TJ09

2015-03-13 - Site Redesign Launch

The new layout looks amazing. But can we have a choice to use the old default site skin? There is no visible border to seperate the dragons in my view lineage page...while I love the background color.

Edited by jennyfuji

SERIOUSLY sweet !

It'll take me some time to get usedto it, (my hand keeps going to the wrong place ! Auto response, don' ya know! laugh.gif )

But the site looks wonderful, TJ ! wub.gif

>^,,^<

The art is beautiful

I like the new header layout

---------------

I do NOT like the moving background.. and I beleive it is causing lag

The clock is basically worthless because it isn't 'real time' unless you refresh

---------------

You still insist on keeping the Views, Unique Views, Clicks on the scroll rather than adding 'time left until hatching/maturing' which would be much more useful.. as well as the addition of new icons that have been asked for.

The artwork is undoubtedly beautiful, but it makes the Cave look a little too busy. And I really miss the big handy links at the top of the scroll. I'm hoping we'll get the old layout as an alternate skin.

I haven't been on all morning and just now I checked my dragons and my first response was 'HOLY censorkip.gif!'

But yeah in comparison to the main page, the lineage view page does seem rather.... well. I'd prefer an edge to the 'page' on the left and the right, and a little tiny bit on the bottom under or even over the copyright info and make all that stuff white font on the dark background. When you get to the bottom of the page, you can't even tell anything has changed.

Such a pity to make this awesome art and then hide it 90% of the time.

I checked my excel = I have 502 things. I looked from dc's custom sort = I have 502 things. I counted all of them = I have 502 things. All inclues 1 tree, 1 chicken, 1 dino,  1 egg and 2 frozen hatchs.

Your excel doesn't matter - you can put anything in there.

Your custom sort I cannot see. Do you perchance have 3 zombies? I believe that *those* do not count for the trophy.

Fact is, *others* see only 499 dragons on your scroll, the API sees only 499 dragons (as can be seen when using external scroll statistic tools), and your trophy probably also sees only 499 dragons.

Try this one, it's TJ's checking tool and counts only non-growing things (excluding the leetle tree, apparently): http://dcrecords.tj09.net/check

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I was wondering why that was there. I'm glad to see this is finally part of the site.

I am with a bit of the crowd, though, in choosing between the new and old skin.

Looks beautiful! smile.gif

I just have to get used to it. It's a bit strange for me at the moment laugh.gif

Thank you TJ!

Turn off page style to hunt ? I may have to - about 50% of images just aren't loading unless I refresh... which would make the AP - a REAL ragbag xd.png

It's not enough, sadly. The browser keeps freezing for a few seconds every refresh even with the page style turned off sad.gif

For the time being I switched to Dino cave, which works well for me but I don't love it aesthetically.

Stange but okay, I guess I'll get used to it.

Also, my "news" section has a weird scale, all e's missing a stroke.

screen: http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Shakura_Kazuki/DragoncaveLayout_zpsjanx1ls3.png~original' target='_blank'>

I have teh website at 100% zoom, so it's not that. Using in firefox 35+ (don't know my version exactly)

Anyone alse with this problem? It doesn't look good...

It also looks like that on my dragon page for Dragon, Name, Manage, Views, Unique, etc.

Edited by Shakura Kazuki

It's truly beautiful, though it kills loading times during the hourly release. Is there a way to fix that? Or is my computer just slow?

The artwork is undoubtedly beautiful, but it makes the Cave look a little too busy. And I really miss the big handy links at the top of the scroll. I'm hoping we'll get the old layout as an alternate skin.

I agree with this.

Seeing a static image while scrolling is a bit strange, and the navigation links being fairly small and in the upper right corner, over a busy background is a bit inconvenient. Switching between these links is one of the most frequent actions I do, and the change made it a fair bit more inconvenient.

I don't mind the background being art (although the left side is a bit *too* bright for me - I'd rather the entire background image be a nice friendly unobtrusive dark color) as the not-scrolling is a bit strange, but I think I'd get used to it, but I really do miss the old navigation links being large and handy at the top of the scroll.

Stange but okay, I guess I'll get used to it.

Also, my "news" section has a weird scale, all e's missing a stroke.

screen: http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Sha...s3.png~original

I have teh website at 100% zoom, so it's not that. Using in firefox 35+ (don't know my version exactly)

Anyone alse with this problem? It doesn't look good...

It also looks like that on my dragon page for Dragon, Name, Manage, Views, Unique, etc.

Fixed your link, the forum doesn't like html code ...

Same for me, with that font, on FF 36 (latest)

I'm not getting the moving background, but FF is blocking various programs (waiting until someone comes to look at it before I do anything) so I can't watch videos and I suppose that's being blocked as well.

What moves? The perspective or?

I'm not getting the moving background, but FF is blocking various programs (waiting until someone comes to look at it before I do anything) so I can't watch videos and I suppose that's being blocked as well.

....The background is supposed to move? Mine isn't...

Background image stays static when you scroll down on the page and foreground things move. Some people get seasickness from it.

Edit: Hmm... You can adblock the background image. Might be a temporary fix for people who need it. (I think I am keeping it this way, just to get rid of the slightly irritating brightness of the background's lefthand side - my browser's default color for backgrounds has been set to black.)

Edited by Shienvien

This is going to take a bit to get used to. Everything seems smaller now, though that may be an illusion due to the new background and font change. Speaking of fonts...I'd rather have the old one. I like the new site clock and day/night indicator though.

I think the site looks really pretty.

Regarding the lineage view, I think the issue is a matter of scale. It does look a bit odd when viewing a CB or 2nd gen, but his lineage really shines on the new format, so overall I think it's a good thing.

I think the clock will be useful, even though it needs to be refreshed. The main purpose is to help users adjust to DC-time, after all, and that doesn't require the same time precision as a Neglected Dragon experiment would. I'm in the same timezone as DC, and I still see the value of it. tongue.gif

That said...

I absolutely agree about the loading times in the cave and AP. That may be an issue for me down the road, especially during a new release. I also agree that a delay in loading will make it harder to catch rares - but this doesn't impact me as much since I already can't catch them! tongue.gif I'm hoping the issues with load times go down eventually... The pages I use frequently load faster for me, although that's due to my cache updating to the new layout, and with the hard-refresh requirements for cave hunting I'm not sure that re-caching will help in that situation.

Time will tell.

Now when I think of it, I liked the old, bolder kind of font for category titles and such, too. The new font is very ... flimsy?

Regarding the lineage view, I think the issue is a matter of scale.  It does look a bit odd when viewing a CB or 2nd gen, but his lineage really shines on the new format, so overall I think it's a good thing.
Huh, didn't look at lineages yet... At least on my screen, the images look really, really, really tiny compared to the boxes they are in. The margin above the image is easily 2/3 of the height of the image, for instance... Edited by Shienvien