TJ09

2015-03-13 - Site Redesign Launch

I love it! It is so cool. The clock is handy, I like the smaller links off to the side. I do agree with some people who have said it looks a little small. It is not the font that bothers me, but everything seems a little too squished together. I was in the Desert and the descriptions of two eggs were running into each other. Other than that, it looks great!

scroll color clashes badly with the background.

I agree with this. Is there any way we can get a dark scroll with the dark background? I like Portal 2 and the way the dragons pop on it and switched back to it. The light scroll with the dark background just doesn't look right to me and I've never liked a light scroll. The artwork is stunning though. I wish we had some kind of scroll that merged with the art and/or looked like part of the cave to make it look like the dragons were in the cave itself... it does seem a shame to have it covered up..

This surprised me when I first got on, and I actually like it quite a bit! Just some minor complaints:

The color of the scroll doesn't really match that well with the background in my opinion, but I could get used to it. The moving background can be a little distracting as well

I find it a little awkward that the clock only changes whenever you click another link or refresh. It would be a little more efficient to have it change automatically without having to continuously click links/refresh while waiting for a certain time to come up (if important). Again, probably just me being a little nitpicky here, and I could get used to it. I live in the East Coast anyways...haha biggrin.gif

Other than that, I love it!

Edited by Moonkitti

When I logged on today, I was also surprised to see the new layout! I love the new background and the clock, even though it only changes by refreshing. The links look nice, though smaller.

Thank you TJ and artists!

Caught me off guard, will take a little getting used to but definitely an improvement.

Think it was mentioned earlier, but are custom sort and alt. custom sort broken for anyone else? I don't like using legacy but currently it's the only one that functions.

OMGITSAMAZINGILOVEIT

It's the best thing I've ever seen.

All three custom sorts work on my end.

~

Yay, I'm so glad the new theme's been released! It looks phenomenal <3

Weird, the other 2 custom sorts are working for me as well now. Guess something got fixed.

Oh my I just get back coincidentally on the day everything updates. thumbs_up.png

Though I do like this new layout much more!

... so.. I really like the background. Like.. a lot.

But..

I'm not someone who gets motion sick easily. If basically ever. But the moving background is making me really nauseous. Like. To the point I almost don't want to use this layout despite the awesomeness of everything.

Can there please be an option of turning the moving background off and making it stationary? I dislike the other skins because I strongly prefer the normal tan scroll, but I can't handle that movement...

edit: yeah.. I had to change to the St. Patrick's day skin because I can't handle that movement. I think it's because it's mis-matched movement rates between how far I'm scrolling down my dragons vs the tiny amount of movement that occurs with the background... Hopefully that becomes an option or the old default is offered. sad.gif

Edited by Wandering4Ever

The artwork is lovely, but I wish I had the option to use the old default skin. The new background is terribly hard on my eyes and I have a difficult time focusing on the pages while scrolling. I hope the old skin becomes an option to use eventually, I'd love to use it again.

The clock is a wonderful feature, though!

omg this surprised me so much when i refreshed the page. but it's so nice!! i really do feel like i'm in a dragon cave now biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

(just noticed the clock though--is there no option of changing that? or is everyone on EDT?)

edit: thanks for the clarification fuzz! that makes sense haha tongue.gif

Edited by xjuu

omg this surprised me so much when i refreshed the page. but it's so nice!! i really do feel like i'm in a dragon cave now  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

(just noticed the clock though--is there no option of changing that? or is everyone on EDT?)

The cave is on EDT.

The point of the clock is that so those of us who - for instance - want to catch a glory or hatch a sun or do anything else time related know what the DRAGCAVE time is. Your action log is on dragcave time, too.

If you want to know YOUR time - look at the corner of your screen,. or your watch xd.png

Edited by fuzzbucket

I really, really dislike the line through my dragons on the lineage view sad.gif Am I the only one that has this?

user posted image

I tried all the other skins and don't want to use any of them. St. Paddy's was the best, but its going to go away.

I really, really dislike the line through my dragons on the lineage view sad.gif Am I the only one that has this?

user posted image

I tried all the other skins and don't want to use any of them. St. Paddy's was the best, but its going to go away.

No you aren't - zoom in or out and it will go away.

Who says Paddy's is going away ??? blink.gif

No you aren't - zoom in or out and it will go away.

Who says Paddy's is going away ??? blink.gif

well, it's just for the holiday - isn't it? I've never looked before, I liked the old default.

I changed back to default and yes, you're right, if I change the zoom it does go away.

Unfortunately, I had changed the zoom to 100% in order to make the page view easier to read and see.

So now I like the whole thing less and would chime in with those wanting an option to be able to use the old default instead.

EDIT: forgot to say my thank you for letting me know the solution smile.gif

Edited by daba555

I like the change of the buttons and font and clock and stuff, but I just want the old background back. The new one is beautiful, of course, but it's very busy and is giving me a headache.

I think this new site opening is awesome. The set-up, the gorgeous Cave, the new options. Stunning. Thank-you to the artist(s) for your hard work and LOVELY, delightful work!!!

The new design works much smoother, quicker, and easier on my computer. What a great additional effect! And I love the moving background.

Edited by PrairieStead