TJ09

2015-03-13 - Site Redesign Launch

I don't dislike it but if we get the option of using the old default one as a skin, I will.

If you go to account settings you can change your site design smile.gif

Account > Account Settings > Site Appearance > Site Skin

I hope this helps smile.gif

Thank you, but sorry, no it doesn't help me. My eyes, its so much harder to recognize everything... It takes time, time that I really don't have on the hunt for eggs. sad.gif

Or what should I choose to have it looking like the old style? I've tried everything.

I checked my excel = I have 502 things. I looked from dc's custom sort = I have 502 things. I counted all of them = I have 502 things. All inclues 1 tree, 1 chicken, 1 dino, 1 egg and 2 frozen hatchs.

I ran your scroll through AOND. You have 499 things in total; one is a leetle tree which doesn't count for your totals anyway; one is an egg which also doesn't count. That takes you down to 497.

The chicken and the dino do count - but you still aren't QUITE up to gold; you need 2 more grown or frozen dragons.

You must have made a mistake on your excel sheet. I've done so often enough !

Basic Dragon Totals

Total dragons 499

• Eggs 1

Non-Growing dragons 498

• Frozens 2

• Adults 495

• Leetle Tree 1

The artwork is gorgeous! But I still have to stick with the Blackout skin since I have to have a dark colored background in order to see well (I don't like the Portal skin at all).

I don't like how unbalanced the background is. It's also too dark for me. I like lighter backgrounds. I'm a little disappointed that the scroll background isn't a theme choice.

The artwork is gorgeous! But I still have to stick with the Blackout skin since I have to have a dark colored background in order to see well (I don't like the Portal skin at all).

Can someone explain how this works for me, because I never personally LIKED the dark background behind my dragons... makes them look odd. ( I am not dissing those that DO use it/like it... just curious on this.)

Edited by Silverswift

I didn't notice because I was using a different site skin, but wow, does this new layout ever look good!

The clock will be extremely helpful, too. Thanks, TJ! biggrin.gif

Wait, do unfrozen hatchlings not count toward your total?

They don't.

A clock! We have a cave clock now, yay!

But the navigation links.... Oh my. So *small* compared to what they used to be! That's going to take some getting used to, definitely.

So... what all has changed, I wonder. I'm looking back through post and it seems lineage view has changed, tho I didn't notice that. The background, the links at the top of the page... the clock... is that it? Am I forgetting something?

Thanks for the update , the beautiful new cave background artwork and the addition of the clock (very useful)

Will you be extending the clock etc to the other layouts as well? i love the artwork behind the new default scroll but I got used to the green scroll and the curly dragon font of the St Patrick's day layout -I wish I could keep the green scroll / curly dragcave font and still have the classy new artwork and clock. Choices choices....

I don't like the new layout. The website is smaller and it has trouble on my iPad, which is what I use for the majority of DC playing. sad.gif

They don't.

that's new to me. i probably should have joined the forums when i first joined DC. i'd probably have known that. huh.

The new skin is beautiful, but is the old default gone?

I seem to be having slow loading/not all dragons showing until I refresh again, and am not sure if that's from the additional loading.

I have been having trouble with the wireless reducing and cutting out, but now this seems to be happening in the Cave even with full bars, and IF it's related to to the extra detail loading, I'd much rather go back to the old one, if we're keeping that.

Whoa! That surprised me! I knew the new art was coming, but it took me by surprise to log in and see that. It's very nice! I'm going to have to readjust where my mouse hovers for catching eggs. tongue.gif Everything fits so much better, and I can see a lot more in the browser now.

-snip-

I seem to be having slow loading/not all dragons showing until I refresh again, and am not sure if that's from the additional loading.

-snip-

I've had the loading problem too. I had to switch back to the Dark Portal skin because of it. :c

Maybe it's my connection or my browser, but I haven't noticed any abnormal loading times thus far. There's still the hang up at the 5 minute mark and the longer one at the hour mark when the biomes refresh.

It would be good to let people keep the old default, if they so choose, though. Some people might prefer what they are used to or experience less lag.

Oh my gosh I freaked out when I logged in today! It's barely any site difference but its amazing and beautiful! Thank you artists of the lovely backgrounds!~ biggrin.gif

I've had the loading problem too. I had to switch back to the Dark Portal skin because of it. :c

Unfortunately for me, I've already run through all the other skins and still really don't like them, drat it.

I find them hard to see/hard on the eyes.

Oh, well, I'm not exactly internet ninja to begin with, but it's disappointing since I got an actual new computer not that much over a year ago after always having had genuine antiques, had relatively little chance to use it, and if it's going to be this draggy catching now, it'll be worse than my ancient ones! sad.gif

But maybe there's something else going on right now and it won't be that bad.

Wow wow wow! A great surprise to wake up to. Although the regular default wasn't terrible on the eyes, this new one is much better on the eyes when it's dark.

It could just be something due to the fact that it's new, and the lag will stabalize as time goes on?