TJ09

2015-03-13 - Site Redesign Launch

The background is very pretty, I'm happy for the clock, I'm not bothered by neither lag nor the scrolling.

The only thing is just the new style of text, I have a more difficult time discerning the letters. I might get used to it, however.

Edit: Ok, the AP is a bit slower than usual, but the cave eggs are fine so it's probably because the AP contains more sprites.

Edited by Ripan

I appreciate that, however I've read a couple comments about it not meeting certain tastes, and that it doesn't match the scroll color. No matter, I'm glad I was able to paint it ^^

Your artwork is beautiful and I'm sure you worked to address TJ's requests and the site's tastes as far as design work is concerned. The issue, for me at least, isn't that your artwork doesn't match the scroll color.

It's that there is a marked contrast between the brightness of the scroll itself in combination with its jagged edges (and smaller, lighter font) and the darker, more detailed design and palette of the cave background that my eyes have trouble focusing. It's not an artwork issue so much as a vision concern.

I'd much rather that TJ have left the straight edges around the scroll and pulled a darker color from your picture to be the new scroll color, so that the contrast wasn't so jarring and the parallax scrolling so noticeable.

That is one lovely painting. I opened up my page and was, Oooo, Aaahh :3

The shadow on top of the lineage view is odd, it would be nice if that was moved down out of it. Otherwise, everything looks nice!

Your artwork is beautiful and I'm sure you worked to address TJ's requests and the site's tastes as far as design work is concerned. The issue, for me at least, isn't that your artwork doesn't match the scroll color.

It's that there is a marked contrast between the brightness of the scroll itself in combination with its jagged edges (and smaller, lighter font) and the darker, more detailed design and palette of the cave background that my eyes have trouble focusing. It's not an artwork issue so much as a vision concern.

I'd much rather that TJ have left the straight edges around the scroll and pulled a darker color from your picture to be the new scroll color, so that the contrast wasn't so jarring and the parallax scrolling so noticeable.

I agree with you, bold edges would be nice!

Nakase, I love your background. It is a beautiful painting, and truly adds to my mental landscape of our dragon's world.

The scroll color seems to be a subjective matter.

Personally, I find the scroll color matches very well with the stones that frame the scroll, so maybe it boils down to individual monitor settings or personal color preferences.

That sunlit patch doesn't bother me at all, but I have had vision problems with other skins, (I can't handle the Forum in the blue skins.) so again, a very subjective issue.

As for the jumpiness, or image moving behind the scroll, I got rid of it by unclicking smooth scrolling in FF's Preferences settings, as suggested early in this thread by one of our tech-saavy souls. I've seen posts, though where some people lose the jumpiness, then want it back, so there is certainly no pleasing everyone.

In any case, thank you, Nakase, for giving us your gorgeous vision! <3

Clock? Oh, yes! I love the clock and especially the day/night symbol! wub.gif So happy that the clock is finally there. happy.gif

The font: NO, not a fan. Here and there are tinier parts blurred, fuzzy whatever is the right word in this case i am not a native speaker.

The artwork: Love it! Tempted to change the background of my desktop. wink.gif

Eyeproblems: The scrollcolour should be change to a darker tone. Why? The gap betwenn the brightness on the left and the right site of the scroll is too big. Oh when the scoll is semitransparent that would be the perfect solution. New ideas while writing this post... blink.gif

Coclusion for me:

Stick with Blackout, changing the desktop wallpaper, awaiting THE CLOCK for other site skins. happy.gif

Ahhh it's amazing!!! ;u; Amazing job! Thanks TJ, artist(s), and whoever helped! ^u^/

I was using the Portal2 one.

Changed it and... WOW.

Favorite part, just looking at it, is the mark at the top showing day/night. HELPFUL biggrin.gif

I love the new default site design, however is it possible that we will see other skins getting the clock anytime soon?

Staying with Blackout over here.

I think that having the background change while you scroll is a very

very

veeery nice touch to the design! and the clock of course Nakase's artwork makes the site look much more amazing than the other design (personal opinion here) though I must agree that there's still the contrast between the *actual* scroll/website and the background image. :X

maybe a redraw of the scroll! /shot

It looks much more polished and advanced.. I do understand the issues people have with the moving background though.

Nakase, the art isn't the issue, just the way it was implemented. i think it's lovely, but the parallax and the brightness contrast with the scroll are disorienting, and the bolded text has display issues for a lot of people.

I love the new default site design, however is it possible that we will see other skins getting the clock anytime soon?

Staying with Blackout over here.

I see another fan of Blackout is out there.

Jupp, i want to see the clock in every skin out there in the wild. No more unwanted Glory Drakes or Sunrise/Sunset unfogged at the wrong time... besides own mistakes. wink.gif

At first, I thought it was a little iffy, but even after a few minutes I realized I liked it MUCH better then the original. Perks up the site a little bit!

Only thing is that I'll have to get used to where the 'view dragons' button thing is...I'm so used to it being in the middle of the page. xd.png

Edited by Doodle_Leetle_Trees

oh wow. Now that I was not expecting to see when I checked on my gang as well as to see if there were any new draggies being dropped.

HAH!!! How many of you remember the cave going bananas on March 17th?? We had all roared over here to see if there were any new eggs being released on that day only to discover there were none but a green page wishing us Happy Saint Patrick's Day! biggrin.gif