yet, but will be working on that now.

Just grabbed a few new dragons, a really sweet drop! I'll have to wait until my eggs hatch to grab more, good hunting everyone!

The new dragons are simply lovely, the pygmies are my favorite at the moment, because of their cute flaming tails (like tiny green Charmanders <3). I'll wait until they grow up for my final decision - ooh, can't wait until they grow up. :3

The s1 new pygmy sprite is adorable! Definitely my favorite of the new hatchling sprites.

I'm a bit wary of the new two-headed. I would *love* a bright red two-headed, but the bloodscales were a horrible fake-out, promising beautiful bright red and then turning another color! I was crushed. They're still lovely, but I wanted the promised beautiful red color. Dare I hope that the new two-headed will fulfill the promise that has been so very empty for the last two years? tongue.gif

And of course I don't see this until *right now*. Are they (still?) dropping exclusively?

And of course I don't see this until *right now*. Are they (still?) dropping exclusively?

They seem to be.

Yup, though not for long after each 5 minute drop smile.gif Some people have been having trouble catching them but I think most of the faster catchers have their fill now and things are easing up? In any case I'd be very surprised if these turned out rare.

Yeah, I mean, there's pretty much no such thing as a rare drake/two-head/pygmy, not counting the Pumpkin (which of course is a holiday and therefore a rare by default). I'm really not expecting these to be rare in the future.

Happy 9th Birthday, DC! I can't wait to see these babies grow up~ :3

happy birthday, dc! biggrin.gif

got my eggs, now the waiting for them to grow u begins^^

Yeah, I mean, there's pretty much no such thing as a rare drake/two-head/pygmy, not counting the Pumpkin (which of course is a holiday and therefore a rare by default). I'm really not expecting these to be rare in the future.

There's a first time for everything wink.gif

There's a first time for everything wink.gif

You did that on purpose. xd.png Obviously I could be wrong, but I'm still not expecting to be. We'll see though won't we?

Dangit, I need more reds! This release tells me I need to up my red collecting. They're all so pretty!

(Also, that was evil, Odie. Now I want more... I don't even actively collect these breeds!)

Edited by shadowfighter

Yay! I'd been looking forward to this ^.^ I can't believe DC is so old now... o.O

Ugh, I had to hide all of my new release eggs dry.gif My eggs were getting sick in seconds, healing in seconds, and getting sick all ofver again. Does this happen every birthday release?

Woo! Just snagged myself two of each egg!

Love the fact that this release seems to have three different kinds of dragons (two-head, regular, pygmy)!

Thank you TJ and Spriters! I needed a happy after the censorkip.gif day I had in work.

Edited by ShorahNagi

Ugh, I had to hide all of my new release eggs dry.gif My eggs were getting sick in seconds, healing in seconds, and getting sick all ofver again. Does this happen every birthday release?

I never put new eggs into any hatchery until they are down 1 day, especially on days like today, when everybody is on and watching and ERing...

Almost every new release it happens as traffic increases in hatcheries as people try to get their eggs to hatch to snag more of new breeds.

I find it's best to wait until the eggs are down to 5 or 4 days remaining before putting them in a hatchery of any sort

This happens with most new releases in general if you stick them in Chicken Smoothie and a hatchery. I sometimes use the technique to push eggs to their max views so that they hatch on time and then gender faster. :3

Releases in general tend to generate a lot more traffic on the clicks it's than usual. And the younger an egg, the easier it will get sick. If you want to avoid that, you should generally wait at least a day, before putting your eggs up for view.

Anyway, Happy Birthday, DC! And thank you, TJ and spriters for another lovely release!

Can't wait to see the adults. laugh.gif

Edited by Rubin

There's a first time for everything  wink.gif

PLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSE do not even joke about any of these being rare!

We all need at least 8 pairs for PB 3nd gens!

Seriously - they all have breeding limited within their sub-types and are all freaking adorable!

If we could never catch these again, it'd just be sad.

Heck, I don't even have a pair of the Rosettes yet, due to accidentally catching 3 each of the others when working my way across the biomes...

On the other hand, a number of people only like the larger group of dragons which can all breed among themselves, thereby leaving more for the rest of us, so those of us who do may have... green eggs and red ham? in plenty?

Edit: regarding fansites, at this point, Silvi's still seems to have only 11 or 12 people Viewing every time I check my Viewer and I've put my new eggs in two other sites (which have relatively few new egg showing as of yet) where they are collecting Views quite slowly.

But I keep a watch over mine and Fog overnight/when I can't watch them, being aware that this can change quickly.

Edited by Syphoneira