TJ09

2015-03-13 - Site Redesign Launch

Oh, I love it! The artwork is gorgeous and the clock is a wonderful feature. I like the way it looks like you're really unrolling a scroll inside a cave. Thank you, TJ, artists, and everyone involved!

The new skin is beautiful. I like it more than I expected.

But sadly it lags awfully and it keeps making my browser freeze for a few seconds (to the point I'm afraid it may crash at any time and dragoncave it's the only tab I have open right now).

It's there a way to choose using the old one? Because with this I'll have to give up hunting completely since there's no way I'll catch anything good before someone else does sad.gif

What the what! Sure did a double take when I logged on today. xd.png(Woah this is one heck of a birthday present to me too lol)

It'll take a bit to get used to... and it's running a little slow for me... but it looks great and we finally have a cave clock oh yes <3 love!

The new skin is beautiful. I like it more than I expected.

But sadly it lags awfully and it keeps making my browser freeze for a few seconds (to the point I'm afraid it may crash at any time and dragoncave it's the only tab I have open right now).

It's there a way to choose using the old one? Because with this I'll have to give up hunting completely since there's no way I'll catch anything good before someone else does sad.gif

Turn off page style to hunt ? I may have to - about 50% of images just aren't loading unless I refresh... which would make the AP - a REAL ragbag xd.png

It looks like something has changed for the alternate custom sort, because I just tried sorting my dragons and it was slower/jerkier than before.

I changed my skin to the simpler "1960" skin but I still have this slowness issue. I am wondering what is causing that, if this is not related to the skin. Could there be some changes in some global Javascript code that is affecting all pages of the site?

I couldn't get my alt custom to work at all with the default, but when I switched to the St Pat's skin it worked fine.

It sure was a shock when I logged on this morning!

The background image is stunning! And I do love the clock, but like it was mentioned above its going to take some getting used to.

And for some reason its lagging me a little.

Looks nice, but "change sort order" doesn't work correctly now... unsure.gif

It does if you go too the sort page and then refresh once it's loaded. At least that's what I am finding with Alt Custom Sort.

I don't really mind the background image, doesn't make a difference as long as it isn't straining on the eyes. I think the new logo looks cool, navigation is nice and clock with day/night indicator is a good idea. I appreciate making the site more practical that trying to pretty it up the whole time.

I like the logo- no, I love it, and I like the colours. But I just don't think the site background fits the rest of the colour scheme. Also, I was getting a headache from the scroll speeds sad.gif

OMG! Dragcave has been Dungeons and Dragonified! It looks awesome!!!

Too many exclamation points Al...

Also, I love having the clock up in the corner. I'm only an hour behind, but I still manage to get messed up if I'm tired and stuff. I foresee that being extremely helpful!

Nice job TJ!

Ooohhh TJ I'm really loving this new layout. Thank you! smile.gif

This may take some getting used to.

But I just want to say that this is absolutely beautiful. Really great job!

I like the new design, I had to switch back to default from Portal 2 Light to see it. The clock is very handy, is there a way we can get it added to other skins?

I really, really love the new background. ...It ends up hurting my eyes a bit, but that's nothing I can't deal with. xd.png I just need to keep massaging my forehead and it goes away~

...The other skins hurt my eyes waaaaay more, anyway.

Edited by Beldarius

I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually, but right now I miss the old BG (made my scroll... idk, pop more?) and bigger links >__<

I love the background. But I'd kind of like it not to show up on all the action pages... And given the issues there seem to be with alt custom sort, unless it will fix, not there either...

Nope. I counted again using snaplinks (it shows the number of links you would open in tabs, if you hold the mouse key): you have 499 things *total*

(But Dinos, Chickens and frozen hatchlings do count towards trophies.)

I checked my excel = I have 502 things. I looked from dc's custom sort = I have 502 things. I counted all of them = I have 502 things. All inclues 1 tree, 1 chicken, 1 dino, 1 egg and 2 frozen hatchs.

Edited by sroo

Holy biscuits! ohmy.gif The new layout is awesome! wub.gif I had to sign in on my mom's tablet in order to see it though (doesn't work on mobile, I guess?) ^^; Now I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to continue using the St. Patrick's Day skin (which I use all the time), or this new one? ^^;

Wow. This is amazing and beautiful! It really adds to the quality of the cave and brings out an in dept element into the whole lore of going out and hunting for the eggs, trying to sneak them away from their protective wild parents.

The artwork is awesome and I love that not only does the cave possess a clock now, but also shows whether its day or night, making it easier to grab the day/night themed eggs when it's tricky to tell what they'd be otherwise.

I never changed the layout from default because it just felt better to have it like an actual scroll and not like the other layouts, which were good, but I always preferred to keep it standard. This however is a very nice surprise to see.

Thank you TJ and to everyone else who worked on it. happy.gif

Edited by Syiren