TJ09

2014-11-18 - Patch Notes

@purplehaze @suskekun222:

Did you log out by chance? Cause I only see it when I am logged in.

Edited by Mondat

It disappeared for me as well (I use portal 2 - switched to other skins - still gone ) and I've had it since the announcement.

Edited by rubyshoes

I'm seeing the new homepage (via my android).

I had it a few hours ago to , and now it's gone. I was logged in at the time.

@purplehaze @suskekun222:

Did you log out by chance? Cause I only see it when I am logged in.

I almost never log out of my account, the last time I logged out it was when I wanted to see if the homepage would appear. xd.png

I guess if we give it a few more days it'll be back up again.

Well, it's back for me now. And no, I didn't log out.

Are you on Windows 95?
No, Windows XP.

I had it a few hours ago to , and now it's gone. I was logged in at the time.

Yeah, me too.

Just putting in that I finally got the new homepage.

I agree with some other's: it's too cramped. I think making the news section smaller would help with that, as right now, the size of it seems to 'overwhelm' the rest of the page, if you understand what I mean.

Hm. I don't like it as much as I thought I would. I agree with others that it looks too cramped.

Maybe it is just because it's a new feature that I'm not used to, but the first thing my eyes are drawn to when I see the homepage is the news column. The thread titles stand out with a size and emphasis unique to that column, which overpowers the main text.

While I'm thrilled that there's now a way for non-forum users to easily check up on news, I agree for the most part with what has been stated by others.

The homepage came back for me, hopefully it stays this time. c:

the first thing my eyes are drawn to when I see the homepage is the news column. The thread titles stand out with a size and emphasis unique to that column, which overpowers the main text.

Isn't that a good thing though? I mean, for the most part.

My DC page now shows the same top as usual- the Recent News has now moved underneath the map! TJ rolling out another take due to our feedback?

My DC page now shows the same top as usual- the Recent News has now moved underneath the map! TJ rolling out another take due to our feedback?

Try a hard refresh. Mine was at the bottom too but a hard refresh "fixed" it.

I don't see it yet sad.gif not at all.

No worries; I rarely go to the home page anyway biggrin.gif

I don't see it yet sad.gif not at all.

No worries; I rarely go to the home page anyway biggrin.gif

You're not alone, fuzz! And I really want it, too... I want to be able to see the latest news right there on the page xd.png

You're not alone, fuzz! And I really want it, too... I want to be able to see the latest news right there on the page xd.png

Someone who has got it - does the news send you to the forum ? That will be an issue for some - for instance, my grandson, who isn't allowed on the forum... MANY children aren't allowed here. I was one of those hoping for a way to have ON SCROLL news...

Someone who has got it - does the news send you to the forum ? That will be an issue for some - for instance, my grandson, who isn't allowed on the forum... MANY children aren't allowed here. I was one of those hoping for a way to have ON SCROLL news...

If you click on the news post, it does send you to that forum thread.

If you click on the news post, it does send you to that forum thread.

Damn. TJ - is it POSSIBLE to have a SCROLL page with news - JUST the initial news posts ?

PRETTY please ? Have a donut ??

Someone who has got it - does the news send you to the forum ? That will be an issue for some - for instance, my grandson, who isn't allowed on the forum... MANY children aren't allowed here.

Considering there was/is a link to the "Forums" on the top of the page since I started to play DC last year....having the news post sending people to the forum should not be that different...I would think...? What is the difference?

Considering there was/is a link to the "Forums" on the top of the page since I started to play DC last year....having the news post sending people to the forum should not be that different...I would think...? What is the difference?

I think the issue is that people still can't really get the news without going to the forum, which for some people is not possible. Now you can know that there is news, but to get the whole announcement still requires forum access.

I think the issue is that people still can't really get the news without going to the forum, which for some people is not possible. Now you can know that there is news, but to get the whole announcement still requires forum access.

Yes.

But in case of children who are not allowed to visit the forum I would assume that the people responsible supervise their children which internet sites they browse. (That is what I would do, stay with my child.)

Otherwise, as there has been a link to the forum at least since I created my account last year, these people would not know if their children secretly visit the forum or not.

So saying the news being linked to the DC page from the forum is "troublesome" because of/for the children who are not allowed forum access seems..."moot" for me. Since I would stay with my child, I would have controll over the situation. By clicking the link and reading TJ's news post together no harm should occur, in my opinion.

Exactly. Mondat - I am not myself prepared to watch my 12 y/o grandson every moment of the day. He runs his own games website and so on - BUT - there is parental software set up that blocks all forums - and frankly, I would say, with good reason. So yes - his mother WOULD know; she could see him bypassing. He also has a sister who needs a lot of attention - and his mother has a job and a life. I don't know how many children you have, Mondat - but in this day and age, supervision every moment they are on line is simply not possible.

My grandson is actually very tech savvy and could bypass it all with ease, I am sure - but he is an honest kid, and wouldn't. That kind of honesty should be fostered, and I can't see ANY reason why plain vanilla news announcements can't be on the scroll pages, leaving discussion to the forums..