Jazeki

So Your Dragons Refuse To Go Near Each Other

I tried to breed some of Blusang and Golden Wyvern recently. Two of tries were refusal. Edited by sh20000sh

Did you use fertility on them?

Nope. Actually I hesitated between using fertility or not, and got a stupid refusal.

Would anyone be interested in helping me update the spreadsheet in exchange for purple eggs (to keep with the theme of the thread)? Also, the monthly refusals will be updated as soon as September rolls around.

I am going to eventually start doing some more posting here, but I have noticed an increased number of dragons that seem that when I'm breeding them for the first time to a random mate (usually commons), I seem to get more refusals than I used to. Not saying this is true, and if I cared about if they did or did not refuse, I would obviously use a purple influence to make sure... but it is just my perception.

I would certainly say to anyone that if you CARE about a dragon not refusing, you MUST use a purple for that first breeding. Don't even chance it. Because when I don't, dragons I wouldn't expect to "refuse" before the changes now do.

Again, not saying anything changed, but I just really really really believe Purples are beyond essential for any dragon you do not want to refuse a particular mate the first go round. And if you breed them with something different and it's the first time, use it again. It seems very seriously important these days.

A spreadsheet will do more better prolonged details, but I think people (after they are done with various things), and especially with holidays coming up (not the holiday breeding but when you breed them to the new mates outside the holidays that you worked so hard to get), Purples are very necessary dragons.

I wanted to breed a few purebred new release hatchlings for freezing. I was out of purple dragons and I reserved those for lineage projects, thus I proceeded without fertility. (I was aware of the risks. laugh.gif) My only pair of caveborn kyanite pygmies refused each other. (But thankfully, I have another kyanite pygmy hatchling coming in from an IOU. smile.gif )

Edited by Natevaelle

I went through a LOT of panic to get my Stairstep Gold Tinsel to gender male just so I could breed him with my GoN and continue the pattern. Guess what those little punks just did?!

*sigh*

Now, we can use a Purple's BSA to have a lesser the change of a refusal. You just have to remind yourself to use a Purple's BSA prior the breeding of two special dragons. USE IT BEFORE THE FIRST BREEDING ATTEMPT!

Not sure when it happened, but one of my CB Bolts refused one of my CB Golden Wyverns... Saw it when i tried to find a female Golden Wyvern in the available list. The other female CB Golden Wyvern is temporary not available for breeding. So i have to wait.

ETA: It was not important because i have a ton of CB female Storms but now i need to wait a week... dry.gif

He: https://dragcave.net/lineage/ZHqhU and she: https://dragcave.net/lineage/xhXJg refuse each other.

Jsut don't have enough Purples, so i don't use Fertility on him. Should have risk it to not have a Purple available later... or not? Arrrrgh!

Edited by Tigerkralle

I'll update the form the next time I'm at the computer. Editing on the phone is a pain.

Edited by Jazeki

I think the form needs updated to see if people used fertility or not. ^^

And the form has finally been updated!

Female Geode has refused two male Geodes. Don't remember if I used fertility the first time. None the second time. She is starting to try my patience.

CB Diamondwing x CB Diamondwing - refused. No fertility used. It wasn't a huge deal, but even so; it's yet another refusal.

It really has got to the stage now whereby if I'm breeding a pair for the first time then I'm going to have to use fertility - which means stocking up on Purples even more. The number of refusals is getting somewhat depressing.

4 Mates. FOUR MATES he's refused! Why are you so darn picky?!

user posted image

Did you use Fertility, Syiren? (just curious about the quota of refusals with Fertility)