TJ09

2014-11-18 - Patch Notes

*Iz still waiting for the new front page to show  up*

-pouts-

Did you log out? I can only see the newness if I log out. Logged in it looks the same as always.

user posted image

user posted image

Did you log out? I can only see the newness if I log out. Logged in it looks the same as always.

Look just like normal when I'm logged out, too. I have it neither logged in or out, it seems.

I has the new homepage!

...Not sure I like it, honestly. I mean, seeing the news is great, but....it squishes the cave map a bit and looks kinda cluttered. :/

Meh. No big deal, really. I'll get used to it, I'm sure.

Nice! Finally people who don't use the forums can see recent news when it comes. Great addition, and it's pretty necessary...

Ooh yay I just got it! :D Exciting!

I have to say, I think it looks nicer on the Portal 2 skin than the default one, BUT I still agree with Cazanna's post for adding a little bit more space.

I think I also slightly prefer how the default skin has a bar between the main text and the news column. It helps separate it from the cave text. The sort page has it for Portal 2, so why not the main page?

But all in all I really like having the news column around. c:

I can't see ANY reason why plain vanilla news announcements can't be on the scroll pages, leaving discussion to the forums..

Maybe just the first posts? Like the ones with the descriptions and the one by TJ?

Edited by Meg_752

Hm. New front page, eh? Very convenient! Stops me from missing news because I forgot the forums exist. It'll take some getting used to, but I do appreciate the change. smile.gif

Finally I can see the updated version of the homepage! smile.gif

I love the fact that we can now see the news biggrin.gif

Ooh, I just got the new homepage! I love how it looks on the Portal 2 theme. Now, when do we get Naka's beautimous art ;P ?

Woke up and saw the new news on the front page. Wonderful!

Hugely happy to see the news on the front page! Like some others, I would love to have a bit more space between the news blurbs (it feels especially cramped on Portal 2), but I'm extremely glad for the information! Thank you so much! user posted image

I like this update! So nice to know when we get new dragons. Sometimes I forget to check the forums even when I'm checking up on my dragons. Thanks!

I like that you added a news section to the front page. That will be very helpful.

However...it looks too cramped to me (I'm using the default skin). Why not just make the tan part wider? There is all this space on either side that could be used, but right now it's just plain brown while everything is cramped onto the tan part.

Edited by Allspice

I can see the new news feature just fine and I did not need to log out or back in again.

Oh cool. The new homepage is very useful.

I'm always super bad at checking the news, so having it right there is fantastic.

great to have the news on the opening page. I feel going one font size smaller so it isn't so ...shouty...would be better though.

Wish we had this when I started - wouldn't have missed out on half the releases I did back then xd.png

I really like the split screen first page. Instead of going page to page and formally linking into the Forum, pertinent information and links are easily viewed and accessed from the first page of entry or keep the option of continuing into the Cave. Very nice,

Thank-you TJ!

Maybe just the first posts? Like the ones with the descriptions and the one by TJ?

EXACTLY ! It would be a great help to people who can't come on the forum - and there are plenty of them.

Nice! Finally people who don't use the forums can see recent news when it comes. Great addition, and it's pretty necessary...

Well, NO, lightningsky - that is exactly my point - the link takes you to the forum. Where many players cannot go - and in any event should not be forced to go if they don't want to. The GAME is on the scroll.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Well, NO, lightningsky - that is exactly my point - the link takes you to the forum. Where many players cannot go - and in any event should not be forced to go if they don't want to. The GAME is on the scroll.

I think he means that users that don't have or don't want a forum account don't need to check the forums every week or two to see the news. ;P

Thanks TJ! ;D