TJ09

2015-03-13 - Site Redesign Launch

The good old skin has not been forgotten: it is still used on the maintenance page. wink.gif

Love the in-cave clock and daymeter.

And the new art is amazing.

Now why can't facebook and tumblr updates be this nice.

Gave it a try and,DESPITE how absolutely BEAUTIFUL it may be,I'm yet another one in the "the disconnect between page and background is naus inducing" boat,as well as finding that it makes things LAAAAAAG cause I actually got a 504 timeout error when changing the skin back to the Portal 2 skin. sad.gif

I blocked the background image and loading got a bit quicker, but I still have some problems when changing to scroll from other pages. Sadly I had to turn on adblock on DC to make it work (I turned it off before, but now I can't normally play without it, as other skins aren't too good for me either). I like the art very much, but I can't play when my browser freeze after every move of background.

Awesome biggrin.gif Love the new skin! I thankfully don't have the nausea problem others seem to be having, though it definitely feels odd to have the scroll and the background scroll at different speeds xd.png

Ik keep wanting to click the top of the page to move around, haha xd.png Definitely going to need some time to get used to it.

Absolutely love the clock with the day/night indicator! This is going to make things so much easier!

And Thank you, Nakase, for the awesome background art!

The new font size is too small, it's very discomforting to search something on the scroll. The background art is pretty, but I have trouble coping with the contrast between scroll and background.

I dont mind the movement, and not experiencing the extreme lag everyone is talking about either

I absolutely love the new look! Kudos to the designers. I'm not having any problems, either, as some people seem to be. Great job, everyone!

After using it a bit more the only thing that bothers me a bit is the reduced amount of space between the top of the scroll and the first bit of content. It bothers me especially on lineage pages, where the shadow falls under the top line of dragons.

Definitely a minor thing though, I can learn to live with it wink.gif

I should say - while I am finding it unusable in practice, the art is stunning - thanks Nakase. I might save it to use as background on my PC.

OOH - that's rather NICE ! Done xd.png

Edited by fuzzbucket

Beside the lags and the e looking like a c, the shadow overlaying the lineage bothers me a lot for some reason. I hope this will be fixed, because I like the new design.

user posted image

Beside the lags and the e looking like a c, the shadow overlaying the lineage bothers me a lot for some reason. I hope this will be fixed, because I like the new design.

user posted image

It's the faded edge of your parchment biggrin.gif

I take back everything I said earlier about the font being small, dizzy and hard to read... I just got my new glasses, and actually it's a pretty font, despite the fact that I see the issues of some users with "wrong "e"s" and the letters being a little narrow together on some pages (if you understand what I mean).

Well, new glasses fix a lot of things. xd.png

It's beautiful! Wonderful background art! rI keep wanting to click on the background art and see if there's more. Thank you to all that contributed to making it possible ^__^ Have an awesome weekend!

Okay, I really love the clock and day/night time indicator. Helps me a lot, I always get confused about time zones.

I miss the old huge navigation, but I can totally get used to the new smaller links and the smaller font in general.

I like the artwork, but the colour of the scroll doesn't match, and I'm with those who say the slowly moving background is nausea-inducing. Really badly, in my case. I guess I'll have to switch to another skin, even though I won't have the clock and day/night indicator then. sad.gif

Okay, I really love the clock and day/night time indicator. Helps me a lot, I always get confused about time zones.

I miss the old huge navigation, but I can totally get used to the new smaller links and the smaller font in general.

I like the artwork, but the colour of the scroll doesn't match, and I'm with those who say the slowly moving background is nausea-inducing. Really badly, in my case. I guess I'll have to switch to another skin, even though I won't have the clock and day/night indicator then. sad.gif

If your only problem with the moving background is its moving and the contrast or colour does not really bother you, you could try "NoScript" as an add-on if you are using firefox and block the "googleapis"-script - that stops the movement. Granted, you only see the upper part of the background like this, but for me it works. (:

If your only problem with the moving background is its moving and the contrast or colour does not really bother you, you could try "NoScript" as an add-on if you are using firefox and block the "googleapis"-script - that stops the movement. Granted, you only see the upper part of the background like this, but for me it works. (:

Thanks, I checked it out, but I'm not happy with that solution either. Seeing only the upper part of the artwork would be okay, but I still don't like the colours/contrast. I'll stick with the Blackout skin for now.

Ooooooh, I really love just about everything about this new script! Thank you artists and TJ for this!

Okay so I really love that there is a clock now... but it doesn't update unless I refresh it??

It seems a bit pointless. sad.gif

Okay so I really love that there is a clock now... but it doesn't update unless I refresh it??

It seems a bit pointless. sad.gif

I like this new background, it's gorgeous but I have to agree with AppleMango , the clock is pointless if we have to refresh the page. It would be so much easier to catch dragons in the cave if the clock was changing without refreshing smile.gif