TJ09

2015-02-01 - Raffle Update

What's everybody's favourite codes so far? Looking at the wiki (since I haven't looked at several pages here yet and I might have otherwise missed some and so on), my favourites are, in no particular order:

Snape

XFile

Frodo

FZuko

Horse

Death

Ah-a! I had thought about "Snape" and "Death", but wasn't sure they would be original enough. Snape, at least, was too likely somebody's fave ;-) All in all, my strategy of "better a prize with no ideas for a name than a lot of names and no prize" had worked... and since a 1-and-a-half-person brainstorm (I was largely quiet) yielded about 2 dozen of codes I liked enough to look up for being free, I was spoiled for choice even without vying for the title of fastest Rowling or Pratchett fan biggrin.gif Japan was a likely one, until I asked the dragon for his name - and then it was easy. Obscure, understandable, meaningful and magical!

Btw, if two people ask for the same code, what happens?

TJ told me it's not possible to change codes after the egg exists...

Well, wiki states as "fact" that (geode) code was changed to (7w1Yl) at the request of its new owner...

----

A random thought: Wouldn't it be fun to mate an Eastern dragon coded "Horse" with a Horse-dragon coded "Dragn"?

Btw, if two people ask for the same code, what happens?

Well, wiki states as "fact" that (geode) code was changed to (7w1Yl) at the request of its new owner...

If that happens, one person misses out. It sucks, and really isn't fair. I know someone it happened to, got told to ask for a new code and TJ said no. Also there was another dragon that got recoded apparently I can't remember their code but I will go look for it.

So yeah. Wiki says the codes got changed but TJ said no. ;/

7w1Yl belongs to an adult shimmer, so no code change.

Some of the new codes are great. Smaug esp. geode is great because it isn't one. And congrats to all the newly announced winners.

Best codes I've seen are Smaug and XFile. I'm sure their offspring will be in high demand.

7w1Yl belongs to an adult shimmer, so no code change.

From what I understand, there was a prize with the code geode, and then they asked for the code to be changed and it got changed to 7w1Yl freeing up the code geode and now someone else has it.

I never thought XFile would be such a popular code with everyone else. happy.gif

X-Files was my Thing in elementary-middle-high school. Probably I'm warped from watching it too young (still check under hotel beds for glowing red eyes) but that is in the eye of the beholder.

In conclusion: your code is great and so are you!

TJ told me it's not possible to change codes after the egg exists...

I was also told that, but there's history of other codes being changed. Both the owner of /Shine and myself with /shine wish I could get mine changed. I asked three times (twice before the eggs went out and once after). I'd even take a random code instead, though I wish I could get /Stump since it's still available.

From what I understand, there was a prize with the code geode, and then they asked for the code to be changed and it got changed to 7w1Yl freeing up the code geode and now someone else has it.

Well I pasted the codes in and that is what I get. Maybe you will get a different result. smile.gif

I was also told that, but there's history of other codes being changed. Both the owner of /Shine and myself with /shine wish I could get mine changed. I asked three times (twice before the eggs went out and once after). I'd even take a random code instead, though I wish I could get /Stump since it's still available.

That sucks. Especially since you asked before the eggs went out so he can't just be like "can't change the code the egg already exists."

And yeah I found this on the wiki

(BhgzQ) originally had a different code (r7aPe), but was changed upon the request of the owner.

Also, there was one with the code hello that apparently got changed but the new code isn't known yet.

Uhhh BOOTY tinsel is indeed epic!

My other favorites are ExoSM, KOREA, Fairy, Siren and probably the most creative code ever - XFile

Once these new prize babies start breeding I finally have a new goal. I don't care how many gens are in the lineage, or even if it's a fail, I want a clean-lineaged baby from Siren. wub.gif that code, it's brilliant.

Last night I was putting some of my babies in AOND and saw about 5 or 6 new prize babies, and some of those codes are so awesome. I saw the Geass code too and agree that is so awesome. That's my second fav of the new codes. happy.gif

I doubt any other code will top my favourite as of now: Smaug wub.gif

Close second is XFile *pokes dothefreddy* xd.png

Monet is also brilliant, love his art!

And the rest... all of them have their own beauty, hats off to the creativity of the prize winners!

X-Files was my Thing in elementary-middle-high school. Probably I'm warped from watching it too young (still check under hotel beds for glowing red eyes) but that is in the eye of the beholder.

Ah me too, big part of middle/high school. I'd rush home Sunday nights after visiting grandma and settle in!

Well I pasted the codes in and that is what I get. Maybe you will get a different result. smile.gif

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. I'll try and explain myself more clearly.

Last year(I think), there was a prize dragon with the code geode, but something happened and it went to someone else. They didn't like the code so they asked for it to be changed and it got changed to 7w1Yl. This means that there was no dragon with the code geode anymore.

Then this year, someone requested geode again, and got it, because the old dragon with the code geode got its code changed to 7w1Yl.

