TJ09

2015-03-13 - Site Redesign Launch

I still can't get over how good the font looks! I LOVE it so much! It looks especially amazing on the lineage page. So much cleaner and elegant.

Not bad; I don't mind the new layout at all. It doesn't bug me that much, but I could understand why the sun shine on the left might cause an eyesore for some people.

Cool stuff.

I am unsure wether it makes DC better or worse, but to be honest, it looks good. will there be an option (in skin area) to return to the old looking one before this update?

I am unsure wether it makes DC better or worse, but to be honest, it looks good. will there be an option (in skin area) to return to the old looking one before this update?

I don't KNOW if TJ will allow that or not.

HOWEVER, I know there has been a push for that to be an option.

The more I use this new default skin e more I like it. I'm getting used to it and I have to say it's really wonderful. It also seems more clean to me than the older one.

While the new design is very lovely and the clock is *very* useful, and the background painting is really well done, I will be choosing one of the other designs.

When loading the page, it takes forever for the background painting to also load. So I'm getting the scroll first and then, after a wait, the background image. It's slowing down my refresh time considerably.

Now, this may not be an issue for people with very fast internet connections. Alas, I am not one of them.

Reloading the image every time that I refresh the page (as one is wont to do when chasing eggies... ^^;; ), slows things down a lot.

So I will need to choose one of the simpler skins, unfortunately. I always liked the 'old' design, since it was very simple and loaded quite fast. But this one - no matter how lovely - will not do for me... ;__;

Like others have said, I would really like to see the old style back as a skin option. The new background is pretty, yes, but the other skin is what I've spent 6+ years on DC using and neither my scroll nor my dragons look quite right without it. sad.gif

It's gorgeous, but it's seriously hard to hunt when 2 of 3 eggs in the biomes (the far one which I can't reach in time will rolleyes.gif ) and varying numbers in the AP (and fansites) sometimes don't appear at all or much too late, and tend to do so slowly when they do...

I don't otherwise have any problems occurring with the new skin, but I certainly do with the others, so am really hoping that we ultimately have an option of the original scroll skin, and perhaps the gorgeous art on pages that don't frequently need to be refreshed quickly?

It is stunning and I love it but, honestly, getting the dragons matters most to me, lol.

(And I'm still hoping for New Releases at some point, and would like to be able to catch them. tongue.gif )

*sends over-worked TJ a back rub*

The new layout is just great. However I have a question. I have the same timezone as TJ in real time (mountain standard time), so, for me It's 03:58 Pm, but in the Site clock I have 06:58 Pm. I wonder if that's the site clock for everyone or Its about bad configuration or something.

The new layout is just great. However I have a question. I have the same timezone as TJ in real time (mountain standard time), so, for me It's 03:58 Pm, but in the Site clock I have 06:58 Pm. I wonder if that's  the site clock for everyone or Its about bad configuration or something.

Have you refreshed your scroll?

The time will remain the same until you do. smile.gif

Edit: never mind, it's AHEAD, lol!

No idea then.

Edited by Syphoneira

The new layout is just great. However I have a question. I have the same timezone as TJ in real time (mountain standard time), so, for me It's 03:58 Pm, but in the Site clock I have 06:58 Pm. I wonder if that's  the site clock for everyone or Its about bad configuration or something.

Cave time is Eastern time, TJ's timezone when DC was created. Since that's when sunrises/sets, and day/night glories, and nocturnes are set around (ET), that's what time the clock is set to.

I'm also MT. I think TJ is actually currently PT. =o

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Cave time is Eastern time, TJ's timezone when DC was created. Since that's when sunrises/sets, and day/night glories, and nocturnes are set around (ET), that's what time the clock is set to.

I'm also MT. I think TJ is actually currently PT. =o

So, thats how it works. Thank you Strangler!

As much as I love the background portrait and think it's lovely, using it makes me nauseous :/ My eyes want to focus on the background rather than on my dragons and it winds up making me feel sick when scrolling. And I preferred the old fonts and spacing. Things seem a bit crunched together now.

I would like to see the old layout as an option if possible smile.gif

I find the timer and day/night clock really useful though!

Love the new site design; very sleek, and the background is lovely. Really hoping we'll get a separate page for full news posts for those who can't access the forum in the not-too-distant future.

Fingers crossed for a release next weekend!

Oh I use the green skin. I did not nocited a change until I read it here. I will turn my skin to the original and will see how it looks.

this new skin is nice and all, I love the picture and the clock

but I want the old one back, I cant hunt in the cave now the lag is too bad

this new skin is nice and all, I love the picture and the clock

but I want the old one back, I cant hunt in the cave now the lag is too bad

Make sure you're not using a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5 / Ctrl+Shift+R) to load the cave. If you aren't, then your browser will keep things like the background in cache, so it adds no extra time to page load.