TJ09

2015-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 9th Birthday

Well, I'm assuming TJ won't let a forced flood count so negatively against them in the ratios to make them completely disappear. xd.png This might even be an experiment in that.

WYVERN PYGMY. MARRI I LOVE YOU

Thank you. That's very forward. I have a boyfriend, though. We can still be friends.

Since I nabbed mine right after midnight, my 7 only have to wait til midnight to hatch! I'm psyched. All my eggs have that last huge hole. When will TJ's mature?

Since I nabbed mine right after midnight, my 7 only have to wait til midnight to hatch! I'm psyched. All my eggs have that last huge hole. When will TJ's mature?

They hatch fast, but they don't grow up til the 4 day mark

iS THaT A PyGMY?!?!?

Got two, hope they gender correctly and that i can get a few more!

got three of them sharp ones, and then two of the forest kind. I very much like how easily i could catch them since im a day late~

EDIT:

also the purple fire is really cool [bias because purple is fav lol fiteme] might plot an army depending on the adult art [esp if dimorphism but i doubt </3]

Wyvern wat

Marri, be my internet love

Does anybody else sensing the first Alt version of a Two-Headed and/or a Pygmy? blink.gif

That would made it even more great. biggrin.gif

Or is it just plain dimorphism as adults? sad.gif

On my birthday i said i wish two more Pygmies and one more Drake. So one Pygmy and one Drake are there. cool.gif

I like green, green is my favourite colour but i am not sure about the green of the new Drakes. sleep.gif Maybe with not so many brown and more green... a little bit to busy for the eyes.

5 hours and 45 minutes till I have hatchlings! I caught mine during the first minute of the release, so they'll hatch right after midnight DC time... I can't wait to see theeeem!

Well I missed this release, now to play catch up. Happy Birthday DC!! biggrin.gif

happy birthday!

wow.. its been 9 years?!?!? amazing!

lets go for so many more! biggrin.gif

thank you for everything!

Personally, I love the vibrant green of the Pygmies and the purple flare of the tail - couldn't be better, in my view!

And I hope that the DC B-Day celebration with the Flood continues all week-end so that everyone has a chance to get pairings of these little lovelies, without making them impossible to get afterward.

Thank you. That's very forward. I have a boyfriend, though. We can still be friends.

jfgsldfjhgskjdfg

Wyvern wat

Marri, be my internet love

user posted image

The front legs become wings in the s2

Suddenly, the fact that they dropped for a long time scares me.

Don't do a copper/almandine on us, new release! xd.png

Those two species have the same problem the stripes and the black dragons had for a long time--people breed them to get the alt colors, and so their ratios are all out of whack.

That said, I found it much harder to catch copper eggs than this, iirc the other eggs started coming back rather quickly? And I wasn't around for the almandine release so idk what that was like.

Edited by silver_chan

Looks like the habitats are going back to normal-ish (I say as three more of each time appear in all biomes xd.png )

Still need one of the drakes though so I can have two of each... hope my two-headeds gender right since I can't influence them.

Thanks again for this amazing release!

EDIT:

also the purple fire is really cool [bias because purple is fav lol fiteme] might plot an army depending on the adult art [esp if dimorphism but i doubt </3]

I thought it was a wyvern when I first saw the S2s (I forgot to check the OP for the S1s, oops.) but I wasn't sure if they're really wyverns or if the position of the wings is just hiding the front feet but yes purple is <3 (so no fighting you, there) and I hope there's moar fiyah shown on the adults. :3 Sorting between Da- and Mi- I'm guessing the breed name is either Flame/Flare something or maybe Fae/Fairy something? So far I'm thinking they'll look best with Misfits or Seawyrms. :)

ETA: Also, if past releases are anything to go by there probably might be dimorphism with these guys because TJ has three of them in the OP. iirc, previously it's been 2 of a breed=no dimorphism, 3=dimorphism as adults, and 4=dimorphism as hatchlings and adults.

Edited by Denwayasha

So far I'm thinking they'll look best with Misfits or Seawyrms. smile.gif

I think they'll look pretty cool with Dark Mysts.

Is it odd/am I the only one that when I see the pygmies I think of a litwick or a ghost type pokemon? xd.png

I think they'll look pretty cool with Dark Mysts.

Is it odd/am I the only one that when I see the pygmies I think of a litwick or a ghost type pokemon? XD

I tend to like pairings with dragons of similar colors, so I hadn't thought of that, but I suppose the males of this new breed might go nicely with Dark Myst females since both have purple accents.

And yes, Litwick! :D Though hopefully the flames on these guys don't steal your spirit/life force! o.o

I honestly hate pygmies but I'm starting to really like these the hatchies are so cute cx I have high hopes for them :3

Just a question:

somebody in trading is asking for new eggs born on the 20th...

Is that even possible? TJ's are born on the 21st, so is there anybody who could have caught them on the 20th?

Nope. =_= Part of the reason I don't bother with trades anymore is because of people like that. I once had to deal with someone who wanted Springs, even though it was October.

Easiest drop ever! smile.gif Six eggs from three biomes on one single five-minute drop!

Thanks, TJ, for bringing us DC and all the spriters who have created our lovely dragons!

Happy belated birthday, DC!

*leaves brownie cake*

Nope. =_= Part of the reason I don't bother with trades anymore is because of people like that. I once had to deal with someone who wanted Springs, even though it was October.

Omgosh that is quite hilarious. I've seen trade posts were people are asking for CB Alt Blacks/Soulpeaces. I didn't even bother to take the time to tell them that they don't really exist like that lol

WOW so...drake, pygmy, & two-headed? DC birthday releases are always the coolest. 'Bout time we got something more to work with regarding those species. ^^ The pygmy one is the most interesting to me 'cause purple fire = awesome.

edit wowidkhow2type

Edited by lightningsky

Hopefully they won't be to Rae so we can catch more CBs soon.

Omgosh that is quite hilarious. I've seen trade posts were people are asking for CB Alt Blacks/Soulpeaces. I didn't even bother to take the time to tell them that they don't really exist like that lol

WOW so...drake, pygmy, & two-headed? DC birthday releases are always the coolest. 'Bout time we got something more to work with regarding those species. ^^ The pygmy one is the most interesting to me 'cause purple fire = awesome.

edit wowidkhow2type

People do that? blink.gif I think the only CB ones like that are ones owned by TJ, and he won't be giving out those dragons

Whoever came up with the wyvern pygmy thing, I love you

Oh there was once the category Honorable Mention in the Christmas Raffle and the winners of a HM were able to get a hybrid dragon as CB.

DC Wiki:

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Holiday_Raffle

Show the contest rules and you know how it worked.

Edited by Tigerkralle

Aww man, I didn't check yesterday so no eggs for me. Maybe I can get lucky on the 5 minute drops...