I hope I made more sense this time.

"geode" was a code on a prize from LAST YEAR, likely an honorable mention CB geode that was upgraded to a prize. The code was changed.

Then someone else picked the code "geode" for THIS YEAR for their prize.

From the wiki:

(geode) code was changed to (7w1Yl) at the request of its new owner.

Maybe you can solve my question, oh X-Files fan!? I only remember the tail end of a single episode:

The people were all separating, getting ambushed one by one, as is the genre's tradition. Finally, the final one or two survivors were chatting about how they're safe now... In a room where glowing (I thought green, but could've been red) eyes were glowing under the bed. (My impression was, them humans couldn't've survived, but they must've done for the show to continue!) Anyway, was this a single occurrence or are the eyes a staple of the series? Being a person who's seen Buffy thrice (all times were pieces of the same episode) and the Simpsons twice (once on tape, second time on TV, and it wasn't a different story, either), I'm wondering - did you just joke about the only episode I know or is it an easily-explained coincidence?

Maybe you can solve my question, oh X-Files fan!? I only remember the tail end of a single episode:

The people were all separating, getting ambushed one by one, as is the genre's tradition. Finally, the final one or two survivors were chatting about how they're safe now... In a room where glowing (I thought green, but could've been red) eyes were glowing under the bed. (My impression was, them humans couldn't've survived, but they must've done for the show to continue!) Anyway, was this a single occurrence or are the eyes a staple of the series? Being a person who's seen Buffy thrice (all times were pieces of the same episode) and the Simpsons twice (once on tape, second time on TV, and it wasn't a different story, either), I'm wondering - did you just joke about the only episode I know or is it an easily-explained coincidence?

Episode is Detour, fourth episode of season five.

*slinks back to her nerd corner*

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. I'll try and explain myself more clearly.

Last year(I think), there was a prize dragon with the code geode, but something happened and it went to someone else. They didn't like the code so they asked for it to be changed and it got changed to 7w1Yl. This means that there was no dragon with the code geode anymore.

Then this year, someone requested geode again, and got it, because the old dragon with the code geode got its code changed to 7w1Yl.

I hope I made more sense this time.

Ah, that makes more sense, yes. Thanks!

"geode" was a code on a prize from LAST YEAR, likely an honorable mention CB geode that was upgraded to a prize.  The code was changed.

Then someone else picked the code "geode" for THIS YEAR for their prize.

From the wiki:

(geode) code was changed to (7w1Yl) at the request of its new owner.

so why does TJ say that the codes can't be changed?

when it's right in the Wiki that it's been done?

Edited by daba555

Episode is Detour, fourth episode of season five.

*slinks back to her nerd corner*

I was thinking of that episode when I saw 'eyes under the bed'! It's one my favourites but my word did it scare me silly for far too long. I used to watch the second half of each episode and then watch the first half on the '+1' version of the channel - made it less scary :3

On topic - there's some really cool codes about for the new Prizes. I should really be paying more attention to the eggs passing me by when I'm giving views in the hatcheries :3

Probably to make sure that people aren't frequently changing their minds and poking him about it. The ones that are listed are special circumstances (save for hello, it looks like). I know I certainly wouldn't want to deal with possibly hundreds of users wanting to change their codes.

SO many new pretties. ^.^ I'll be looking forward to getting offspring of some of these.

AM I a terrible person if this fact also makes me feel vaugly sad?

I mean... those new shinies are going to SO unattainable for a while.

Probably to make sure that people aren't frequently changing their minds and poking him about it. The ones that are listed are special circumstances (save for hello, it looks like). I know I certainly wouldn't want to deal with possibly hundreds of users wanting to change their codes.

I'd agree.

I don't think it's anything about "It's not possible" but much more about drawing the line somewhere to prevent something that may otherwise turn into a headache - especially with all the extra winners this year. I think with increasing the prize pool so exponentially, other perks in the past are no longer available simply due to the scale of the thing.

well, my friend requested a code, and 4 of us watched her submit it, but TJ said that she requested a random code.

we feel like it's a glitch somehow.

she's not as gung-ho as I am, anyway, and this puts her right off.

for me, it's the 3rd strike. I mentioned earlier, any of my friends who won would have traded me - this year it's not allowed. plus, we intended to ask to a cb Soulpeace. also not allowed.

so, the code thing is the 3rd strike. takes the pleasure right out of the whole thing. yeah, sour grapes because she won, but geez, it's hard watching all the congrats for the codes when she couldn't get hers. we kind of wish she would have just refused the prize at this point and let someone get it later in a re-draw who might have been happier.

From what I'm understanding, the times the codes were actually changed were due to special circumstances, rather than the person just changing their mind after they picked a code they knew they couldn't change. (r7aPe) being because the word it contained, (geode) being because they never actually picked that code? and (hello) I'm not too sure of, but I'm sure there was a legitimate reason.