TJ09

2015-03-13 - Site Redesign Launch

Okay. So... huh. I'm finding more and more of the differences, now. I do *not* like that all the text seems to be scrunched together on individual dragon pages. It doesn't look good!

I'm experimenting with other skins (I've never touched those before!) just in case I can't get used to this one. It has it's pros, but it definitely has it's cons too.

Add me to the list of folks for whom the font is wonky (e's that look like c's, text looking 'crowded', etc.). Maybe a bad combo of dainty serif font + small font size + screen resolution?

Add me to the list of folks for whom the font is wonky (e's that look like c's, text looking 'crowded', etc.). Maybe a bad combo of dainty serif font + small font size + screen resolution?

Probably. After looking more i find that it's specifically the title text that has the c/e problem, but the text in general feels very "cramped". And this is at 100% magnification, so it's not that I'm too zoomed-out.

e: for reference, my resolution is 1366x768.

Edited by Guillotine

Hmm. A little upset it was changed… what was wrong with the old layout? When did "old" become synonymous for "outdated"? Though I do think the new background is absolutely gorgeous and will easily be able to tolerate that over solid brown, I miss the old positioning of buttons at the top. And the old header fonts. Actually the background and updated logo are the only things I like. *grumblegrumble* Okay, I've said my two cents. Carry on, everyone.

well, it's just for the holiday - isn't it? I've never looked before, I liked the old default.

The St. Patty's Day skin is always there as an option, not just for the holiday, so it isn't going anywhere :3 Thank you TJ for the upgrade and to Nasake for the awesome background art! happy.gif

Oh wow! biggrin.gif I was quite surprised to see the new change. I really like it. Looks a lot more appealing.

The background art is lovely!

However I agree with the sentiment that the disconnect between the scroll and the BG is a little nausea inducing, and the font, while very pretty, displays oddly on my screen. The most exiting thing is the clock, but since it only updates on refresh, and only appears on the default skin, it's not terribly useful to me. I have a clock on my computer dashboard set up for DC time anyway. All in all I'm meh on the change (but bring on the name stealing feature promised months ago! THAT I'm looking forward to!)

I've been using default for a few months now because I though this was being rolled out slowly, but now it's here and I've seen it I'm going back to Portal which I always preferred any way ^^

The new background is absolutely gorgeous. I love it to pieces. cool.gif

The only thing that bothers me a bit about the font is how it looks different on a dragon's lineage page verses the way it looks on your main scroll page and on a dragon's view page. At first I thought the fonts were different, but maybe it's just a case of it being bolded (or slightly larger) on the lineage page? Either way, I wish the font was consistent on all pages of the site. I quite like the look of the font otherwise.

It's wonderful to have a clock now too. Hopefully someday it'll be able to auto-update instead of needing to refresh the page, but I'm just happy to finally have one.

Thanks for the awesome update~

That background is stunning!

I'd love to use the new site, but unfortunately I'm in the boat of "two things scrolling at different speeds is making me feel ill", so I guess I'll use the Portal Light for now. I'd like the old site skin as a possible choice, but I can settle for now c:

Great work though~

Can't love on the new skin enough. Been using Portal forever, but switched to it for good. So sleek and atmospheric, and the clock and dayphase indicator is just fantastic. Not a single complaint.