TJ09

2015-03-13 - Site Redesign Launch

It's the faded edge of your parchment biggrin.gif

I know, but it's only on the lineage page, not on the main scroll or the view-page.

Last night before I went to bed, my background would move when I was scrolling through my dragons. Now, my background doesn't move when I scroll through my dragons. How can I have it back to moving?

Edit: A hard refresh fixed it.

I love the new design! Thank you Nakase wub.gif

Edited by xeyla

Great new layout. Love the gorgeous new background art, and the clock is extremely useful.

Yet I have a little problem with the font, but I'm sure the cause is on my end, for my system is not in English, it can cause weird display problems from time to time. So it should not be an issue of the site after all.

Anyway, here is the issue... for some reason my Firefox can't display some of the bolded "e" properly, as if its horizontal line is too thin to be displayed:

user posted image

Yet my Chrome seems displayed them fine:

user posted image

I'm not sure what caused them, perhaps I've setted my monitor's resolution wrong? But it's a tiny problem and it's unrelated to the site. I think I can easily get used to it, or I might find a way to fix it someday.

Edit: it seems it's related to system setting, my other computer with Firefox displayed fine. Sorry for so many pictures.

user posted image

Edited by ishlia

I really like the new design and am one of the few (I guess) who had no problem with the background scrolling differently from my Scroll and would like the option of having that back since it was so nice looking.

I really like the new design and am one of the few (I guess) who had no problem with the background scrolling differently from my Scroll and would like the option of having that back since it was so nice looking.

Mine stopped scrolling for awhile this morning, but is back to doing it again now.

After spending more time with the new design, I must agree that the lineage page bothers me as well. There's a slight overshadowing and lineages aren't evenly centered on the page.

But I really do like the new layout, however.

Mine stopped scrolling for awhile this morning, but is back to doing it again now.

Yupperz. Just needed a hard Refresh, I guess. Really like it - a lot. And I'm having no issues with the Lineage page - I can see all the little crossbars on the lower case 'e', and the shadow on the top is not bothersome to me at all.

Edited by Ayelldee

Friday the 13th got even better! wink.gif

Thank you to all those who gave compliments, it is appreciated a lot. To those who are not thrilled with the artwork, I am sorry it's not to your liking. In my work I do my best to meet the most needs. Being that the user base is so large, the individual tastes and needs can be very vast. I believe I was able to cover the most common ground with the art I made.

Thank you to all those who gave compliments, it is appreciated a lot. To those who are not thrilled with the artwork, I am sorry it's not to your liking. In my work I do my best to meet the most needs. Being that the user base is so large, the individual tastes and needs can be very vast. I believe I was able to cover the most common ground with the art I made.

I'm not sure I have seen anyone say they didn't like the artwork. Some seem to be having trouble with the different scrolling for the border and the scroll part and some don't think the colors match up with the scroll background, but I have seen no criticism of the artwork, which imho is totally awesome! biggrin.gif

I think it's lovely. The scrolling is a bit unsettling, especially on longer pages, but I will probably get used to it. Otherwise, I am having no problems as far as font or shadowing or whatever.. And i like looking at it. Thanks, Nakase, and TJ.

I'm not sure I have seen anyone say they didn't like the artwork. Some seem to be having trouble with the different scrolling for the border and the scroll part and some don't think the colors match up with the scroll background, but I have seen no criticism of the artwork, which imho is totally awesome!  biggrin.gif

I appreciate that, however I've read a couple comments about it not meeting certain tastes, and that it doesn't match the scroll color. No matter, I'm glad I was able to paint it ^^

I like the new background, especially the eggs at the bottom. <3

This isn't a complaint just a comment. The scroll looks too cramped up at the top. I think it would look better if there was a bit more space between the top of the scroll and the first line of text.

If anything I just want to know why TJ thought it was a good idea to make the font smaller... The smaller buttons I understand, but making everything tiny just makes the site annoying to use and strains my eyes, and zooming in makes the sprites look fuzzy.

My gosh, this looks amazing!

I noticed a few weeks ago that the site was made to be a bit more mobile-streamlined as well. Is this layout going to be implemented for phones too?

Very pretty, but I'm in the nausea club, too sad.gif

Guess I'll try out one of the other skins people have mentioned in this thread.

Ah, St Patrick's Day skin is nice. It also has the nicer font.

The new font is too small for my comfort, and the actions aren't bolded to make them easier to find/click.

Edited by jis99

The background is only visible for those who use default skin right?

Right.

I appreciate that, however I've read a couple comments about it not meeting certain tastes, and that it doesn't match the scroll color. No matter, I'm glad I was able to paint it ^^

Thing to remember, Nakase... you're NEVER going to please everyone.

Edited by Silverswift

Nakase's art is gorgeous, I will tip my hat to her about that. (I can't draw a straight line so any one who can draw has my utmost respect).

However, since I have one of the really old, boxy computers that's slower than dirt, I have a tendency to click on "block image" to have any sort of chance at catching the more popular eggs (BSA, Rares, new drops, etc...) As a result, the entire background now goes black with a small square of tan for the cave whereas the old page just stayed tan for the whole screen.

So while I adore the new background, I must join in asking to have the old default as one of the skin choices. Especially for new releases egg drops.

Still love the art Nakase!

Beautiful design, love the background and the little eggs at the bottom - nice!

I love the new font, I think it's fitting for the site.

I've had no problems with navigating, I actually love how the top links are neatly placed off to the side. Gives me the feeling that my scroll has more space on the page.

And of course, the current time clock and night/day indicator are very nice additions.

All in all, this is an amazing update.

The only beef I have is that loading takes a little longer and there is no simplistic skin to put on (original was mine) so when I'm hunting in-cave it's a little laggy. Though it's not that drastic, every millisecond counts when grabbing rares.

I absolutely LOVE the art... so much that I stole it to use as my desktop wallpaper.

It's the way TJ used it that distresses me. The movement makes me dizzy and it clashes with the parchment centerpiece. So I had to adblock it... sorry.